This draft is loaded with D prospects

Trade
22nd pk + Abruzzese
Phil
30 pk + 51st pk

Draft
30 Elick
51 Emery . Colton Roberts or Gill
I’m no draft guru or anything, but seems like there’s some tiers where trading down makes some sense.
Utah has lotsa ammo, and might be in consolidation mode.

horner

May 22, 2007
I’m no draft guru or anything, but seems like there’s some tiers where trading down makes some sense.
Utah has lotsa ammo, and might be in consolidation mode.
Utah has alot of picks but thru font have an extra 1st and there 2nd rd pks are Florida and TBay picks.
I think you would want to stay in the 1st rd and get the 2nd rd pk
The s
2nd rd is alot of dman to choose from

Reactions: aingefan

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Cole Beaudoin for me is my early favourite I think. Hard to gauge late in the first but I love the Andrew Copp comparisons. Big center with a lot of power and good enough skill to move up and down the lineup. He could turn out to be another Fred Gauthier in a way but he's a lot more aggressive, so I think he'd fit better as a lower end player at the worst.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'd have to really like somebody not to trade back this year

I think there's a strong argument to trade back into the 2nd round and try to pick up another 3rd or 4th rounder

We've basically got nothing left to draft with next draft so I want to increase the odds in this one and make as may picks as possible

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

I think there's a strong argument to trade back into the 2nd round and try to pick up another 3rd or 4th rounder

We've basically got nothing left to draft with next draft so I want to increase the odds in this one and make as may picks as possible

Arizona has a 1st and 3 2nds

I wonder about trading our 1st for their 2nd and Colorado's 3rd?

Reactions: aingefan and Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

That's the sort of deal I'd like, teams who draft well can get defenseman in the 2nd or 3rd round

Back ourselves, hopefully have a good draft and get another wave of talent come into the organization

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

A lot can change between now and the draft. Very possible the Leafs do a bit of a shake up, and boom -- picks. I'm a fan of moving down late in the first especially if it's just a few spots to add a late 2nd or a 3rd kind of thing.

This draft isn't great from all accounts, so we'll see how it plays out. I like how the Leafs have done at the draft in the last 5 years with some good selections, so I'd like to see them get to do more.

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
A lot can change between now and the draft. Very possible the Leafs do a bit of a shake up, and boom -- picks. I'm a fan of moving down late in the first especially if it's just a few spots to add a late 2nd or a 3rd kind of thing.

This draft isn't great from all accounts, so we'll see how it plays out. I like how the Leafs have done at the draft in the last 5 years with some good selections, so I'd like to see them get to do more.

If we do a shake up and move say a Jarnkrok and Kampf for picks I'd be looking to get them for next year's draft

At least then we have options if we want somebody at the TDL and we have something before the 5th round

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If we do a shake up and move say a Jarnkrok and Kampf for picks I'd be looking to get them for next year's draft

At least then we have options if we want somebody at the TDL and we have something before the 5th round

Next year's draft is also believed to be stronger than this one.

Reactions: Kiwi

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I don't think you can go into a draft with as few picks as we have in the next one, our amateur scouts are to good to be sitting on there butts doing nothing

This is true about our scouts and you could make the argument that maybe we should trade back with our first rounder and collect more picks, giving them more bullets.

Reactions: horner and Kiwi

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
This is true about our scouts and you could make the argument that maybe we should trade back with our first rounder and collect more picks, giving them more bullets.
Drafting Cowboy (and not knowing why) instilled a lot of confidence in me into Clark's ability to analyze information. Savvy pick to say the least.

Now I say this with a hope that we use our 1st and that we don't trade back. I don't mind Clark picking in the first round and being daring with it. Especially if consensus is you're not getting your Konency 40 places later no matter what outlier intel says otherwise.

The earlier to the table the better for us.

And I think we've got pieces to move if we really want in on that 2nd and 3rd round. Pieces I think we could replace via free agency.

Reactions: weems and horner

horner

May 22, 2007
Players I liked today in our draft range at the u18
Canada vs Sweden

Elich +3
Beaudoin he's a wrecking
ball with talent
Carson Wetsch
Zetterberg he can score

Trade back and get
Elich