2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
1,2,3,4 overall Celebrini Demidov Levshunov Lindstrom
20th overall and Vancouver 2nd for Detroit 15th for Brandsegg Nygard/Helenius/Sennecke

Last edited:

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
KD mentioned he wants size on the back end. Im not a fan of smaller PP D. look and Sanderson from OTT does he effect the game more vlasic? yes he puts up more pts. would you rather have vlasic for 6 X 4.6 or Sanderson at 8 X $8.05? me its Vlasic all day. its about how much you effect the game and at what cost. you spend $35 mil on your D and there is nothing left for your goalie or forwards. in playoffs depth seems to win out over stars. IE a few guys that take up a ton of space and then you have a 8 people on your roster at league min. the next D in the hughs maker, fox mold is going to get $11 mil

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
2 games that could effect the hawks draft. Vancouver vs Nashville and Dallas at Vegas. tonight

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
KD mentioned he wants size on the back end. Im not a fan of smaller PP D. look and Sanderson from OTT does he effect the game more vlasic? yes he puts up more pts. would you rather have vlasic for 6 X 4.6 or Sanderson at 8 X $8.05? me its Vlasic all day. its about how much you effect the game and at what cost. you spend $35 mil on your D and there is nothing left for your goalie or forwards. in playoffs depth seems to win out over stars. IE a few guys that take up a ton of space and then you have a 8 people on your roster at league min. the next D in the hughs maker, fox mold is going to get $11 mil
Stars still are needed to win

Reactions: BHFAN92

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Sanderson no doubt for me

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I agree but its about salary cap and were you spend the money

factoring in how much of the salary cap they use up. Sanderson is bring paid like a #1 vlasic is being paid like a #3
and I think thats about how they will play for the majority of their contracts.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
1,2,3,4 overall Celebrini Demidov Levshunov Lindstrom
20th overall and Vancouver 2nd for Detroit 15th for Brandsegg Nygard/Helenius/Sennecke
I agree with 1,2,3,4 . Sennecke is looking more and more like top 10 at the very least

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

This kid is projected to be a late first, early 2nd. His development jump has been tremendous. Will likely be the talk of the town when prospects compete in the combine. Could be a guy Davidson and company really take a hard look at later.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
With the Golden Goldens now taking it to a game 7 with Dallas...a victory in the series finale keeps the slim hopes of thatcTB#20 turningbinto#19 if Vegas then goes on to win their next series in such a scenario...So let us all hope for Vegas to beat Dallas in Game 7 and advance to keep these hopes alive.

It may not seem like much ...just1spot difference ...but if tgerevisxacorosoect JD likes better to draft then it would suck if he just goes off the board thatc1 spot ahead of our TB pick...so always better to draf at that 1 slot earlier....Go Vegas!

Reactions: Drumman44

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019

This kid is projected to be a late first, early 2nd. His development jump has been tremendous. Will likely be the talk of the town when prospects compete in the combine. Could be a guy Davidson and company really take a hard look at later.

Sounds like a KD favorite, assuming his skating is good enough. Could be a target at 34. He’s definitely a type of forward we need more of in the prospect pool.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site

That article really sells him! One thing I thoroughly believe is that hard work is just as much of a skill as any other.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017

I doubt he's there at 34. Power forward and a coaches dream. Character guy that projects as a 3rd line center or so. His skating is very so-so. He is hard to move off the puck, good penalty killer, and great around the front of the net. His offensive upside is limited. Think Colby Barlow with more playmaking and less goal scoring. Not really sure he's flashed a ton of offensive upside

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Sorry, but all those naysayers about Lindstrom due to injuries have put Demidov in the same camp.....and then, of course, there's the Russian Factor....the injury just made him drop 5 slots, IMO.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I view EJ Emery as a candidate at 20. I’ve been pleased with his U18. Right handed defenseman. Granted there’s a lot of “Emery shoots wide and misses the net” but that’s ok, you’re not getting a superstar at the spot. 34th pick would be perfect but you don’t get greedy if the scouts like the player by hoping they last another 14 picks.

Reactions: HawksDub89 and TLEH

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Assuming we stay at 2 how would people feel if Davidson rolled dice and went high risk/high reward

#2 = RW Ivan Demidov
#20 = LW Igor Chernyshov
Trade #34 + #54 to get back into late part of 1st round = RW Nikita Artamonov
#62 = RD Luca Marrielli

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad