2024 NHL Entry Draft Discussion, June 28-29th

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
This thread for discussion of the upcoming 2024 NHL Entry Draft.

The team is currently in year three of a rebuild and holds a large cache of picks over the next three years.

What areas do you think Bill Armstrong should look at the most??

Reactions: Summer Rose

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I love this draft. Sneaky good draft. Great for D. Less sexy at forward which is why it is "sneaky good". If we pick 6-8 we are likely picking one of Yakemchuk, Silyanov, or Dickinson. We are likely targeting a 20-25 minute per night top pairing D. The real drama is can we land another pick in the top 20-25 because there is still some great talent past our pick.

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Big, heavy D! In all seriousness, more emphasis on defense and D-minded forwards. If they could pick up a top-end sniper in FA, that would be awesome.

Freddy Sjostrom

Jun 24, 2018
Listening to Dan Marr on the Draft Class podcast, he said he asked his scouts, of the their top three defenseman (Zeev, Artem, Zayne) which one of these three would you want to build a team around? Who do you think BA would choose?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Listening to Dan Marr on the Draft Class podcast, he said he asked his scouts, of the their top three defenseman (Zeev, Artem, Zayne) which one of these three would you want to build a team around? Who do you think BA would choose?
Weird you use first names (had to go search who you were talking about)..

I would think BA would rank them as Leshunov, Buium, then Parekh.

Reactions: hbk

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
I could see BA liking Lindstrom as well being a big power foward. Levshunov, Yakemchuk and Buium would make great picks as well. I hope we jump back into the middle round with some moves as well.

Reactions: Heldig

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I could see BA liking Lindstrom as well being a big power foward. Levshunov, Yakemchuk and Buium would make great picks as well. I hope we jump back into the middle round with some moves as well.
if you think Lindstrom is a 1C and he's there at our pick and you don't have concerns about his injuries this year. Run up and take him.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I will take winning over the splash. Team needs D. especially RD. We also need size on the backend.

Vonte Mack no matter what.

Yep, we need D. Even though there are a bunch of giants in the pipeline, you can't count on any of them making the show or becoming top-pairing dmen.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Yep, we need D. Even though there are a bunch of giants in the pipeline, you can't count on any of them making the show or becoming top-pairing dmen.
Based on what I've seen the only way I am passing on any of the top rated D for this draft is if a can't miss #1 C or future star (Demidov) are still available. I would have to swallow hard to pass on Demidov. That's me though. If he's the next Kucherov you have to do it. Our scouts may think differently. This is where the second guessing post draft (see But and Simashev selections) comes in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad