2024 NHL Playoffs Around the League

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I hate the kind of penalty call like in the 3rd period tonight where the NYR player was skating down the boards and then cut to the middle of the ice and basically tripped himself over the CAR defender's leg. And not just because it benefitted the NYR. That's just a dumb call IMO. The defender did absolutely nothing - the other guy just created a situation where he had to fall down with the move that he made. I don't think that's something that would have been called 20 years ago. And if it was, the player would have to answer for it later. But that's over now.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Canes are useless. All of a sudden their special teams suck. Weren’t they like top 3 in both categories all season long?

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Maybe it's because I live in Carolina and can't stand them, but I felt oddly content when the Rangers won tonight. And I've abhorred the Rangers for 50 years....

Reactions: Lek and Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Canes are useless. All of a sudden their special teams suck. Weren’t they like top 3 in both categories all season long?
They genuinely cannot hang against the Rangers PP at all. It is actually hilarious (to me) how the nerds rant and rave about Carolina yet outside of two good third periods in games 2 and 5, they are very meh. I actually have to admit, the Canes look worse this year than last season. Rangers are way better. Shesterkin is playing like a pissed off monster, Panarin and Trochek are producing, and Lafreniere is a legit top 6 scorer. The only issue? Trouba. Carolina is 0/10 on the power play. At the very least, the islanders scored on the power play these playoffs.

Rags gonna PP their way to a cup
Yeah thats the thing also...

terrible 5v5, amazing PP and PK

cup winner lmao

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Maybe it is just me but I found the amount of PP's given to both teams late in the third and during OT downright embarrassing. The NHL playoffs have become much more of a regular season affair in recent years.
dont tell that to the leafs

Canes fans complaining on a dive that gave the rags the pp, no sympathy for them.
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
They genuinely cannot hang against the Rangers PP at all. It is actually hilarious (to me) how the nerds rant and rave about Carolina yet outside of two good third periods in games 2 and 5, they are very meh. I actually have to admit, the Canes look worse this year than last season. Rangers are way better. Shesterkin is playing like a pissed off monster, Panarin and Trochek are producing, and Lafreniere is a legit top 6 scorer. The only issue? Trouba. Carolina is 0/10 on the power play. At the very least, the islanders scored on the power play these playoffs.

Yeah thats the thing also...

cup winner lmao
Is Carolina a good team? Yeah. A great team? I don’t know about that.

I don’t think they looked overly special vs the Isles tbh. Are they better than the Isles? Most certainly. However, if the Isles could have put together a consistent effort, then there was solid likelihood of bumping them off.

Reactions: Osakahaus

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

cup winner lmao
The NYR could win the Cup, but I think they'd need Shesterkin to win the Conn Smythe in a runaway for that to happen. Unfortunately, that's possible.

Re: CAR, I agree that they don't look as good this year. It could be partly that Burns is a year older - he's been good but not as dominant as in the past.

And I said a few times during our series that the Isles needed to shoot low, along the ice, at Andersen's feet and five-hole. That seems to be his weakness.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
In the Hurricanes 7 playoff games this year I have yet to see the team that stretch passed us and seam passed us to death in 2023.
Jesper Fast being removed hurts them more than Svechnikov being out IMO

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Think the canes controlled game 2 vrs the rags and looked pretty damn good. I do suspect they will whine their way to game 3 and 4 then it's a best of 3 series

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Just watched the condensed Vancouver game....wow...rough goaltending.

Guess though Vancouver figured out after letting in the 4th Oilers goal...just do not let them have shots on net.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Another blown 3 goal lead
That is now two nights in a row, by two of the top teams in the league. I guess we are not the only team who does this, but it is funny that when it happens to other teams it does not seem to lead to nearly as much mockery around the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad