2024 NHL Draft: Play Like a Sieve So We Can Draft Zeev

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Y’all are too hung up on Chicago winning lottos. Last i checked we have a 25% regardless. If we don’t get it i don’t care who does.
We should not want Chicago or Anaheim to end up with Celebrini. These are our future rivals in the conference and they're stacked with enough high end young players as it is. Let Montreal or Columbus have him.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
We should not want Chicago or Anaheim to end up with Celebrini. These are our future rivals in the conference and they're stacked with enough high end young players as it is. Let Montreal or Columbus have him.
I don’t want that to happen but that wasn’t the point of their wish.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
I don’t want that to happen but that wasn’t the point of their wish.
I don't think it's a secret I feel spiteful towards Chicago. From toews > Thornton on that NHL list, to the hossa cap circumventing helping their dynasty, multiple first overalls and cups in my lifetime, favorable treatment of the NHL, I specifically dislike them

This is obviously irrational, but so is, ya know, putting a piece of rubber on ice and having 12 people chase it around

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I don't think it's a secret I feel spiteful towards Chicago. From toews > Thornton on that NHL list, to the hossa cap circumventing helping their dynasty, multiple first overalls and cups in my lifetime, favorable treatment of the NHL, I specifically dislike them

This is obviously irrational, but so is, ya know, putting a piece of rubber on ice and having 12 people chase it around
I don’t think it’s irrational at all. It’s still good to feel hate through all this numbness .

dmcccdmn

Dec 10, 2005
UC Davis
I am, too, concerned with Anaheim and Chicago. Their prospects pool is justridiculous. But what can you do when they put themselves in the position to add even more high-end talents again.

That said, I do like that we're right in the mix two years in a row now with these 2 teams. These 3 teams are rebuilding right.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I am, too, concerned with Anaheim and Chicago. Their prospects pool is justridiculous. But what can you do when they put themselves in the position to add even more high-end talents again.

That said, I do like that we're right in the mix two years in a row now with these 2 teams. These 3 teams are rebuilding right.

Yeah, at some point, it’s beyond our control. I think the Sharks did everything they could to maximize their chances this season and they had to be historically bad to compete with Chicago. I hope it earns us Celebrini but either way, we’ll get a great player.

I still don’t understand how Anaheim is this bad though.

Anyway, I’m hopeful for next year, where we may have 3 unprotected 1st round picks in a pretty deep draft. I think that’ll hopefully be the last year of truly terrible Sharks and the beginning of the New Era.

dmcccdmn

Dec 10, 2005
UC Davis
Demidov honestly looks like he has gotten significantly bigger this year and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he were slightly bigger than Smith.

That and him playing center in the playoffs is hopefully enough for Grier to take a chance on him.

He is big and fast. If we don't get 1st overall pick, I hope Grier can find a gem at 2nd or 3rd.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
It would be pretty awesome if Chicago could pass Anaheim and then move up to second with a lottery "win"
This is a big deal for the sharks as it would prevent CHI from moving up in the lottery for the next 3 years which benefits the Sharks as a team likely to be picking top 5 for the next few years.

It’s not like who they pick at #2 is going to help them and they have a terrible team that I don’t think will improve much next season.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I want Celebrini. I’m not at all worried he won’t sign with us. I think that is such a ridiculous thought. I’d be very satisfied with Levshunov, Demidov, Lindstrom or Silayev. Can you imagine having Celebrini, Smith and either Bystedt or Edstrom down the middle on our 3rd line? Wild. I’m guessing one of those guys will transition to wing so they can add to our top 6 similar to Eklunds versatility,

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I want Celebrini. I’m not at all worried he won’t sign with us. I think that is such a ridiculous thought. I’d be very satisfied with Levshunov, Demidov, Lindstrom or Silayev. Can you imagine having Celebrini, Smith and either Bystedt or Edstrom down the middle on our 3rd line? Wild. I’m guessing one of those guys will transition to wing so they can add to our top 6 similar to Eklunds versatility,
Yup if we get Celebrini we're set at centre for years. Obviously finding defense will need to be a priority, but it's so much easier to add wingers around solid C then vice versa.

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Demidov honestly looks like he has gotten significantly bigger this year and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he were slightly bigger than Smith.

That and him playing center in the playoffs is hopefully enough for Grier to take a chance on him.

Oh I didn’t he started playing center. I’m intrigued by him but I still think there’s like a 90% chance we pick a defenseman if not Celebrini.

Reactions: Sandisfan

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Yup if we get Celebrini we're set at centre for years. Obviously finding defense will need to be a priority, but it's so much easier to add wingers around solid C then vice versa.
Yeah, and I feel like next year will be the year we REALLY focus on building the defense. If we can somehow get out of the 1st rd this year with a dynamic forward and a quality defensive prospect with Pitts pick, that will be a huge W. I’m kinda torn because a big part of me wants that unprotected 1st next year.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
it sucks that they need to be this bad for at least one more year and they really have nothing left to accumulate anymore picks

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
it sucks that they need to be this bad for at least one more year and they really have nothing left to accumulate anymore picks

Well, they already have potentially 3 unprotected firsts next year. 2 at worst. I also suspect they’ll be signing multiple guys this summer — ideally, they grab someone who might end up being worth a 1st if they’re terrible again by next deadline (they will be). I think we’re fairly well positioned right now, though I’d love for more picks, obviously.

I can also still see getting a 1st for Ferraro.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

Pete Taylor

Dec 11, 2017
Not concerned about Chicago's prospect pool. They legitmately don't have much at all after Bedard. Anaheim is a different beast, they should start being good/great 2 years out from now.

Chicago adding Celebrini does change that.

Pete Taylor

Dec 11, 2017
To add, it is cool to see Granlund outscoring Karlsson, in 13 less games as well. Really was a winning trade for us, for a variety of reasons. Did Karl a 'solid' too, at least he thought at the time.

Reactions: STL Shark

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad