2024 NHL Playoffs Around the League

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Canes continue to be good for a second round appearance or so.
They were the model way to play according to some people here that were routinely envious of them. Another team trying to mask known problems with the wrong player acquisitions.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
LMAO at people that want Tulsky as GM.

So far, those spreadsheets for him and Dubas haven’t crunched playoff hockey. Just regular season darlings that get dropped at the velvet rope area.

Reactions: jgiovanni and mm11

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The good news for the Isles is probably that Brind'Amour takes more money to go somewhere else. Maybe NJ/Toronto/Seattle so at the very least Carolina should be playing a different style of game next year if the Isles are lucky enough to find themselves playing hockey in the playoffs against them

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
The enemy of my enemy is my friend....just for this series.

I LOVE that the Canes lost in that fashion, and at home. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

now time to move on to LOVING the Rangers losing the next round.

Reactions: PWJunior

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

I LOVE that the Canes lost in that fashion, and at home. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!

Can't stand that disgraceful team with all of their diving and fake tough guy antics, their whiny ass fans, and that diving instructor Brindamoan. Their management clearly doesn't give a shit about character either so they are even more unlikable.

Now I can wash the stink of rooting for these frauds away.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here

Absolutely. I think living here for over 20 years has made me realize that I hate the Canes even more than the Rangers. For people that don't get this, you'd have to live it to understand. The fan base, the arena experience, the local media, even the arena announcer, make it so easy to abhor them. Additionally, the NHL is letting the Isles-Rags rivalry (and other rivalries) fade because of ridiculous scheduling frequency. That said, the hate is still there and I want them to go down in round 3.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

What of they are both your enemy?

• Haha
Reactions: Lek

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
VAN really is great team huh? Was watching the second period where there were 2 goals within 23 seconds.

VAN ties it at 1-1 and then EDM immediately scores to go back up. After something like that I figured EDM would take the win, but was surprised this morning.

Tocchet must be an awesome coach considering that turnaround. (Or was Horvat the problem? :sarcasm:)

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
The days of me being a regular listener on sports radio are long gone but every now and then I still tune in which is what I did this morning.

Thought I’d just give a public service announcement to all the isles fans out there. Take a break from SportsRadio until this summer. The Rags love fest there is insufferable.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Turned the game on about halfway through the 3rd period. That was a fun 20 minutes. :laugh:
Turned the game on just before the start of the 3rd period. That was NOT a fun 40 minutes. :shakehead

In our series Andersen was great on anything shot to the top 90% of the net but had problems with low shots, especially at his feet. I saw a handful of times where the NYR took advantage of that in their series. Unfortunately.

If Svechnikov went five-hole on Shesterkin on that great 3rd period chance he had right in front, I think there would've been a game 7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad