2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
I wouldn't exactly hate taking Dickinson, but that would feel like an extremely unsexy pick with what is already in the pipeline

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So now 11 games remain...I ran Tankathon simulator again..

This time Ottawa moved up and won Celebrini at #1..Hawks picked 3rd (they show Levshunovat 3 ..but I am notcsure he usctge best dmanfor ceikibgbimpact..maybe best floor...Hevidcgoid but not goibg to be the best offebsive impact dmen norand because of that I think IF I was taking a dman it would be either Parekh or Buuim ...though I still woukdctakeca Big piwer Center(Lindstrom who they rank 4th( i still on the board for the Hawks pick after Celebrini goes off the board.

Denidov may have higher ceiling ..but uncertainty of how his puck-handkibg skill translates to playing better checking pro teams ratger than just MHL juniors.

So reasut for first 2 Tankathon sims of 12 0tries for Hawks :
1st Sim : 4th
2nd Sim 3rd

I will do 3rd Sim before the next game .

Reactions: BuddyTheGoon

giza

Jul 19, 2011
As much as this is a D loaded draft, I'm starting to subscribe to the Lidstrom pick at #2. Guys with that size and skill set are rare----yes, a little concerned about the duration of the injury, but what a 1-2-3 punch up the middle with Bedard/Lidstrom/Moore.....criminy, I say!

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If this is the case you package the TB 1st and the TOR 1st in 2025 to move up to 11 and take Lindstrom while retaining CHI's first in 2025.
It won't play out that way.

Even with the injury, Lindstrom won't fall that far. The combination of size and skill is too intriguing. I don't think there's a single team in the league that would take Catton over Lindstrom, just as an example.

Reactions: HawksDub89

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY

Even with the injury, Lindstrom won't fall that far. The combination of size and skill is too intriguing. I don't think there's a single team in the league that would take Catton over Lindstrom, just as an example.
Musto, I agree with you. I am just saying that it might be worth exploring trading TB and TOR first's to move up if he drops. Bedard, Celebrini and Lindstrom would be a dream for center depth

Reactions: Kevin Musto

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Musto, I agree with you. I am just saying that it might be worth exploring trading TB and TOR first's to move up if he drops. Bedard, Celebrini and Lindstrom would be a dream for center depth
I don't think there's the appetite from NHL GM's to trade down with their 1st rounders. This isn't the NFL. The hit rate for non top-10 picks is pretty low.

Hypothetically if the Hawks were picking 8th or something this year, would you really want KD to trade the 8th OVR for pick 20 and 2-3 second rounders? I'd be pissed. Quality over quantity every time. By and large the team giving up the best asset, be in draft pick or player, in a trade loses that trade.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

You ranking Cristall over Carlsson but not liking Catton is very odd to me.

I'd be surprised if Lindstrom makes it past five. And I'd take Catton over him but I don't think that's how it plays out.
I knew we’d get along great.

For the record, I don’t expect Catton to go 2 or even 3, I fully expect Lindstrom to go ahead of him, I just don’t think he should.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I wouldn't exactly hate taking Dickinson, but that would feel like an extremely unsexy pick with what is already in the pipeline

I think he’s a sure fire 3/4 D. Not sure if has 1D upside though. That’s definitely unsexy when you’re picking 2nd or 3rd. So I get what you’re saying.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
This is a really odd draft after Celebrini. There's a ton of guys I'd understand at two that I don't feel great about. The guys I like won't go there. Hard passes on Parehk or Eiserman. Lindstrom, Levshunov and Yakemchuk are very toolsy but are flawed. I haven't seen enough of Silayev, Demidov or Helenius. Catton, Buium, Dickinson are all really good prospects but they feel like reaches at two.

If it was my career on the line I'd take Catton. I think it'll probably be Levshunov or Demidov. I don't love Levshunov but I understand him going two. Inconsistent but every tool in the box. He could be the Russian Pronger.

But I'm not a pro scout. Whoever they take I'm sure I'll love for awhile because he's a Blackhawk.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Catton, Dickinson and Iginla are the three guys I expect to be rock solid NHLers after Celebrini. But I've always been a high floor guy. You take risks in the third and fourth. You take projects in the fifth through seventh.

It's why I've always been high on guys like Slaggert. I've loved him even when he had a bad junior year.

I'll never be high on guys like Schmaltz or Strome. Tons of talent but I'll never advocate for guys like that. Just not my type of winning hockey player.

But again I'm not a pro scout.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
so lets say we end up at 3 or 4 and Arytom and celbrini are gone. I hate the idea of trading down but I might be open to it. what if you could more 5-6 and pick up a high 2nd next year or move 7-8 and pick up another first. After those 2 I just don't have a strong opinion. Lindstrom is a really tough guy to take top 4 with his injury. Demidov and slanev dickinson are just not what we need. Demiodov due to his size and the other are LD. if we move back to 8-9 we would more then likely have the pick of Cayden, Catton, helenius or Carter Y, eiserman. and if we could add a first. it might make sense.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
This is a really odd draft after Celebrini. There's a ton of guys I'd understand at two that I don't feel great about. The guys I like won't go there. Hard passes on Parehk or Eiserman. Lindstrom, Levshunov and Yakemchuk are very toolsy but are flawed. I haven't seen enough of Silayev, Demidov or Helenius. Catton, Buium, Dickinson are all really good prospects but they feel like reaches at two.

If it was my career on the line I'd take Catton. I think it'll probably be Levshunov or Demidov. I don't love Levshunov but I understand him going two. Inconsistent but every tool in the box. He could be the Russian Pronger.

But I'm not a pro scout. Whoever they take I'm sure I'll love for awhile because he's a Blackhawk.
This is why I prefer a high floor pick like Catton or Buium if we don’t get Celebrini. If there was a Fantilli/Leo to take at three, that would be wonderful, but there isn’t.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Levshunov feels like Bogosian to me. I totally agree with you DHF. Been saying it. This draft is super weird. Lot of guys with massive difference between their floor and ceiling.

Levshunov and Demidov likely go 2, 3.. I prefer Catton and Buium, but would I really take Buium or Catton at 2 or 3? Feels like a reach.

I agree also with.. money on the line I'm taking Catton. Been pretty open for my love on Catton. Either way yeah, I will support whoever they pick.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Chicago still has so many holes, we just can’t afford a top-five pick to not be a productive player for the next decade. That means that some of the highly ranked players we don’t take will be stars, and others will be busts. That’s life.
I 100% agree with that. I said this back in December. We cannot afford to whiff on a pick this high right now.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
If we don't get Celebrini it's hard for me to not entertain the thought of having Bedard and Demidov on their own lines with the Nazar's and Moore's filling in around them. We'd have an absurdly fun top 6 in a couple of years.
the very little I've seen of Moore he doesn't strike me as a top 6 player. Seems like a 3rd line grinder.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
The Kings expose us with their size up the middle.......other playoff teams will.....every D man ranked in Top 10 has promise, but also holes......I go with Lidstrom!!!!!!!

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Levshunov feels like Bogosian to me. I totally agree with you DHF. Been saying it. This draft is super weird. Lot of guys with massive difference between their floor and ceiling.

Levshunov and Demidov likely go 2, 3.. I prefer Catton and Buium, but would I really take Buium or Catton at 2 or 3? Feels like a reach.

I agree also with.. money on the line I'm taking Catton. Been pretty open for my love on Catton. Either way yeah, I will support whoever they pick.

I think Levshunov goes top 3 but I don't think there's a chance Demidov does. The only way you pick him that high is if you're immediately bringing him over.

Reactions: Pez68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad