Prospect Info: 2024 NCAA Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Michigan basically rode their high-end guys to the semifinals, and as good as they are, BC's are on a different level. BC-DU should be a good one on Saturday night.

Michigan (UM) never faced BC during the regular season, but Michigan did see Michigan state several times before the Frozen Four tourney. UM broke through against MSU at the regional level, after losing four consecutive games.

Reg season vs Michigan St., MSU series win 3-1
Jan 19: UM 7, MSU 1
Jan 20: MSU 7, UM 7
Feb 9: MSU 5, UM 1
Feb 10: UM 2, MSU 3

Big 10 Tourney Championship game
Mar 23: UM 4, MSU 5 (OT)

Frozen Four, Regional (winner faces BC)
Mar 31: UM5, MSU 2

BC is like a sleeping giant and just waiting until they wake up to put the game into another level. I was hoping for a good game against Michigan, but I have a feeling BC will run away with the game.

gunnergunther

Jul 3, 2010
Not sure it will be a difficult contract to negotiate, but does anyone know if Cutters agent is allowed to be talking to the Ducks about a contract and "have a deal in place" before Cutters season is over? Or would that be tampering?
Entry level contracts don't really vary in the NHL. Not much to negotiate. Which is why people where wondering why the hangup on the Colangelo contract.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Not sure it will be a difficult contract to negotiate, but does anyone know if Cutters agent is allowed to be talking to the Ducks about a contract and "have a deal in place" before Cutters season is over? Or would that be tampering?
He is Ducks "property" so it should be no problem to do that if Gauthier has an agent.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Entry level contracts don't really vary in the NHL. Not much to negotiate. Which is why people where wondering why the hangup on the Colangelo contract.

Understood but this is a question beyond just Cutter. Like I said, I don't think this is a difficult contract to figure out, he will get the max, more curious about the rules associated with being able to negotiate whiles he's still technically a college player.

He is Ducks "property" so it should be no problem to do that if Gauthier has an agent.

I can see that, but I can also see an argument as to "he's still property of BC". More curious than anything else

Vaakou

Jun 30, 2012
Kristianstad
Kinda forgot we signed Suchanek. We have Gibson/Dostal and Clang/Suchanek. I like them for what they are, but don't see alot of NHL potential though. Not high at all on Gage Alexander...

Reactions: Kalv

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Kinda forgot we signed Suchanek. We have Gibson/Dostal and Clang/Suchanek. I like them for what they are, but don't see alot of NHL potential though. Not high at all on Gage Alexander...
We have Clara too, who had a solid year in the SHL. We have plenty depth in net

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
We have Clara too, who had a solid year in the SHL. We have plenty depth in net
Goalies are so flaky that I generally favor drafting one every year or so, just because. However, with the number and quality of young goalies that we have, including Buteyets, I see no need to either sign or spend a draft choice on a goalie this year. I expect at least one of Clara, Clang, Suchanek, and Buteyets to develop into at least an NHL backup over the next few years. If we have a goalie problem, it is having too many good young goalie prospects of approximately the same age group.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If there is a great prospect available, then sign it ajd let the cards play out. I'm not how inclined those prospects would be to actually sign, given the pipeline. Some might actually prefer it, idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad