HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I once threw my feces in @Jee's bathtub.

No NHL team drafted me.
1714606267863.gif

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I think Lindstrom has room to improve his skating and unlock another level and therefore tremendous upside.

His related concern(injury) are even more unfounded/dubious than the Michkov related concern.

I doubt he is available at 5 tho.

Lindstrom
Demidov//Iginla

One of those three makes it to 5. Cant really go wrong. My personal opinion. They are my three favourite fit. I may be totally wrong.

Tho i would trade 5th overall + Winnipeg pick to secure Lindstrom at 2nd OV. Would not do this for Demidov or Tij.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Wow!!!!

I just listened Marco D'amico's interview on the French Radio 91.9.

He said that he did about 15 interviews so far with prospects of the June draft and Berkly Catton is the one who impressed him the most:

He said that usually the interviews are 15 minutes long but with Catton's passion of the game the interview was an hour.

He said that he is exactly the type of Martin St Louis cause he is a student of the game.

He gave an example:

Catton told him that last summer he spent hundreds of hours working on his shot but for him it was not enough so he décided to go to a goaltenders camp to speak with them. Catton asked them what were the areas where they were the most uncomfortable in the net. So with the answers that the goaltenders gave him he worked on his shot specically on that.

D'Amico said Catton had the best personnalty he interviewed so far because of his passion , his knowledge of the game etc.

Catton told him thst during the season he watched 15 habs games to study Nick Suzuki's game on 200 foot and Cole Caufield for his release.

I had Catton 3rd overall because of his IQ ( the most important quality for a hockey player). ...this convince me even more..
IMG_8104.gif

The Berkwagon has arrived - all aboard, losers!

Last edited:

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Sennecke is the new flavor lf the week i see.

Complete non sense in the top 8
I dunno. Size, skill, skating. Check, check, check.

He’s always been a highly-rated kid coming up.

His draft year, he’s leading Oshawa through the playoffs. It’s a bit surpising, but not some gigantic surprise; he’s just found his groove.

Having a better draft year than Wyatt Johnston, who is a great player. Sennecke is smart, just like Johnston.

Popped a pair tonight. He will crack the Top 10.
Nah now the narrative is that Iginla can't play because he only has *checks notes* 4 goals in 4 games in the u18s. "He needs to step up".

They're both in the same category but I'd ultimately go with Sennecke for the speed and size aspect. Greentree is one of my favorite players though. He brings everything you need, size, leadership, physicality and he's an absolute monster around the net. If he doesn't pan out he's gonna he an Armia like player, which still has its uses. It he pans out he's going to end up like a Perry type.
what would you think if the Habs dealt their way up to a Sennecke/Greentree double takeout?

I’d be ecstatic.

My preferred would be Dickinson/Sennecke.

This just feels like the year to get 2 of the top 12-15. Then get in those dam* playoffs.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I dunno. Size, skill, skating. Check, check, check.

He’s always been a highly-rated kid coming up.

His draft year, he’s leading Oshawa through the playoffs. It’s a bit surpising, but not some gigantic surprise; he’s just found his groove.

Having a better draft year than Wyatt Johnston, who is a great player. Sennecke is smart, just like Johnston.

Popped a pair tonight. He will crack the Top 10.

what would you think if the Habs dealt their way up to a Sennecke/Greentree double takeout?

I’d be ecstatic.

My preferred would be Dickinson/Sennecke.

This just feels like the year to get 2 of the top 12-15. Then get in those dam* playoffs.
I'd much rather pick in the top 4 to ensure I get celebrini, demidov, Lindstrom, iginla but I can't say I wouldn't like it.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I'm a bit afraid to admit it but the 2024 eligible forward who has impressed me over all others at the U18s is Trevor Connelly. Based solely on this extremely small sample size, I'd put him above Greentree, Iginla, Luchanko, Vanacker, Helenius, Brandsegg-Nygard and others.

Fast, rugged, highly skilled. Maybe the kid is an idiot but he can really play hockey.
He is a very good hockey player, but pretty light and gets pushed off the puck too easily. Reminds me a bit of Zegras. He is likely a no draft anyway.

Team Canada and USA are absolutely stacked and its easier to shine in those circumstances. Team Finland is 2 players, the rest are mid/late round picks at best. Team Finland absolutely got steamrolled last tuesday, they just couldnt handle USA forecheck and they got outplayed in all facets oif the game, especially the puck battles.. No excuse for Helenius though, he needs to elevate his game.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I mean the snapchat thing is an edgy 15 or 16 year old dummy who had access to social media, I wouldn't write him off as a pick because of that. Pooping in teammates' bags though?
What is this pee/poop stuff from? Couldn't find anything on it. The issue with him is that it's not a one time mistake like Mailloux, seems to be a recurring theme.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
He is a very good hockey player, but pretty light and gets pushed off the puck too easily. Reminds me a bit of Zegras. He is likely a no draft anyway.

Team Canada and USA are absolutely stacked and its easier to shine in those circumstances. Team Finland is 2 players, the rest are mid/late round picks at best. Team Finland absolutely got steamrolled last tuesday, they just couldnt handle USA forecheck and they got outplayed in all facets oif the game, especially the puck battles.. No excuse for Helenius though, he needs to elevate his game.

Regarding Tem Finland, I think Hemming looks better than Helenius in this tournament. Helenius seems exhausted compared to the relentless player he was during the regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad