2024 NHL Draft: Play with no weenie, for Celebrini

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Sennekke is on a bender, he will probably go in the lottery with his playoff performance
I have been on the Sennecke train for a while, you know the Wild have seen a lot of him too from playing with Kumpulainen. If he’s available at our pick, I would be thrilled to have him.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I have been on the Sennecke train for a while, you know the Wild have seen a lot of him too from playing with Kumpulainen. If he’s available at our pick, I would be thrilled to have him.
Im not super familiar with his game, but I like the that he is a playoff gamer. Best case for me still is that enough guys sneak into the lottery for one of Buium, Dickinson or Silayev to slip to us.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like Sennecke, too, but he will take time to mature, i think. He's the sort of guy who could grow 2" and put on 25-30 lbs., which could totally change the way he plays, or at least how effective he is.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
So the Sharks have a 18.5 percent chance to snag the Mackerel. Wild have 2%, but can only move up to #3, is that correct?

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i keep thinking IF no good D available at #13 i can see guerin doubling down on another power forward like greentree. some compare him to boldy i could see him between boldy & coyle. im still interested in chernyshov 6'2" and can skate. i'd also consider moving down say 6 or 7 spots if and only if we could pick up a 2nd then choose charlie elick and 2 more D with our 2nds really stock up the cupboards.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
So the Sharks have a 18.5 percent chance to snag the Mackerel. Wild have 2%, but can only move up to #3, is that correct?
If you want to really get into it, the Sharks have 18.5% chance to win it, but then an additional 7% to lose but it won't matter (adding up all the odds of the teams who can win it but won't go to #1, like the Wild).

So basically a 25.5% chance the Sharks are okay.

If it were up to me, if the Wild go to #3, then ideally it's Levshunov > Demidov > Buium > Dickinson

If we stay at 13 the realistic goal in my mind is Yakemchuk. Boom or bust, baby.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If you want to really get into it, the Sharks have 18.5% chance to win it, but then an additional 7% to lose but it won't matter (adding up all the odds of the teams who can win it but won't go to #1, like the Wild).

So basically a 25.5% chance the Sharks are okay.

If it were up to me, if the Wild go to #3, then ideally it's Levshunov > Demidov > Buium > Dickinson

If we stay at 13 the realistic goal in my mind is Yakemchuk. Boom or bust, baby.
I think Yakemchuk goes top 10. Big, Physical, RHD with puck skills...there is a lot to like.

I think we have a greater chance to move down than to move up, so I think i'll wait till tonight before I worry about whether we should take Demidov, Levshunov, or whatever.

HobeyBroten

Jul 12, 2012
Not trying to open a can of worms here and I assume it's been brought up every year, but is the lottery really fair? We technically dropped one position, which in the grand schemes of things is not a big deal going from 12 to 13. But wouldn't you be upset as a Blackhawks fan if a team that finished with what would be the 6th spot, bumped you off?

Maybe my tin foil hat happening here, but can we not think its a coincidence that Utah "randomly" moved up 4 spots?

1715113576066.png

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Not trying to open a can of worms here and I assume it's been brought up every year, but is the lottery really fair? We technically dropped one position, which in the grand schemes of things is not a big deal going from 12 to 13. But wouldn't you be upset as a Blackhawks fan if a team that finished with what would be the 6th spot, bumped you off?

Maybe my tin foil hat happening here, but can we not think its a coincidence that Utah "randomly" moved up 4 spots?

View attachment 866605
Wait I don’t think this is official (the picture)

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN

View attachment 866605
That’s a troll. Lottery is tonight.

I still contest the reasoning that the worst teams in the league should get the very best draft picks. I also think it’s stupid that we can’t leapfrog everyone even if we do win the lottery.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
That’s a troll. Lottery is tonight.

I still contest the reasoning that the worst teams in the league should get the very best draft picks. I also think it’s stupid that we can’t leapfrog everyone even if we do win the lottery.
Put 16 balls in, draw them in descending order. All 16 teams got equal chance. Remaing 16 teams go as they finish.
Much better IMO, don't reward the idea of tanking. Just missing playoffs by 1 point should get you a chance at #1.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Put 16 balls in, draw them in descending order. All 16 teams got equal chance. Remaing 16 teams go as they finish.
Much better IMO, don't reward the idea of tanking. Just missing playoffs by 1 point should get you a chance at #1.
Works for me

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta

View attachment 866605
If this was leaked I’d laugh so hard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad