NFL: 2024 NFL draft discussion thread, Draft begins 4/25 8pm, 4/26 6pm, 4/27 12pm

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Similar to Love and AR. If you have AR for 2-3 more years, then you think let's get someone who can contribute on the field during those 2-3 years and deal with the QB later. See how it turns out.

For Penix, this likely means he's playing year 3 and 4 of his rookie deal and on the 5th year option. Still gives him 3 years to perform well enough to earn a 2nd contract. Whether you played 60 starts like Carr or 7 like Jimmy G, they both ended up with the almost the same contract after their rookie deal.

Take the time to learn the offense and be ready to hit the ground running when your time is called.

Love was picked at the end of the 1st round though, not #8.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Bowers and Mayer. My concern is that like renfrow will there be too many pass catchers in the middle of the field?

Like the matchup problem this presents but need to ensure the weapons are spread out.
I don't hate the pick but I don't really like it either. He seems like good value based on how many had him ranked top 10 but TE's drafted this high tend to not live up to the hype. That may not happen to Bowers but I thought Mayer showed some promise last year after a slow start. Doesn't seem like good asset management to use another high pick on a TE especially for a team that will likely run the ball quite often and Bowers can't run block. Going with Arnold, Mitchell or Fuaga would've been smarter imo.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don't hate the pick but I don't really like it either. He seems like good value based on how many had him ranked top 10 but TE's drafted this high tend to not live up to the hype. That may not happen to Bowers but I thought Mayer showed some promise last year after a slow start. Doesn't seem like good asset management to use another high pick on a TE especially for a team that will likely run the ball quite often and Bowers can't run block. Going with Arnold, Mitchell or Fuaga would've been smarter imo.
Heard LAR were looking to move up for Bowers, so a deal back to 19, likely to get a 3rd rounder back, and maybe another pick as well in 2025 draft. So, going back to 19, they would have had their pick at CB. UW OL, is more a OG in the NFL vs an OT. With Fuaga, he'd likely be better at OG than at OT in the NFL. Just a matter of whether he'd be good enough at OT to keep him there or move him inside to be an elite OG.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Badly overpaying and giving up a 2nd round pick for Chase Claypool

Badly underselling and only getting a 6th round pick for Justin Fields

Couldn’t get a deal done with Roquan Smith then gave him away for a 2nd and a 5th

Passing on Jalen Carter who was clearly a superior player and settling for Darnell Wright

Reaching horribly for Velus Jones in the 3rd round

Added DJ Moore last season

Added Sweat mid season and got him signed
Signed Johnson

Added Swift
Added Allen
All it took was a 4th

Added Williams
Addee Odunze

Poles has changed the entire dynamics and feel around the roster

Top talent wants to go to Chicago today, they have wealth of elite talent on offense

Anybody who doesn’t see times are changing in Chicago are just too stuck on the past

I believe in Harbaugh for sure but that Chargers roster right now is all over the place and will take time to fix

Last edited:

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
He really messed up the Claypool stuff.

Trading Roquan when they couldn’t get him signed for that package was good. Similar to the trade for Sweat.

Carter is insanely talented but started falling off towards the end of the year. Plus OT > DL when drafting a young QB.

the only really bad thing is claypool. He got Caleb Williams + DJ Moore for Bryce Young and whatever else.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Mitchell to the bills or chargers please
Bills have to take a WR right? Some people had AM right there with TJ, so AM would be a score here. If they go corner, they should have traded Elam before. Any GM looking to draft a man corner would be out of their mind not to give the Bills a 4th for him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Bills have to take a WR right? Some people had AM right there with TJ, so AM would be a score here. If they go corner, they should have traded Elam before. Any GM looking to draft a man corner would be out of their mind not to give the Bills a 4th for him.
Bills cut White, so they could use a CB to replace him. Need to be like 3 deep in CB to match WRs.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Keon Coleman should’ve been graded higher imo. Good job by the Bills.

Reactions: Daz28

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Then he added Sweat and got him signed
Signed Johnson

Added Swift
Added Allen
All it took was a 4th

Added Williams
Addee Odunze

Poles has changed the entire dynamics and feel around the roster

Top talent wants to go to Chicago today, they have wealth of elite talent on offense

Anybody who doesn’t see times are changing in Chicago are just too stuck on the past

85 Bears, smash mouth football, tough defense.
Chicago needs a change of their identity, I mean sure the 85 Bears are one of the all team greats but how many times can they throw that in peoples faces for the past 39 years?

Same with the Jets, Super Bowl 3 was over 50 years ago..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad