WJC: 2024 IIHF U20 World Championship, Division I B

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Things escalated quickly in the second. Croatia got within 2 at 4-2 before Italy scored 5 in a row. It's 9-2 Italy going into the third.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, this is a "welcome to the higher division, Croatia" moment. Having said that, I don't think anybody expected anything different.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
After pretty even first period Croatia now took the lead against Poland in the 2nd.. Okay.

Edit: well, not for long :laugh: still the game much tighter than expected.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Ukraine with a great comeback win against Italians. I almost turned the stream off, glad I had nothing better to do. .

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Ukraine with a great comeback win against Italians. I almost turned the stream off, glad I had nothing better to do. .
I actually did switch to GB - China, game seemed over. Pretty big surprise and no Clara costing points for Italy.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I'm starting to legitimately believe Croats are stronger than Poles. Which truly says a lot about the Polish team.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
It is still far from over, but one can hope Croats remain in the division.

In case of remaining in the division, I hope Santa brings Croats the ice surface everyone is waiting for... or at least a participation in some preparation tournament.

It's christmas time, time for hope :x):

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It is still far from over, but one can hope Croats remain in the division.
I mean it is over, done and dusted. Poland winning against Italy would be the miracle on ice squared. Maybe Poland could have had a smither of hope before today's game but they came nowhere close to winning, they trailed for 59 minutes.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
I mean it is over, done and dusted. Poland winning against Italy would be the miracle on ice squared. Maybe Poland could have had a smither of hope before today's game but they came nowhere close to winning, they trailed for 59 minutes.
we'll see, it ain't over til it's over

Gianpaolo

Jan 28, 2006
I had a lot of hope this year, but now I am really disappointed. De Luca moved into senior level with Ambri, Purdeller won the OHL last seaspm, Segafredo and Madaschi are scoring a lot of goals in the junior league in Switzerland. How can be possible that Italy got simply destroyed against Slovenia? When I look at both rosters, what the players from both teams have reached so far, the difference should not be so that big as I saw on the ice. I think it is all about bad coaching, bad organization, bad attitude, lack of professionalism.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I had a lot of hope this year, but now I am really disappointed. De Luca moved into senior level with Ambri, Purdeller won the OHL last seaspm, Segafredo and Madaschi are scoring a lot of goals in the junior league in Switzerland. How can be possible that Italy got simply destroyed against Slovenia? When I look at both rosters, what the players from both teams have reached so far, the difference should not be so that big as I saw on the ice.
Agree completely. Italian kids might have also been a bit out of it mentally after the blown game against Ukraine. Also, it seemed like the Slovenians, playing at home and all, they came out to win that game while the Italians just showed up to play and see what happens.

Overall, this kind of roster definitely could have challenged for more than the third place.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
If I told the Japanese would be mad the French in 1A, are the Italians ever mailing it in against Poland so far.. It's 2-0 already...

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
They did that with aplomb against Croatia already. This game, on the other hand, should have never been close.

Just par for the course for Poland. Never miss a chance to disappoint.

And as I type this they just tied with 12 minutes left in the third. Going to make an interesting finish.

Edit: And now they regained the lead on a penalty shot.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Pretty shocking, even if the game didn't mean anything to Italy. It's like after that 3rd period against Ukraine they haven't been the same.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Poland once again proves my theory, that getting promoted from 2A is harder than survive in 1B.

Reactions: tornaado66

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Wtf has just happened in the end of the game? Polish D just grabbed an Italian player with two hands and pushed his head to the board. The kid is taken away with emergency and there's no penalty???

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
soo we just saw miracle on ice squared.

Someone inform the hockey world please

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Wtf has just happened in the end of the game? Polish D just grabbed an Italian player with two hands and pushed his head to the board. The kid is taken away with emergency and there's no penalty???
The whole game was just.. bizarre.

soo we just saw miracle on ice squared.
In terms of rosters, we did. Italy played like their families are held hostage though so I don't know what to think.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00