2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Kind of a dumb exercise because I know it won't happen, but I just did one of the mock drafts from draftprospectshockey.com and ended up getting;

4 Ivan Demidov
20 Carter Yakemchuk
30 Michael Hage (traded up from 54)
34 Yegor Surin
138 Colin Ralph
163 Miroslav Satan

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Fwiw Mario on the CHGO Blackhawks pod says he’s heard the hawks really like Dickinson.

Not necessarily more than levshunov, but they do like him. Which isn’t surprising.
With how much Davidson is infatuated with Korchinski, I'm afraid of what he'll do with Dickinson.

Almost guaranteed he'd get rushed to the NHL the second he's drafted.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
I know, but Dickinson is an even better prospect than Korchinski was

Therefore Davidson is going to go full Davidson
Naw he wont , barely any room now. As it is we'll have to have Phillips even If he doesn't make it because there is no way he passes through waivers.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
With how much Davidson is infatuated with Korchinski, I'm afraid of what he'll do with Dickinson.

Almost guaranteed he'd get rushed to the NHL the second he's drafted.

Deep breaths lol

He didn’t exactly have great options with Korch. Send him to JR to dominate kids, or send him to Chicago where he’ll be physically overmatched at times.

I thought Korchinski had good moments and some predictable growing pains.

You’re projecting way too hard here.

I do think Dickinson will be much better suited for the NHL at 19 compared to Korchinski.

(Not advocating rushing him, but I think his game will translate quicker)

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I actually would be pretty upset to take Dickinson at any of 2, 3 or 4.. I also don't actually believe Mario has a source like that.
I'm mostly in the camp there's no "right choice" after Celebrini

But yeah Dickinson would leave me disappointed

Mostly because it's the knowledge that Kyle Davidson would be overriding the opinion of every other scout in the organization to draft his precious boy

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I'm mostly in the camp there's no "right choice" after Celebrini

But yeah Dickinson would leave me disappointed

Mostly because it's the knowledge that Kyle Davidson would be overriding the opinion of every other scout in the organization to draft his precious boy
There isn't a right choice per say, but there are some wrong ones.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Demidov/Levshunov are my guys at 2/3.

At 4 I could be talked into just about anyone. Dickinson wouldn’t be my first choice though. (Ditto for Silayev)

Reactions: MicronMega

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I actually can't stand their content I really don't ever consume it.
They can’t be too harsh on the team because they have those inside sources and get granted interviews with Davidson and Foligno and the likes.

So while we can be as harsh as we want, they have to pick their words and takes very carefully so they don’t throw those opportunities away.

Last edited:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
They can’t be too harsh on the team because they have those inside sources and get granted interviews with Davidson and Foligno and the likes.

So while we can be as harsh as we want, they have to pick their words and takes very carefully so they don’t throw those opportunities away.
I can respect that but their own personalities just rub me wrong idk. I’d rather them just report. Their actual hockey opinions are terrible.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I actually would be pretty upset to take Dickinson at any of 2, 3 or 4.. I also don't actually believe Mario has a source like that.

Unless he said Catton, then you do believe it.

I always love the “I didn’t like the information so I choose to believe they’re just making stuff up” angle. Lol

I wasn’t thrilled with it either, but you have no idea what sources he has.

I agree

Celebrini
Demidov
Levshunov
Lindstrom...I don't know if you can pass on a 6'3" center with his skill set

Lindstrom pre injury would be right there for me too. Lindstrom would be a KD guy too.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
At this point, and this could always change in the future obviously, I am just going to trust the organization to make the right pick. I agree with the primary characteristics they are looking for (skating, compete, size on the back end), so until I am given reason to think otherwise, I will be happy with whoever we pick.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Unless he said Catton, then you do believe it.

I always love the “I didn’t like the information so I choose to believe they’re just making stuff up” angle. Lol

I wasn’t thrilled with it either, but you have no idea what sources he has.

Lindstrom pre injury would be right there for me too. Lindstrom would be a KD guy too.
I don’t think he has sources on who they like for a draft in two months. Has nothing to do with my own opinion.

Our head scout called Fantilli generational. People started randomly thinking it meant we might take him 1. I don’t buy they have inside info on who they’ll pick

Reactions: ChiHawks10

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I would rather trade down then take any of the LD top 5. are you going to pencil him in as a 3rd pair and trade del mastro, kasier and phiillps? and have nolan as a #7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad