2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
So was Kantserov when he was drafted... until he signed for 2 more years. That's the risk. But man Demidov is the goods. I would still take that chance.
Rumor around Russian hockey twitter and hockey twitter in general is that he is playing out his contract next year and is leaving. With him playing in the MHL the entire year.. sort of makes sense and makes me believe that he wouldn't renew his contract.

Christ is his competition abysmal.
Yeah the MHL isn't great lol

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Rumor around Russian hockey twitter and hockey twitter in general is that he is playing out his contract next year and is leaving. With him playing in the MHL the entire year.. sort of makes sense and makes me believe that he wouldn't renew his contract.

Yeah the MHL isn't great lol

The defenseman fell down just trying to pivot and crossover. I knew the MHL was trash, but holy shit. That's house league level talent there.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I am still not convinced Levshunov is tge best right shot RD option..I think Parekh has a higher ceiling to impact .

Levshunov ceiling to me is 2RD. PAREKH Is at least a 2RD but could be a 1RD . CAN take iover axganexwith multi-points best shot of all the D in the draft...and a vast improvement defensively over last season..

To me he has more potential than Levshunov who true,you know has a good floor...but Parekh could impact like Makar or Quinn Hughes directing the attack and pilingvup the points.. IF wexare not takibg Celebrini or Denidov or Lindstrom and go Dnan then my 1st target is Parekh ..best advanced stats of any dman in this draft.Levshunov steady and cups in sonething almost every game..but cannot single handedly take-over a game with 3-4poin t nights..Also does not beat goakies
at rate Parekh can..

Levshunov has a hard blast from long distance but Parekh can skate puck to open areas to get a lot of goals from the intermediate shooting spots.

I would bet Parekh impacts more as a big star.

Not to say Levshunov does not belong in top 6-7 ..but in my books bet on Parekh for higher ceiling and justifiable top 3 or 4 overall.

He has as much star power as Demidov does a a 90 point eking forward ...Parekh=80+ dman pitential..Levshunov = 60 is ceiling a...Parekh 30goal ceiling as a dman. LEVSHUNOV 15-20 GOAL CEILING ...you bet on that higher impact potential.

That offense is going to eventually result in a better net +/- differential in favourvof Parekh.

As to the Po...do you want a qb directing action lijecMajar or Hughes...or do you want a hard blast from. The point...goalies fumble shot..rebound cash ins from Levshunov 's team-mates ..As tovshots beating goalies morevoften,again Parekh better.

So except ofvyouvwantca more traditional less dynamic dman who brings bigger size for physical as opposed to stick checking then you go for Levshunov.

Not exactly A Keith to Seabrook impact comparison...Parekh is not yet Keithdrfensively ..but he is so much more gifted offensively..But he is not just an offrnseman..Butctge compare defensively is tgat hechss to use his stock rather than expecting physical strength and body shocobg. SO IN THAT aspect Levshunov is Like a Seabrook type except a better skater.

Anyway sone scoutszseem to rank Lebshunov as tge top dman buta few think Parekh should be therexdie to a higher ceiling and excellence I vote advanced stats..

Yes there are games Parekh goes only 1 a ..but there are others he suoerstars in you see muti-poibts and his team becomes a juggernaut dominating the game..

I just think Levshunov is not that exciting....yousay nice game...did his job..contributes ...BUT..

You are left wanting more.

So again...I vote Oarekh over Levshunov IF we do not pick a forward.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The defenseman fell down just trying to pivot and crossover. I knew the MHL was trash, but holy shit. That's house league level talent there.
I cringe every year when I scout MHL prospects

Thankfully not as dull as watching Finnish hockey

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
Kantserov Bedard Demidov
Nazar Moore Lardis / Reichel
Hayes Greene Slaggert / Dach
Misiak Ludwinski Savoie
That is pretty damn good depth after the last few years. Doneghy and KD are crushing the drafts. Wait until they add 7 more picks in the top 100 this year. Add some size this year and they will be in good shape

Reactions: dj Mahoney

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
That is pretty damn good depth after the last few years. Doneghy and KD are crushing the drafts. Wait until they add 7 more picks in the top 100 this year. Add some size this year and they will be in good shape
It looks like 2025 has more size throughout if you look at Wheeler’s early projections of his top 28.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Stars (h)
Wild (h)
Blues (a)
Preds (h)
Canes (h)
Knights (a)
Kings (a)

Rest of Hawks schedule. Lots of teams fighting for playoffs or position.

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
It looks like 2025 has more size throughout if you look at Wheeler’s early projections of his top 28.
Let's see if we do a mock draft targeting bigger players what it could look like using Wheeler's top 64:

1-Lindstrom 6'3" / Levshunov 6'2"
1-Chernyshov 6'2" / Boisvert 6'2"
2-Elick 6'3"
2-Letourneau 6'6"
2-Skahan 6'4"
3-Kleber 6'5"
3-Moysevich 6'5"

Additional players to rotate in: Hemming, Senneke, Solberg, Jecho, Emery, Surin, Beaudoin, Gridin

I think that would fix our size issues and would be a solid draft

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
That is the hype.

A player that big who can skate that well and cover that amount of ice surface with his massive wingspan... it's a rarity.

Only players in the league with that profile are Tyler Myers and Jamie Oleksiak.

If that’s the comp that just reinforces my thoughts on not taking him that high.

Too much talk about D prospects not named Sam Dickinson. Every year, London Knight players are ranked too low, and then the next year or 2 prove they should have been drafted higher. Can skate, can score, can defend. Not sure who I would rank him ahead of, but feel like he's the best overall draft eligible defenseman in the OHL. If we don't get Celebrini, or Demidov, i'd be more than happy with Sam.

I’d take him over Silayev.

Reactions: belfour30

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Personally, I'm super weary on taking a shot at Demidov 2nd overall.

I mean, could he be akin to Malkin? Sure, he could. Truthfully that's what I would want him to turn in to if the Hawks ended up picking 2nd and decided on him.

He could also be akin to Radulov who had all the talent in the world and was a fairly good NHLer but he f***ed off back to the KHL twice.

He could also be akin to Yakupov.. very talented, very flashy heading in to the draft and ended up being a bust.

At the end of the day, none of us will know until the day comes.

Unless they end up snagging 1st overall again hehehe. Where's @Rooh at when you need him? @Rooh bless.

• Love
Reactions: Muffinalt and Rooh

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Demidov--looks to be "the Goods"--- Kucherov 2.0?? Looks like it to me.

I take Catton or Demidov--

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
we area also down 3 RW to Anaheim so we currently have the tie breaker. if we went 2-4-1 and one we would still stay in second.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Now with 7GR ,I did my 6thTankathon NHL Draft Simulatoe attempt since I started this experiment with 12GR...today's resukt was Hawks with 3rd pick...so that is: 1 x #1, 2 x #4 and 3x#3 at the hakf-way pint in the 12 attemots experiment.

I will continue this test of the Tankathon sim algorithm with 6 more attempts (one before each last six games remaining after the next one).

So so far it looks like if we finish 2nd last tge chances are greatest we drop 1xspit.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Now with 7GR ,I did my 6thTankathon NHL Draft Simulatoe attempt since I started this experiment with 12GR...today's resukt was Hawks with 3rd pick...so that is: 1 x #1, 2 x #4 and 3x#3 at the hakf-way pint in the 12 attemots experiment.

I will continue this test of the Tankathon sim algorithm with 6 more attempts (one before each last six games remaining after the next one).

So so far it looks like if we finish 2nd last tge chances are greatest we drop 1xspit.
Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad