2024 NHL Draft: Play with no weenie, for Celebrini

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I would just offer a 2nd, not a 1st. I am not optimistic about next year's chances, and wouldn't want to lose a lottery pick to move up 5-6 spots... i have not watched enough Demidov to make an informed decision, though. part of the problem is that he doesn't play in the greatest league, we can't see him internationally, and he didn't play up with men like most top Russian players do.
I've seen it multiple times where players look like gods against lower competition, and disappear once they move up a tier or two.
I think a 2nd wouldn’t get it done. I’m not looking at it as 13 + 10-20 for 8, I’m looking at it as 13 + 10-20 for a top 5 talent with potential to be an elite point producer

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I for one wouldn't be upset with Sennecke at 13, but could probably be convinced about a lot of guys around our pick.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Preliminarily, really hoping Eiserman or Helenius falls.

If the top 12 goes chalk, then I think I'm cool with any of Iginla/Greentree/Hage/MBN. Really wish Connelly wasn't such a dick.
I think I can get on board with this.

Helenius has great Liga numbers but looked really average to bad at the WJC, what gives? His Liga numbers are above Rantanen, Kemell, Lundell, and below Barkov and Laine.

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
Preliminarily, really hoping Eiserman or Helenius falls.

If the top 12 goes chalk, then I think I'm cool with any of Iginla/Greentree/Hage/MBN. Really wish Connelly wasn't such a dick.
Yes lol. I finally read that athletic article about what the deal is with Connelly. I was totally prepared to cut some slack just bc teenagers, especially jocks, are always idiots. But man the story just keeps going on with more bullshit and seeing how his family gets into it and how theres no accountability and all this PR shit theyre doing to clear his name and threatening lawsuits against people talking publicly about his history. You can make allowances for someone being a bit of an asshole, thats life, but guy and the family he was raised with seem absolutely carcinogenic.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Well, the Wild managed to keep 13th overall, and there's no Blackhawks behind them to screw up their draft ranking again. The only other way it could go bad is if either of the Golden Knights or Penguins were standing right behind us.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Predictive, pre-lottery mock:

1. SJS: Celebrini
2. CHI: Levshunov
3. ANA: Buium
4.CBJ: Demidov
5. MTL: Catton
6. Utah: Silayev
7. OTT: Perekh
8. SEA: Dickinson
9. CGY: Lindstrom
10. NJD: Eiserman
11. BUF: Iginla
12. PHI: Helenius
13. MIN: Yakemchuk

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think I can get on board with this.

Helenius has great Liga numbers but looked really average to bad at the WJC, what gives? His Liga numbers are above Rantanen, Kemell, Lundell, and below Barkov and Laine.
I'd be very happy with Helenius. I don't put too much stock in a single tournament.

I for one wouldn't be upset with Sennecke at 13, but could probably be convinced about a lot of guys around our pick.
Like him, but he'd be a guy who i would want to move down to take. He's a project, but an intriguing one.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

I'm hoping that someone goes over the board before we pick, like OTT with Boucher, and DRW with Seider. I'd be happy with Yakemchuk/Parekh, but even more so if Eiserman/Helenius was available.

Iginla doesn't do much for me.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

I would love to get Yakemchuk at 13th. Then again, I think I'd be reasonably happy taking a chance on any of those 13 guys. Most have their flaws, but find me a draft class that doesn't have flawed players.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I would love to get Yakemchuk at 13th. Then again, I think I'd be reasonably happy taking a chance on any of those 13 guys. Most have their flaws, but find me a draft class that doesn't have flawed players.
Yeah, if those are the top 13, I think you could make a case that we have an organizational need for any of those players.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Yeah I feel a lot better picking 13th than 14th, though I like Greentree and Sennecke

Reactions: 57special

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I would also like to state that Yakemchuk is going to be much higher for me than 13th. His shot / skill combo at his size is a once every few draft combination at best. There’s flaws to his game no doubt but I have a hard time seeing him not being an impactful NHL defenseman with potential to be a lot, lot more if he develops well.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would also like to state that Yakemchuk is going to be much higher for me than 13th. His shot / skill combo at his size is a once every few draft combination at best. There’s flaws to his game no doubt but I have a hard time seeing him not being an impactful NHL defenseman with potential to be a lot, lot more if he develops well.
I think the worry with him is that his judgement/defensive game is flawed. Hard to pass up on a big, physical, RHD with puck skills, though. You'd think he could be turned into a more skilled Bogo at worst, which, if you take away all the injuries Bogo has had, isn't too bad. I'm having trouble coming up with a best case type player.

Parekh is the guy that is the ultimate boom/bust, and might fall to us.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I think the worry with him is that his judgement/defensive game is flawed. Hard to pass up on a big, physical, RHD with puck skills, though. You'd think he could be turned into a more skilled Bogo at worst, which, if you take away all the injuries Bogo has had, isn't too bad. I'm having trouble coming up with a best case type player.

Parekh is the guy that is the ultimate boom/bust, and might fall to us.
Yakemchuk gives me Burns vibes as a best case

Reactions: BagHead

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I know it shouldn't mean anything, but I'll be very interested to see if Iginla makes it past Calgary at #10.

Might be a decent trade up spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad