WC: 2024 Cesko

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1688044914855.png

Thought I'd start fresh since today was a big day!

You see, we hired a Finn coach (who is very good) and he won our first bronze in a decade. Then, in the second year we replaced our GM with Martin Havlat (who is one of my fav hockey players but a nightmare as a GM, perhaps because he had zero experience). Havlat (and injuries) gave our Finn coach a really weak squad. He bombed it with an awfully boring, defensive style that produced maybe 4 good periods of hockey in 8 games.

So, the Czechs showed their class and absolutely threw the Finn under the bus! Treated him like crap, called him out on twitter (I don't mean fans btw, I mean our management did this!) and basically fired him a month ago. Today was the official firing.

So thank you Kari, you didn't deserve how the Czechs treated you! You were classy and hard working. I didn't much give a shit about superchances and watching us defend from puck drop but you are a good coach and deserved respect.

In the meantime, our U20 team had a great run with a stacked D and hot goalie! So they promoted the entire U20 team staff to coach the Czech team next spring.

Next Spring? Well that's in Prague. Most are hoping it isn't as watered down and us Czech fans are really hoping for a strong roster and a fun team to watch.

Amazingly, Havlat got fired and then brought back as an Assistant GM to Petr Nedved. Nedved is actually a great GM. I would've fired Havlat completely but I think he's buddies with the president.

For next year. Keep it simple. Don't make half the team career extraliga players. Look at your AHL players too! Use your Swiss, Swede and Finn league guys. We did lost a few more guys to the KHL but should still be able to roster a strong team.

Bring an NHL goalie and declare them the starter. Stop with this we have 3 equal goalies bullshit.
Bring North American based players from AHL and NHL.
Reduce Extraliga guys to 5 or less.
Win Bronze!

Names I'm interested in already include Martin Frk, Jakub Galvas and Ondrej Kase! It's a long summer ahead and we'll see where other players land. We may have more guys leaving the NHL then entering it next year but our goalies will remain strong (I think trades are coming so we'll see who lands where.. hoping for Vejmelka, Vladar and Vanecek to get moved. Also for Gibson so Dostal can take the net.) and Jiricek may be a full timer along with Kulich.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I really wasn't sure what was going to happen! Kaut gets a contract and his NHL life is alive!

Hajek is a free agent... he may be done!

Lauko got an offer too!

Kampf get paid handsomely!

So mostly good news.. I'd hate for Hajek to leave the NHL but it seems very likely he's our next David Sklenicka!

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Kral and Galvas are 2 guys I thought might crack the NHL.. they are now free agents. So is Hajek.

I could see all 3 on the 2024 team tbh.

Pekar is not a big a surprise nor is Vomacka.

Shame to see 5 guys go. I can't see any of them getting another NHL deal. But for 2 years now I've been pencilling Kral and Galvas into the NHL... dammit!

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Král must have had some health problems, frequent absences. It's a shame, he could have been a really good player (still can), fans praised him a lot last year and he was a potential Leafs player for them.

Kral and Galvas are 2 guys I thought might crack the NHL.. they are now free agents. So is Hajek.

I could see all 3 on the 2024 team tbh.

Pekar is not a big a surprise nor is Vomacka.

Shame to see 5 guys go. I can't see any of them getting another NHL deal. But for 2 years now I've been pencilling Kral and Galvas into the NHL... dammit!

Last edited:
Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Gudas to Anaheim.. this is good because Radko and Dostal should be available for Prague!

Dostal

Gudas/Galvas/Kral/Hajek

Krejci at C

Nice start!lol

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Gudas to Anaheim.. this is good because Radko and Dostal should be available for Prague!

Dostal

Gudas/Galvas/Kral/Hajek

Krejci at C

Nice start!lol
Hájek.... not really, I'd rather have Svozil, Jiříček and Špaček than this kid who has lost his sense of north and south :help::laugh:

Reactions: Wooren and Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hájek.... not really, I'd rather have Svozil, Jiříček and Špaček than this kid who has lost his sense of north and south :help::laugh:
He might look very good playing in Europe... Maybe.lol.

I think Spacek and svozil will be too young. I think jiricek may be busy in NHL. We will see.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
He might look very good playing in Europe... Maybe.lol.

I think Spacek and svozil will be too young. I think jiricek may be busy in NHL. We will see.
Columbus will be a lot better than last year, but probably won't be in the PO. There is also the question of where Jiříček will play, it is not entirely certain that he will be in the NHL. Svozil will be in the AHL and if he is available, he will get a chance, probably the same as Špaček (a huge advantage of Rulík coaching, he knows and trusts those players). Of course, it is naive to think that all three will make the team, but they could get a chance and depending on the situation, we will see each other.
Hájek looked completely lost at the championship. I don't know what happened to him, but to me he looked like a parody of a national team player..

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think we're in for an NHL declien next year... Offseason so far is a bit scary.lol

7 guys drafted
Krejci not retuning to NHL seems likely
Galvas, Kral and Hajek are all UFA (big time ouch!)
Suchanek did get an invite to Anaheim camp
Zohorna got a 1 year contract in Pittsburth (which looks to be 1 way)
Rittich also got a 1 year contract in LA but appears to be goalie 3
Radko got a nice retirment contract in Anaheim
Kampf got paid
O. Kase is done in NHL most likely
Kaut was qualified but I have no idea if he is 1 way, 2 way?
Lauko too!
Zboril may finally become a full time NHLer?

It's bad.lol

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
I think we're in for an NHL declien next year... Offseason so far is a bit scary.lol

7 guys drafted
Krejci not retuning to NHL seems likely
Galvas, Kral and Hajek are all UFA (big time ouch!)
Suchanek did get an invite to Anaheim camp
Zohorna got a 1 year contract in Pittsburth (which looks to be 1 way)
Rittich also got a 1 year contract in LA but appears to be goalie 3
Radko got a nice retirment contract in Anaheim
Kampf got paid
O. Kase is done in NHL most likely
Kaut was qualified but I have no idea if he is 1 way, 2 way?
Lauko too!
Zboril may finally become a full time NHLer?

It's bad.lol
Krejci says he is considering playing Extraliga for a year because he is tempted by the Prague tournament

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Anyone know this guy? Just signed in Liiga, will be interesting to see if he can make any impract in euro league and posibly be of some use towards the NT.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Rutta is a shark.. we may have some good players in Prague... Simek, rutta, Hertl and zadina if he isn't already in extraliga.lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad