2024 NHL Draft Thread

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Celebrini and Eiserman playing for the same team and they could go 1-2 in the draft.
Celebrini is a freshman this year. Eiserman next year. Celebrini is doing what Fantilli did. Real young for a freshman but if he goes #1 overall I doubt he's returning to BU.

Reactions: bbfan419

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Purchased season tix for the BCHL`s Victoria Grizzlies, just couldn`t stomach the WHL`s Royals here, simply haven`t given me enough reasons to spend lots of money on them, I`ll still hit some games but sporadically. Alex Newhook Jersey retirement tonight at the Grizz game

Really liking this kid Anderson Pirtle, big RW/C for the Grizzlies , committed to Cornell for next year, 6`2 or 6`3 would be my guess, skinny now but the kid will put some lbs. on over the years, really slick hands for a big man in tight spaces, in the games I`ve watched so far, played on the PP/PK and was out at the end of a 3-2 game to help preserve the win last game. Loves the physicality

I`m horrific at predicting a kids projection but might be a kid to watch down the road

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Attended the NTDP vs BU game last night
Eiserman completely dominated, 3 goals 2 assists, drove his line ,plays both ways,excellent skater, lethal shot,outstanding prospect
Macklin Celebrini was a non compete dog, whined like Crosby, it was only 1 game but this wasn't close

Also impressed with Teddy Stiga 5'10 LW
Shane Vansaghi 6'2 RW
16 year old James Hagens 5'10 Center 2025 draft
Cole Hutson 5'10 Left D
John Whipple 6'1 Right D blocked a shot up 8-2 with 1 minute left
EJ Emery 6'3 Right D
Will Skahan 6'4 Left D
Nick Kempf 6'2 goalie, he was excellent

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Purchased season tix for the BCHL`s Victoria Grizzlies, just couldn`t stomach the WHL`s Royals here, simply haven`t given me enough reasons to spend lots of money on them, I`ll still hit some games but sporadically. Alex Newhook Jersey retirement tonight at the Grizz game

Really liking this kid Anderson Pirtle, big RW/C for the Grizzlies , committed to Cornell for next year, 6`2 or 6`3 would be my guess, skinny now but the kid will put some lbs. on over the years, really slick hands for a big man in tight spaces, in the games I`ve watched so far, played on the PP/PK and was out at the end of a 3-2 game to help preserve the win last game. Loves the physicality

I`m horrific at predicting a kids projection but might be a kid to watch down the road
I should try to get to some Grizzlies games. Used to watch them a lot when they were the Salsa. But i had semi-regular access to free tickets and more free time

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I should try to get to some Grizzlies games. Used to watch them a lot when they were the Salsa. But i had semi-regular access to free tickets and more free time
real fun to watch, great barn, right on top of the players too, reach out if your thinking of heading to a game, we`ll meet up to formally introduce ourselves

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Is Liam Greentree of the Spitfires related to former Victoria Salsa (and Flyers/Caps/Flames farmhand) Kyle Greentree?

I watched Kyle a lot with the Salsa. Big, physical winger with great scoring touch and was pretty good fighter, probably not a good enough skater to stick in the NHL. Would be some good bloodlines though

edit: Just found an interview with Kyle Greentree from last year, two daughters. Could be a nephew or cousin or something i suppose

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
chose to buy season tix for the BCHL Victoria Grizzlies over the WHL`s Royals here but keep an eye on 2025 for Cole Reschny, not a big kid but terrific LH C who plays for the Royals, off soon to rep Team Canada at under 17`s, good looking prospect

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
chose to buy season tix for the BCHL Victoria Grizzlies over the WHL`s Royals here but keep an eye on 2025 for Cole Reschny, not a big kid but terrific LH C who plays for the Royals, off soon to rep Team Canada at under 17`s, good looking prospect
Keep me updated on Tobias Pitka!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
can and will do, kid is huge, uses body fairly well, still needs to improve on his reading the play a bit and being proactive not reactive but nice looking kid, are you related or do you know him? Can`t recall off the top of my head but he`s either a BC or Merrimac commit?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
can and will do, kid is huge, uses body fairly well, still needs to improve on his reading the play a bit and being proactive not reactive but nice looking kid, are you related or do you know him? Can`t recall off the top of my head but he`s either a BC or Merrimac commit?
I'm a BC fan and that's where he is headed

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm a BC fan and that's where he is headed
ah gotcha, I shall do my best to keep you updated on his season, the boys play tomorrow night here. Please keep in mind, as if you couldn`t tell this already, my ability to judge a player and predict where I see them is piss poor:)

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
ah gotcha, I shall do my best to keep you updated on his season, the boys play tomorrow night here. Please keep in mind, as if you couldn`t tell this already, my ability to judge a player and predict where I see them is piss poor:)
Heh no worries on that. Just curious if he stands out at all.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I want all the Eiserman talk please. His personal coach owns my kids’ hockey organization and coached my 8 year old in clinics this summer. Therefore, my kid is the next Cole Eiserman and I need to watch the experience so I know what I’ll be dealing with in 9 years. Thanks in advance.

Kid is from my home town, that blows my mind, I know he didn't play for the highschool team...

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
@DominicT , know anything about these 2 kids?

can either actually play?

wow.

I think Xhekaj will play in the NHL, have my doubts on Boulton.

I was at that game sitting in the broadcast booth. What is missing in that video is that it actually started after the whistle with Xhekaj and Jackson Edward were nose to nose when the play-by-play voice of the Brantford Bulldogs said "this will be for the OHL heavyweight championship."

I can tell you from talking to players in the OHL, Xhekaj is the one players they do not want to face in a fight, followed by our own Jackson Edward. It would have been a better fight than the one with Boulton.

Unfortunately, the linesmen stepped in right away and we were robbed of a title fight. They took Edward straight to the bench but left Xhekaj on the ice so Dale Hunter said screw you, I'll send Boulton out. I'll just have to wait for Edward vs Xhekaj.

BTW, that was Sawyer Boulton. He has a younger brother Ryder on the same team who isn't draft eligible until 2025. He looks like he could play in the NHL one day.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
picked up an assist in an easy 7-2 win last night but was the catalyst on two of the goals he didn`t get an assist for by making excellent plays in his zone to get the puck out to start transition

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad