Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Entry Draft

eaterfan

Nov 29, 2023
The value for trading 1st overall is just hilarious. I traded it for San Jose for all of their picks and was able to have this draft:
Demidov
Lindstrom
Yakemchuk
Iginla
Badinka

I just don't see us moving back. Especially with the uncertainty of the top 15. If they have a guy they like I bet they take him even if it's at #3 and we theoretically could have gotten him 5-10.

IMO that's the best time to trade back. Teams are way more confident in their ability to scout than how good they actually are at scouting. Without a consensus it should show that there isn't really an appreciable difference in any of these players. If there isn't really a difference the team is better off getting 2 or even 3 chances at one of those guys than they are with just one.

Levshunav is my guy, but I'm not twice as confident that he'll be a 1D or 2D than Buium and/or Parekh would be. Or that He'll be a 1D more than Yakemchuk will be and/or Eiserman will be a 40 goal scorer.

Yeah, if this draft had a top 3 like last year and the Ducks were in the 3rd position, I get not trading down. But after the first pick this draft is a dart throw. Get more darts.

They might even be able to trade back, get their guy, and another guy. That's how jumbled this board is.

Last edited:

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
IMO that's the best time to trade back. Teams are way more confident in their ability to scout than how good they actually are at scouting. Without a consensus it should show that there isn't really an appreciable difference in any of these players. If there isn't really a difference the team is better off getting 2 or even 3 chances at one of those guys than they are with just one.

Levshunav is my guy, but I'm not twice as confident that he'll be a 1D or 2D than Buium and/or Parekh would be. Or that He'll be a 1D more than Yakemchuk will be and/or Eiserman will be a 40 goal scorer.

Yeah, if this draft had a top 3 like last year and the Ducks were in the 3rd position, I get not trading down. But after the first pick this draft is a dart throw. Get more darts.

They might even be able to trade back, get their guy, and another guy. That's how jumbled this board is.
I agree with you in principal, but I think it's going to be difficult to pull that off. And where is the cutoff for a trade like that to be worth it? Let's say the Ducks end up in the 4th spot. Do they need to end up with a top 10 pick and a top 15 pick to be worth trading down? Or is two top 20 picks good enough?

Would Ottawa do, for example, their #7 pick and their #26 pick for the Ducks #4 pick + a 2nd rounder? And then could the Ducks package the #24 and the #26 for the #15? Or would the Ducks be better off with the #7, #24, and #26? It's a lot of moving parts.

eaterfan

Nov 29, 2023
I agree with you in principal, but I think it's going to be difficult to pull that off. And where is the cutoff for a trade like that to be worth it? Let's say the Ducks end up in the 4th spot. Do they need to end up with a top 10 pick and a top 15 pick to be worth trading down? Or is two top 20 picks good enough?

Would Ottawa do, for example, their #7 pick and their #26 pick for the Ducks #4 pick + a 2nd rounder? And then could the Ducks package the #24 and the #26 for the #15? Or would the Ducks be better off with the #7, #24, and #26? It's a lot of moving parts.
Yeah, this year it's tough because it's about a 12 player tier.

Basically, it only makes sense if Chicago and Anaheim finish 1-2 in the lotter and San Jose is willing to move 3 and 14 for the number 2 pick. Ducks could package 14 and later picks to get another of the second tier of players behind Cellebrini. I don't think they can get 2 of them in any other way.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Looks like Parekh is injured so cross him off the draft list.

From the prospect board:
"Parekh is adding more physicality to his game lately.

During a pp at the end of the 2nd. period while he was retrieving the pucks in his zone he glued a forward to the board, you could see it was getting intense between the 2 and then the camera followed the play, i didn't see the rest, they didn't give us replay. It appear Parekh got into the wrong side of the altercation and left the game.

Been 3-4 games this series he's getting bruised up."

He missed the game following this so doesn't look too good for his playoff durability.

GiveYouABagOfPucks

Jan 29, 2015
Yakemchuk to Brady Tkachuk for the Ducks has a nice ring to it! Sorry been drinking a bunch missing the big bad skilled Ducks and the playoffs.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
U18 starting today
Eiserman with a hat tick in game 1

Ziemer had 3 assist, a right handed shot forward that could be had later in the draft

Canada sweeden is a bit later for anyone that wants to watch

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Eiserman has the look of a kid who's gonna prove a lot of teams wrong.
He has to dominate the U18 to have a chance stay in the top 10 IMO. He will probably end up like Caufield and fall somewhere from 10-15.

His saving grace is that he is really young. He has time to learn a more complete game. And I don't mean a 2-way game, I mean anything other then shooting.

Then again, Bob has him at 4 and his ranking is generally the most accurate. Who knows. There is no chance I would touch him with the top 5 pick we have.

Reactions: lwvs84

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
He has to dominate the U18 to have a chance stay in the top 10 IMO. He will probably end up like Caufield and fall somewhere from 10-15.

His saving grace is that he is really young. He has time to learn a more complete game. And I don't mean a 2-way game, I mean anything other then shooting.

Then again, Bob has him at 4 and his ranking is generally the most accurate. Who knows. There is no chance I would touch him with the top 5 pick we have.
No chance with our first, but if he drops to Caufield range (mid 1st) I'd definitely look at trading up for him.

Edit: no chance I'd take him with our first

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Eiserman has massive red flags. He said that his coaches said his game is "perfect" he doesn't think there is anything that needs to change

Reactions: Kalv

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Being blown way out of proportion
it may not be the same exact same situation but it does remind me of Jeff Skinner a bit. I feel like Skinner might’ve even been a bit more off the radar than Eiserman is but could be wrong.

But they are/were both “flawed prospects” headlined by scouts as “having a knack for scoring goals” and a handful of teams ended up with trash instead of an all-star. There’s definitely potential for that sort of setup here again.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Pre-WJC18, Hemming was dropping from early 20s to the late 20s/2nd round conversation. In two games, Hemming is 3+1 and a +0 rating. In his second game, he scored 2g + 1, had a +0 rating, and was named Best Player for the game. His stock might be rising, but there's a huge caveat to his scoring - it's all been on the PP. Maybe his stock won't rise that much b/c his current profile is similar to last year's Haltunnen, where most of his scoring was on the PP b/c of his shot. Haltunnen was drafted in the 2nd round.

As for Helenius, he's center RW Hemming and LW Sinivuori. All of Helenius' points are also on the PP. I was hoping for more out of Helenius at ES play, but maybe his wingers aren't all that talented as ES play. I know Hemming was used as a grunt, 4th line power forward on his Liiga team and Hemming might still be playing that way as ES instead being more offensive.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Pre-WJC18, Hemming was dropping from early 20s to the late 20s/2nd round conversation. In two games, Hemming is 3+1 and a +0 rating. In his second game, he scored 2g + 1, had a +0 rating, and was named Best Player for the game. His stock might be rising, but there's a huge caveat to his scoring - it's all been on the PP. Maybe his stock won't rise that much b/c his current profile is similar to last year's Haltunnen, where most of his scoring was on the PP b/c of his shot. Haltunnen was drafted in the 2nd round.

As for Helenius, he's center RW Hemming and LW Sinivuori. All of Helenius' points are also on the PP. I was hoping for more out of Helenius at ES play, but maybe his wingers aren't all that talented as ES play. I know Hemming was used as a grunt, 4th line power forward on his Liiga team and Hemming might still be playing that way as ES instead being more offensive.
2nd caveat regarding Hemming...the two games were against Latvia and Norway. We'll see if he can elevate his game against some of the better teams.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Eiserman has massive red flags. He said that his coaches said his game is "perfect" he doesn't think there is anything that needs to change
That is not what the quote was. It was what his coach told him regarding if he should look to pass or shoot more. He's not that daft.

Why has he not improved the things every scout says he should, I can't say. What everyone is expecting of him would not be a secret to him, seeing his stock take a dip and not know why would be improbable. That is why I would avoid him, unless it turns out it was due to some bad influence, like coaching, mentoring or whatever.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Save the date.

I’m probably going to skip this one. We don’t need Celebrini, and we never win anyway. Just figured we will pick Top 5 and add a nice prospect to the pool who may be ready the following year to hit the NHL.

We need to tweak coaching and add outside help from established players to take the next step and turn the corner to start to become competitive.

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad