Prospect Info: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I think it’s underrated.
I do too. I don't ever recall a top ten draft as crowded as this one. Columbus really needs a center. I think they take Lindstrom. Celebrini and Demidov are two more forwards gone by our pick. Even if Montreal picks before us, as deep as they are on youth defenseman, they also take a forward. (Catton?) We are likely going to get anyone of these dmen.
It's also possible some GM's fear the Russian factor and Demidov drops to us. Oh my!
Friday, June 28th is going to be WILD!!!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I do too. I don't ever recall a top ten draft as crowded as this one. Columbus really needs a center. I think they take Lindstrom.
Do they? They got Fantilli and Sillinger and Johnson recently, right? I guess Sillinger is a little lower on the chart and Johnson might be a winger.
Celebrini and Demidov are two more forwards gone by our pick.
I think most teams would take Demidov 2nd or 3rd at the latest.
Even if Montreal picks before us, as deep as they are on youth defenseman, they also take a forward. (Catton?) We are likely going to get anyone of these dmen.
It's also possible some GM's fear the Russian factor and Demidov drops to us. Oh my!
Friday, June 28th is going to be WILD!!!
So true. This one is impossible to mock.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Do they? They got Fantilli and Sillinger and Johnson recently, right? I guess Sillinger is a little lower on the chart and Johnson might be a winger.
I think Johnson is a winger. Fantili and Lindstrom would be a killer one two punch down the middle. But I'm not sure how stacked they are on d prospects. I haven't looked into that with any depth. I have heard a few draft prospect podcasts that have suggested Columbus likely drafting a center.
I'll admit I'm a little late in studying prospects this season. The arena situation and our strong start had me delay it. I'm going to be busy in April and May doing research on all these cats.

rt

May 13, 2004
1. SJS: Celebrini
2. CHI: Demidov
3. ANA: Silayev
4. CBJ: Lindstrom
5. ARI: Levshunov
6. OTT: Parekh
7. MTL: Dickinson
8. CGY: Iginla
9. BUF: Eiserman
10.SEA: Yakemchuk

37.ARI: Letourneau

49.ARI: Lavoie

63.ARI: Wetsch

Reactions: Schemp

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Remaining opponents in order -

Rangers, Canucks, Vancouver, San Jose, Seattle, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary and Edmonton
Are we back to February? That's a brutal schedule. Mind you, end of year we could see some stars sit.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I can't believe no one else in this forum is talking about this guy.

1711760604255.png

Like 15 pages since the last time I posted and not a single mention except to put him outside the top 10?? I think you guys are crazy.

Best scorer, best shot in the game. Lives and breathes hockey, works on stuff like a workaholic, all his coaches say he's incredibly motivated and willing to do whatever is asked of him.

I will of course, not actually say who this is, but I'm sure some can figure it out. 😛

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Here is my dream. You can all have your own. This is mine. I want the biggest pains in the ass.

Carter Yakemchuk at 7th overall. Trade our 2nd and Washington’s 2nd to the late 1st and pick Yegor Surin.

Trade Florida’s 2nd and our 3rd to move up into the mid 2nd for Stian Solberg.

Then with our remaining two thirds we take Tyler McInnis Thorpe and Simon Pier Brunet.

Yakemchuk
Surin
Solberg
Thorpe
Brunet
Yakemchuk is very appealing.
Do you think he will be available when the Yotes pick?

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I can't believe no one else in this forum is talking about this guy.

View attachment 843346

Like 15 pages since the last time I posted and not a single mention except to put him outside the top 10?? I think you guys are crazy.

Best scorer, best shot in the game. Lives and breathes hockey, works on stuff like a workaholic, all his coaches say he's incredibly motivated and willing to do whatever is asked of him.

I will of course, not actually say who this is, but I'm sure some can figure it out.
Helenius?

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
It's Eiserman. That image matches his Elite Prospect rankings. :laugh:
It is indeed Eiserman. My man is so young he's almost eligible for the 2025 draft, has the most ppg ever in the 14U league as a 14yo for Shattuck (more than Celebrini by a bit) and 3rd behind Kessel for league wide, He's only behind Crosby and Toews for goals as a 15yo in U18 prep and is only behind those and Celebrini for PPG (there's like a billion players who only played 20ish games, didn't count them because it helps my point :D) and then as a 16yo he a) shatters Caufields record for goals in NTDP as a 16yo b) has over a GPG in the U18 team as a 16yo c) is 2nd behind only Hughes in points and ppg as a 16yo and d) in the USHL is 4th all time in PPG behind Vanek, Celebrini, and Hughes and the 5th in goals all time, once again only the aforementioned come close to him in GPG.

He also has solid numbers this year, Are we upset that he's only getting ~15% of his teams goals?

I love all of the defenseman in this draft but I want Demidov, Eiserman, or Celebrini. Don't really care which of the D we would get, only really the russians have the elite talent that I see in the 3 forwards.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
It is indeed Eiserman. My man is so young he's almost eligible for the 2025 draft, has the most ppg ever in the 14U league as a 14yo for Shattuck (more than Celebrini by a bit) and 3rd behind Kessel for league wide, He's only behind Crosby and Toews for goals as a 15yo in U18 prep and is only behind those and Celebrini for PPG (there's like a billion players who only played 20ish games, didn't count them because it helps my point :D) and then as a 16yo he a) shatters Caufields record for goals in NTDP as a 16yo b) has over a GPG in the U18 team as a 16yo c) is 2nd behind only Hughes in points and ppg as a 16yo and d) in the USHL is 4th all time in PPG behind Vanek, Celebrini, and Hughes and the 5th in goals all time, once again only the aforementioned come close to him in GPG.

He also has solid numbers this year, Are we upset that he's only getting ~15% of his teams goals?

I love all of the defenseman in this draft but I want Demidov, Eiserman, or Celebrini. Don't really care which of the D we would get, only really the russians have the elite talent that I see in the 3 forwards.
Whoever drafts this kid is going to get a lot of goals, but I think that's where it ends, even though he thinks he's a 200 foot player. He's a sniper, but his dropping is due to him playing disinterested and just waiting for a pass. He's a faller, and fallers scare me. I'd place a heavy wager on BetMGM that BA won't draft him if that was a category.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
This is not who I want on draft day. Holy moly is he talented though! These highlights are a lot of fun to watch.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Whoever drafts this kid is going to get a lot of goals, but I think that's where it ends, even though he thinks he's a 200 foot player. He's a sniper, but his dropping is due to him playing disinterested and just waiting for a pass. He's a faller, and fallers scare me. I'd place a heavy wager on BetMGM that BA won't draft him if that was a category.
Didn't Guenther fall?

rt

May 13, 2004
There was a group of 9. Guenther went at 9. I had him higher. I think Redline had him at 1OV. From that perspective he fell. Reality is wingers go lower than C’s and D typically.
Pronman had him 2nd. But yeah, one of those kids was going to end up at 9th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad