2024 NHL Draft: WE DID IT, CELEBRINI IS OURS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Next focus is who we draft at 14. This draft could really shape our rebuild.

Use our 2 early 2nds to trade up a nab a D. That way we at least have something to work with on the blue line.

If we stay at 14 and can add Eiserman/Sennecke/Helenius/Catton our forward prospects will be absolutely loaded.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
But we can! I believe the rule is based on "you can't move up in the order because of a lotto win", not winning the lottery itself
This is correct, the Sharks remain eligible to pick first for each of the next five years (pending lottery results for future drafts).

Reactions: Saskatoon

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Kyle Davidson looked very happy to just be in the top-2. and even said they're really happy getting 2nd overall. Makes me think he has someone clearly at number 2. My gut thinks that's Demidov, in which case I think it goes like:

I could easily see things like:
1. Celebrini - SJ
2. Demidov - CHI
3. Levshunov - ANA
4. Lindstrom - CBJ

And then I think Montreal is in shambles because they will be hoping for Demidov or Lindstrom to fall to them.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
This honestly changes a lot

Becuase of this I'm not opposed to throwing around some irresponsible money in free agency this summer, you just have to be careful about term

If you can get Brett Pesce to accept something like $7.5M/4 years I kinda think it's a smart idea

All of the sudden we have a real base of forward prospects to try and build something real, but the defense is a wasteland, if we're gonna weaponize our capspace that's probably the best place to do so

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
This honestly changes a lot

Becuase of this I'm not opposed to throwing around some irresponsible money in free agency this summer, you just have to be careful about term

If you can get Brett Pesce to accept something like $7.5M/4 years I kinda think it's a smart idea

All of the sudden we have a real base of forward prospects to try and build something real, but the defense is a wasteland, if we're gonna weaponize our capspace that's probably the best place to do so
I imagine the allure of playing with him will certainly help lure any FAs we may be looking at who normally wouldn't look anywhere close to our direction.

Reactions: cheechoo

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Man I'm hyped the Sharks got him. The Pacific division is going to be so much fun.

Congrats guys. Some of the best fans in the league. Well deserved and long suffering aquatic creatures like my Canucks.
Hopefully we can actually put up a fight while the nucks still are good. Could be a close passby as we switch back again

Kyle Davidson looked very happy to just be in the top-2. and even said they're really happy getting 2nd overall. Makes me think he has someone clearly at number 2. My gut thinks that's Demidov, in which case I think it goes like:

I could easily see things like:
1. Celebrini - SJ
2. Demidov - CHI
3. Levshunov - ANA
4. Lindstrom - CBJ

And then I think Montreal is in shambles because they will be hoping for Demidov or Lindstrom to fall to them.
Would love to see MTL take Silayev, meltdowns would be insane

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Oh no, he wears 17 because his favorite player is Ryan Kesler

I've changed my mind, this is bad, actually

Sorry Macklin you can't have that number, #17 for us needs to be retired already. The great Taco Torey Mitchell, purveyor of many free tacos for fans on many a great night in Sharks history.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
To continue the good luck, would you please tell me what to rename the 2025 Draft Thread to? It shouldn't mention Hagens. You played a big part in this by renaming the 2024 Draft thread to what it was until the draft lottery was done!!!
It was a team effort. :laugh: You, me, Luke Kunin, and David Quinn.

Let’s leave it for now. We can change it when the season starts. So long as you promise me not to start any McKenna threads until after the 2025 draft is done.

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
It was a team effort. :laugh: You, me, Luke Kunin, and David Quinn.

Let’s leave it for now. We can change it when the season starts. So long as you promise me not to start any McKenna threads until after the 2025 draft is done.
Agreed and agreed!!

Grinner

May 31, 2022
I'm not to sure we've suddenly become a desirable destination for FA's to sign but, I think it can't help landing better coaching candidates

Reactions: Sandisfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad