NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
So now Pinto is a solid pick, last time you said he was a safe stupid pick.
It is a safe stupid pick, because Pinto is a third line player. You can not insert him in top six and hope for the miracle. We drafted before White as a stupid safe pick. We all know how it turned out. It is a pattern for a long time of bad scouting mistakes. We drafted Roby Jarventie instead of Peterka, which I projected him as a top 6 player. And Peterka would fit nicely with Stutzle with his 28 goals this season. And next season he is going to explode to 40 goals. I saw Jarventie highlights before the draft and he was a lazy kid, with heavy boots and low hockey IQ. Who needed a lot of development in minors. Mistakes like this, should never have happened. When scouts do their work scouting Stutzle playing with Peterka. What the f*ck really!

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
It is a safe stupid pick, because Pinto is a third line player. You can not insert him in top six and hope for the miracle. We drafted before White as a stupid safe pick. We all know how it turned out. It is a pattern for a long time of bad scouting mistakes. We drafted Roby Jarventie instead of Peterka, which I projected him as a top 6 player. And Peterka would fit nicely with Stutzle with his 28 goals this season. And next season he is going to explode to 40 goals. I saw Jarventie highlights before the draft and he was a lazy kid, with heavy boots and low hockey IQ. Who needed a lot of development in minors. Mistakes like this, should never have happened. When scouts do their work scouting Stutzle playing with Peterka. What the f*ck really!

you are out to lunch man.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
lol
Pinto is 15th in his draft class in points, despite playing less games than anyone ahead of him.
8th in p/gp.
He won the conference offensive and defensive player of the year, how many times has that been done.

Why don’t you share with the group, who you would of taken ahead of him at pick 32.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Worth mentioning here that Carter Yakemchuk is a similar story. He was drafted into the WHL as a 5'9" offensive defenceman and is now listed as 6'3". It's hard to tell when exactly he hit his growth spurt, but watching him this year, he definitely has some of that same awkwardness in his skating and you wonder how much of it is the adjustment to his size.

WHL draft happens when the kids are 14, so it’s a bit different than the OHL or Q with regards to size when drafted.

Last year 13/20 of the kids taken in the 1st were 5’10 or smaller, with seven 5’8 or smaller (two were 5’5)

You almost always see these guys grow a few inches before being able to join the WHL a year and a half later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad