2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalistInfidel

Jan 7, 2013
I’ve got a question for everyone. Let’s say we pass the Ducks and end up with the 5th pick. With the big 4 off the board, Celebrini, Lindstrom, Levshunov, and Demidov. Who would you pick? Would you trade down, if so how far are you willing to drop? What kind of haul are you expecting? Would you be willing to take the best goal scorer in the draft even though he skates like he’s in mud and doesn’t play an ounce of defense as high as 5-7? What would you be willing to give up to get the 3rd or 4th pick? Or is another undersized player like Catton worth the 5th pick? I honestly have no idea what I’d do with the 5th pick.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I’ve got a question for everyone. Let’s say we pass the Ducks and end up with the 5th pick. With the big 4 off the board, Celebrini, Lindstrom, Levshunov, and Demidov. Who would you pick? Would you trade down, if so how far are you willing to drop? What kind of haul are you expecting? Would you be willing to take the best goal scorer in the draft even though he skates like he’s in mud and doesn’t play an ounce of defense as high as 5-7? What would you be willing to give up to get the 3rd or 4th pick? Or is another undersized player like Catton worth the 5th pick? I honestly have no idea what I’d do with the 5th pick.
If those are the first 4 taken, the obvious pick is Silayev, who shouldn't even be available at 5.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
I'd be fine with Dickinson, Buium, or Catton.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
How much offense are you looking for?

If he winds up a 20 point version of Zdeno Chara, would you be upset?
To be honest I always felt Chara was extremely overrated. Once the Hawks started chasing that matchup of T+K vs Chara, the series flipped.

I like Silayev, but I was a little higher on him earlier in the year. The puck skills are worse than I thought.

Reactions: Muffinalt

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
How much offense are you looking for?

If he winds up a 20 point version of Zdeno Chara, would you be upset?
Yes. Like if he was Vlasic I'd be upset.
Vlasic is a great 2nd round pick. Need more offense out of a top 5 pick.

Like Brent Seabrook is the bare minimum. That good a defender with that much offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: HawksDub89

ello

Jun 12, 2018
First time watching Levshunov live and honestly expected a lot more. Strong outlet passes and decent reads in the offensive zone, but his compete dial defensively needed to be ratcheted up like 5 notches.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Before Parekh and Buium? Those two bring so much offense but fill a big hole on D prospects for Chicago. Two birds kinda thing and I like Catton. My money is on him going to Montreal. They're stacked on D and I can see them taking Catton or Eiserman.
I'd be pissed if they took Catton, Parekh, or Buium at 5

Mods would have to lock up my account

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Parkeh in the Top 5 is something a good team would do if they had a down year. Like Colorado with Makar. Not Chicago. He could end up being incredible. I'd put my money on saying he won't be.

Im willing to bet on a d-man that scored 100 points in an OHL season.

Most of the concerns people have over Parehk are the same concerns people had over Quinn Hughes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad