NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Former NHL enforcer Eric Boulton's sons play for the London Knights and they seem like pretty entertaining players. Maybe the Sens should consider drafting the Boulton bros with some late picks in the 2024 draft.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

^ this kid is a 6'2 200lb RD
1699761616919.png

^ another RD; He's 17

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Former NHL enforcer Eric Boulton's sons play for the London Knights and they seem like pretty entertaining players. Maybe the Sens should consider drafting the Boulton bros with some late picks in the 2024 draft.

They can both take a punch or 5, that's for sure.

Not a lot of defense in any of those fights!

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Wouldn't mind using a 5th-7th on Marcus Kearsey.

Will never be big, but think it's likely he grows another inch or so in the next year. He's always going to be slight, won't be playing at over 185.

Incredibly smart and smooth skating D with fantastic vision.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Might as well have a Draft thread now. Seems likely we'll be getting a top pick with our own pick. This assumes we'll keep this year's pick and forfeit the 1st down the road in the future because of the Dadonov debacle.

That Detroit/Boston 1st we got via the Debrincat trade is another story.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Might as well have a Draft thread now. Seems likely we'll be getting a top pick with our own pick. This assumes we'll keep this year's pick and forfeit the 1st down the road in the future because of the Dadonov debacle.

That Detroit/Boston 1st we got via the Debrincat trade is another story.
Our best start in 6 seasons and you are already throwing in the towel ?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Our best start in 6 seasons and you are already throwing in the towel ?
I just look at the standings using the "Wild Card" filter and see that we have 6 teams to leap frog to get to that last wild card seed.

I'll still watch the games and cheer, but this is deja-vu and we've down this road before. I'll hope of course that we get on a heater soon and string multiple games together, but as they say, hope springs eternal.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I just look at the standings using the "Wild Card" filter and see that we have 6 teams to leap frog to get to that last wild card seed.

I'll still watch the games and cheer, but this is deja-vu and we've down this road before. I'll hope of course that we get on a heater soon and string multiple games together, but as they say, hope springs eternal.
It’s actually 7 teams we need to pass for wildcard but 1 regulation win would jump 3 teams. Lots of meaty middle.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
It’s actually 7 teams we need to pass for wildcard but 1 regulation win would jump 3 teams. Lots of meaty middle.
Ya, I guess I didn't count Tampa who holds the last wild card seed. Whether it's 4, 6 or 7 teams, it's still multiple teams and a challenge.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Sens are a bit below .500, they are likely looking at a pick in the 8-16 range give or take a pick or two.

Right in the Ritchie, Jiricek, Mews, Connolly type wheelhouse

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Why does the name Korchinski come to mind?

On another note, IF the Senators are looking at defenders, here are some names (source Sportsnet article):

5. Artyom Levshunov, D, Michigan State University (NCAA): Mobile big man on the back end who has plenty of stick skills to project as an offensive defenceman.

6. Sam Dickinson, D, London Knights (OHL): Is on a similar path to Evan Bouchard in terms of the responsibility he's earned at a young age in the lauded London program.

7. Anton Silayev, D, Torpedo (KHL): Plenty of raw skill, but decision making and agility are still a work in progress. Eye-popping start to the KHL season.

8. Adam Jiricek, D, HC Plzen (Czechia): Capable two-way defender who leans a little more offence. Reads the action well and will play with some risk in the offensive zone.

12. Zayne Parekh, D, Saginaw Spirit (OHL): Offensive instincts are next level. He may be best in class at his position from the offensive zone blue line in.

13. Aron Kiviharju, D, HIFK (Liiga): Gained plenty of momentum as a successful underager, but injury setback will slow the momentum until at least the new year.

14. Henry Mews, D, Ottawa 67’s (OHL): His game has remained similar from when he was highly touted out of minor hockey. He’s always around the puck or working hard to get it back. Consistent threat to produce offence on every shift.

Reactions: DrEasy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Stop drafting size and toughness, it’s not working, and the NHL isn’t built for these guys anymore.

Skating, NHL useable skills and IQ, the bigger the players the better. But size and toughness as a selling point should exclude them from being prioritized.
The Sens Captain has size & toughness & seems to be doing just fine, so is his brother. Seems to be working for him & the Sens & he has a pretty good skill set & IQ. Ostapchuk is another guy who should be a pretty good pro, almost looks like a Tkachuk lite player. Formenton was a pretty good player until the incident & Kane in Edm is good & so is Krieder.

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The Sens Captain has size & toughness & seems to be doing just fine, so is his brother. Seems to be working for him & the Sens & he has a pretty good skill set & IQ. Ostapchuk is another guy who should be a pretty good pro, almost looks like a Tkachuk lite player. Formenton was a pretty good player until the incident & Kane in Edm is good & so is Krieder.
Yes, size and toughness as a selling point being the operative words.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad