GDT: 2024 NCAA Frozen Four National Title (BC vs DU: Championship game 4/13 @ 6pm ET, ESPN2 & ESPN+)

Who will win the 2024 NCAA Hockey Title?

• Boston College Eagles

Votes: 123 57.5%
  • Michigan Tech Huskies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wisconsin Badgers

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Quinnipiac Bobcats

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Michigan State Spartans

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Western Michigan Broncos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Dakota Fighting Sioux

• Michigan Wolverines

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • Denver Pioneers

Votes: 24 11.2%
  • Cornell Big Red

• Boston University Terriers

Votes: 29 13.6%
  • Minnesota Golden Gophers

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Congrats to the Pioneers, played a hell of a game today.
Were my pick in the poll a couple weeks ago, what do I win :D
I watched the Denver U and Boston U game and came away really underwhelmed. Just did not see a whole lot of intensity and skill from either side actually. Maybe the players are too tight in a 1 game Winner goes on match...why don't US college have a best of 3 semi finals. And then best of 5 Finals... Seems logical

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You are missing the point. Go compare their recruiting classes with those against BC, BU, Michigan, Minnesota, etc. every season. And compare the results.

I know, you're right in your broader point. I'm just saying I'd rather have Zeev Buium than any of the BC freshmen.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I watched the Denver U and Boston U game and came away really underwhelmed. Just did not see a whole lot of intensity and skill from either side actually. Maybe the players are too tight in a 1 game Winner goes on match...why don't US college have a best of 3 semi finals. And then best of 5 Finals... Seems logical

You probably could make the Finals a best of 3 or something with the amount of games college teams play. Talent is just one part of it tho, in playoffs/championship tournaments it's usually the teams that support the puck the best that go far. Denver does it better than anyone else, very mature game from them in this tournament.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
You probably could make the Finals a best of 3 or something with the amount of games college teams play. Talent is just one part of it tho, in playoffs/championship tournaments it's usually the teams that support the puck the best that go far. Denver does it better than anyone else, very mature game from them in this tournament.
Best of three will never happen for any round. Just the reality in how the NCAA works. Fans would love it but it won't happen.

The best we can hope for is home site first and second rounds.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Denver always seems to strike the right balance of getting those high-end recruits who aren’t quite “phenom” or “one and done” or even “two and done” level.

It results in a team full of like high-end, NHL-drafted second and more significantly, third year guys with top notch non-pro level seniors and some freshman Zeev’s from time to time.

BC and Michigan and the like are playing much more of the Kentucky basketball model while the Pios are the equivalent of UConn or Villanova. And we see just what the results tend to be in both sports…

Reactions: WarriorofTime

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Denver has underrated talent. Rizzo, Devine, Matikka are all high end college players and have good NHL shots. Harris, Broz, Thompson, Wright, and Lorenz are all good college players and have an NHL chance. King will be an undrafted target.

On defense, you have Behrens who was excellent in the Frozen Four, the Buium brothers, and Buckberger.

Then your goalie is the MVP. Just a great team all around.

Wieters

Mar 2, 2024
About Cutter's quote. Nothing he said was offensive or insensitive. He's playing the heel, and people are literally saying it juices them up and they enjoy the banter. Do we want athletes to be robotic/boring and mumble platitudes whenever asked a question?

If I was Cutter Gauthier and I was just denied an award the day before I think I had every right to after having been harassed by Flyers fans all year, I would lean in to the villain role as well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What a lucky arse organisation DU is, just pure luck that they even got this far and they win it. Pure rubbish, should have lost in the first game of the tourney in OT. Amazing tournament, but this final and the Michigan/BC games were complete duds.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
What a lucky arse organisation DU is, just pure luck that they even got this far and they win it. Pure rubbish, should have lost in the first game of the tourney in OT. Amazing tournament, but this final and the Michigan/BC games were complete duds.
You should probably head the grocery store on the morning. The grapes you currently have appear to be quite sour.

Reactions: coooldude

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
About Cutter's quote. Nothing he said was offensive or insensitive. He's playing the heel, and people are literally saying it juices them up and they enjoy the banter. Do we want athletes to be robotic/boring and mumble platitudes whenever asked a question?

If I was Cutter Gauthier and I was just denied an award the day before I think I had every right to after having been harassed by Flyers fans all year, I would lean in to the villain role as well.
Maybe he's playing the heel or taking the villain role.

Maybe he's just a dick.

Reactions: Rob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad