NFL: 2024 NFL draft discussion thread, Draft begins 4/25 8pm, 4/26 6pm, 4/27 12pm

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
You'd think given the name he would've ended up at a better school, but he's only been a receiver for two years.
He started at Nebraska as aQB. Transferred to rice with promise of a chance to play QB. Didn’t win the job this finally accepted the switch to WR. Had he gone straight to WR he could have gone to a better program.

1/2 the 4 McCaffery brothers got drafted . 2 and 4. Max A AwR at Duke went Undrafted and was in PS for a couple of teams. Never really played. Dylan a WB went to Michigan but couldn’t beat out Shea Patterson and ended up transferring to Northern Colorado to play for Ed. Wasn’t very productive. Expected him to dominate a lower level of competition but his numbers were just meh.

Luke will need some time to refine his route running.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
LOL
Holy hyberbole
Field Yates and Rappaport both said he is relatively hands off owner
Keeps food low for fans
Donated a ton

But yeah “worst owner”
Donated a ton lol. No owners do that. I've never heard he's ha dsnoff until now and either way he's a fool if he thinks drafting Penix was a good move. Arguably the worst pick in the history of the draft.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Donated a ton lol. No owners do that. I've never heard he's ha dsnoff until now and either way he's a fool if he thinks drafting Penix was a good move. Arguably the worst pick in the history of the draft.
Whoa. Hold up. The Saints once used a 1st round pick on a punter. Let’s not say anything we can’t take back.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Whoa. Hold up. The Saints once used a 1st round pick on a punter. Let’s not say anything we can’t take back.
Seriously? I don't remember that at all. I was exaggerating somewhat anyhow. The Raiders also used a 1st rounder on Seabass. Pretty damn good kicker but 1st round was crazy.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Seriously? I don't remember that at all. I was exaggerating somewhat anyhow. The Raiders also used a 1st rounder on Seabass. Pretty damn good kicker but 1st round was crazy.
Yup. Russell Erxleben in 1979.

Didn’t work out as you could guess.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
i like green bay walking away from round 2 with bullard at s and e cooper at lb, then marshawn lloyd at 90ish looking like a new d'andre swift

part of being a packers guy is knowing the steady quality o line comes from the investment from the draft, so the morgan pick at 25 isn't surprising given his projectable versatility

tyron hopper :dunno:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I didn't love letting the Eagles jump us for DeJean, or trading back and missing out on Kool-Aid.

But getting paid to slide down and take Edgerrin Cooper is pretty solid. We needed another safety next to McKinney and Bullard looks like a great fit. I knew we needed another RB and hearing some people thought he was the best back in the class is awesome. I don't love the Hopper pick when there's some other DBs out there I'd prefer but they are building a faster more aggressive defense so that is all very promising.

Would expect the Packers to add more to their secondary and O Line today, but also expect a pick in interior D Line and on Edge. Gute has also talked about wanting to draft another QB too, so I think they'll take one. Wonder if they'll also add a third kicker in the 7th or even a punter.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Giants take Theo Johnson from Penn State because they figured out Darren Waller sucks

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Giants take Theo Johnson from Penn State because they figured out Darren Waller sucks

Waller is a bum, he was never gonna be what he was with the Raiders BEFORE HE GOT THE BAG. Absolute BUM. Now he getting divorced from Kelsey Plum, straight out BUM.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Waller is a bum, he was never gonna be what he was with the Raiders BEFORE HE GOT THE BAG. Absolute BUM. Now he getting divorced from Kelsey Plum, straight out BUM.
She knew it was time to get to the gettin’

Erick All to the Bengals. He went to Iowa so he will be the next great tight end, even though he’s really a Michigan Man.

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad