OT: 2024 MLB Thread

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
The way the Yankees won each of these games was in a fashion that I don't think they've been capable of for some time.

Love to start the year by pushing the Astros to the very bottom of the standings.

Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
The way the Yankees won each of these games was in a fashion that I don't think they've been capable of for some time.

Love to start the year by pushing the Astros to the very bottom of the standings.
Last year they wouldn’t have even came away with a single W if they had a 4 game series with Judge doing nothing and no Gerrit Cole.

Juan Soto’s eye at the plate is absolutely ridiculous. He’s so comfortable with 2 strikes and just spits on anything out of the zone. Perfect hitter to put in front of Judge.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Unlike the Devils I have lower expectations for the Mets. I'll take 82-80 from the Mets this year. Yankees are a legit power again.

Reactions: NJDevs26

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Good day to be a Yankees fan.

Difficult times as a Devils fan.

I feel for those who root for Mets, Devs and either of the NY football teams. Season is long tho, im sure Mets will pull through.

Im arriving in the US on 3rd of May, relocating for two years. Got tix already to the Yankees game on the 4th :laugh:
Two years of you over here? Ugh. There aren't enough belt buckles and bourbon.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Might as well post it here too
IMG_5041.jpeg

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Liked Doc's speech yesterday. Good ceremony from the Mets. Good win and bounce back since a disastrous start at home. 10,000 short of a sellout for a prominent franchise pitcher's number retirement is disappointing. I'd gone if I had been available to go.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
"You know Susyn, if that ball had been hit 3 inches closer to DJ's left, the Yankees would have been out of the inning."

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Devils not making the playoffs meant I pivoted and planned a May baseball trip instead. Unofficially racing my buddy to get to every MLB park although the goal posts are always moving (Oakland to Vegas, plus a likely round of expansion from the sounds of it).

Gonna knock off Cleveland and Milwaukee (with a pit stop in Chicago). I've been to Cleveland a couple times for work but during the winter. This would be my first time in Milwaukee in case anybody has any tourist suggestions.

After that, I'll just have Miami/Tampa/Dallas left. I've seen a concert at the Texas Rangers' new park but haven't seen a baseball game. And then my other asterisk was getting rained out in St. Louis. I bought a ticket, sat in the stadium for a couple hours, ate food but they knew a storm was coming so they didn't start the game.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
I know he’s most affiliated with the Yankees but the Rick Camp HR with the Braves has to go on his Mount Rushmore of calls

Damm he got a hanger and crushed it. Only seen the WWOR Mets broadcast of that classic. Great call from Sterling! Lol the outfielders moved in like me in gym class softball!:laugh: To my credit I smashed a double or as legends has it.

Might as well post it here too
View attachment 849305
Poor Dano is a Mets fan I believe. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
I was looking yesterday and it’s scary to see that even Judge is on the wrong side of 30. Would be nice to have Soto signed relatively young and in his prime. Back up the Brinks truck.
Exactly. Judge first debuted at 26 I think! But a future of Soto, Volpe, Dominguez, eventually Spencer Jones…I love it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad