NFL: 2024 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They’re an improvement from what they were using. As always, everyone is best served going back to what they had in the distant past. But anyone who doesn’t like them will forget that they do after about 10 minutes.
Not a big fan of the Oregon Ducks style of so many different helmet and uniform options.
I got the throwback jerseys for Seattle, as those were cool, same with Philly's kelly green ones.

But, I had liked the NFL's consistent set of uniforms.

NBA, now, teams have how many different jerseys? Like 4 or 5 it seems?
NHL is also pretty bad with these constant new jerseys they introduce.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Higgins wants to be paid like a number 1 receiver, don't think he will get it in Cincinnati.
Not sure they'll be able to afford it. But if he plays on the tag, it'll be everyone's best chance to win and make loot.

Hendrickson is 29, so not surprising that they might not want to give him more than 1 or 2 more years. You have to turn over talent.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Not sure they'll be able to afford it. But if he plays on the tag, it'll be everyone's best chance to win and make loot.

Hendrickson is 29, so not surprising that they might not want to give him more than 1 or 2 more years. You have to turn over talent.

Chase is due for a raise, they want to keep Burrow/Chase for years to come.
As for Hendrickson, he wants to get a long term deal but doubt the Bengals will give it to him as he's approaching 30 with miles on him.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
You can still do business better

It feels like Bengals are actively trying to hurt their SB chances
I don’t necessarily disagree, but I believe they’re telling both of them “too bad” and hanging on to them this year for one more kick at the can. Bengals ownership has - traditionally - been pretty cheap. I’m sure they plan on paying Chase in addition to Burrow and filling out the roster with cheaper options everywhere else. Just the reality of having a couple stars.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don’t necessarily disagree, but I believe they’re telling both of them “too bad” and hanging on to them this year for one more kick at the can. Bengals ownership has - traditionally - been pretty cheap. I’m sure they plan on paying Chase in addition to Burrow and filling out the roster with cheaper options everywhere else. Just the reality of having a couple stars.

Rather deal with the chaos prehand than too late

Bengals could/could have had such a long compete window, they are trying to rush something that wasn’t there

Trade Higgings when his value is at the highest and try to replace him with one of your draft picks, develop them like the Chiefs

Bowers dropping for them would be fun as heck

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's amazing how insecure he is with how much money he has.
Or that with that kind of money, he allows this stuff to bother him. I mean, very few people would know his name if he didn't own an NFL team. If he can't handle the spotlight, don't buy an NFL team or at least not be a majority owner.

What's the old saying? Better to be rich than rich and famous.

Reactions: HisIceness

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Or that with that kind of money, he allows this stuff to bother him. I mean, very few people would know his name if he didn't own an NFL team. If he can't handle the spotlight, don't buy an NFL team or at least not be a majority owner.

What's the old saying? Better to be rich than rich and famous.

I've always known that the ones who are rich, keep it chill, low and quiet.
The flashy ones always complain, spend above their means and constantly made bad investments.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
A meddling owner will f*** over a franchise. See Snyder, Dan.

Sadly we're past of the point of him being Snyder 2.0.

I've been alive and in Charlotte for the entirety of the teams existence. There were low moments in the Richardson era but this dude has done one good thing that everyone liked, and that was put the Panthers logo at midfield instead of having the NFL shield, and this was 2018. It's been downhill since

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Sadly we're past of the point of him being Snyder 2.0.

I've been alive and in Charlotte for the entirety of the teams existence. There were low moments in the Richardson era but this dude has done one good thing that everyone liked, and that was put the Panthers logo at midfield instead of having the NFL shield, and this was 2018. It's been downhill since

Pretty much the senile Al Davis years, that was rock bottom for the Raiders. Mark Davis isn't the same football savant like his dad but he tries.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Are we gonna have dudes wearing clouds on their heads?

They cant design a better helmet with more padding on inside and of better materials to absorb hits?

There should be automatic flag for anyone who wears those who then drops helmet when defender goes to make tackle

If you want to wear this to have "Extra protection" then I better not see that same player lowering his helmet when defenders try to make tackle

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad