Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Zacha is a passenger on a good team - if look to move on from him. Would rather that money go to JDB.

Gryz, JVR and Shatt can kick rocks. If we can’t bring in another enforcer type then resign Maroon but I’d rather someone else

Heinen for cheap I’d bring back.

Swayman can have all the money he wants

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Well I had a chance to sleep on it, and i feel exactly as I did last night. Anybody not named Jeremy Swayman can f*** all the way off. Cheers Boston.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
If you set up your team next season based on past playoffs performances we wouldn't be able to ice a team

He still put up points and is playing out of position,

Get rid of Coyle that's a start for me, use that 5m toward finding a center
You'll get more for Zacha than Coyle as he us 5 years younger.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I’d trade Ullmark for picks like the keumper deal 1st/3rd/mid prospect. Then once we get those picks take Zacha and add those picks and trade for a center.

What does this get us in a trade:

Zacha/1st/3rd/mid prospect
Need to start with Zacha and his NTC

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I jokingly said this the other day, but I actually sort of like it.

Ullmark to Toronto for Tavares through Chicago, Boqvist to Chicago. Double retention on Tavares. Of course both guys have to waive, so probably about zero chance.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I’d love to see a statistical (personality, too?) analysis of those who want JDB gone after he had an average-ish regular season and strong playoff performance, but want Heinen back despite an average-ish RS and below average playoffs.

I get the money aspect, but even taking roles/expectations into consideration, they are at opposite ends of the free ride spectrum.

Nobody gets scrutinized like JDB, nobody gets a free pass like Heinen.

Reactions: SPV

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Played around with Capfriendly GM, here are the results, let me know if it seems realistic and how it looks:
Trade: Ullmark and Merkulov for Kempe
Debrusk signed for 6 x 6.
Sway signed for 6.5 x 8
Elias Lindholm signed for 7 x 6

Lines end up as:
Debrusk-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Zacha-Kempe
Poitras-Coyle-Geekie
Frederic-Beecher-Braz/Lauko

Lindholm-Mcavoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Free agent-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Leaves nearly 3 mil for whatever depth moves get made and to fill that bottom pairing spot. Would like Heinen back, but not sure where he really fits into the roster now.
I have a feeling Lindholm, is going to be looking for more than 6 mil, and I don't want to be attached to 7 years with him.
Kempe, interesting addition, Marchand is not a top 6 anymore, will show flashes and capable of feeling in when needed.
Poitras has not shown he can make it through a full season I, have my doubts talent aside thats my opinion.
You are putting a 18 goal scorer with 40 pts on the 4th line, not a move that I can support, If you feel that way about him then trade him.
I am a defense first guy, Loheri was very good in the playoffs, and I did not see that coming not because of talent but because of being prone to mistakes, he fooled me.
Defense is something that should always be considered, but now you can look at it add depth not a must.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I jokingly said this the other day, but I actually sort of like it.

Ullmark to Toronto for Tavares through Chicago, Boqvist to Chicago. Double retention on Tavares. Of course both guys have to waive, so probably about zero chance.
No way u give Toronto Ullmark, he'll no.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I’d love to see a statistical (personality, too?) analysis of those who want JDB gone after he had an average-ish regular season and strong playoff performance, but want Heinen back despite an average-ish RS and below average playoffs.

I get the money aspect, but even taking roles/expectations into consideration, they are at opposite ends of the free ride spectrum.

Nobody gets scrutinized like JDB, nobody gets a free pass like Heinen.
Im a big #74 guy but Heinen at $2M is still a bargain.

I have a feeling Lindholm, is going to be looking for more than 6 mil, and I don't want to be attached to 7 years with him.
Kempe, interesting addition, Marchand is not a top 6 anymore, will show flashes and capable of feeling in when needed.
Poitras has not shown he can make it through a full season I, have my doubts talent aside thats my opinion.
You are putting a 18 goal scorer with 40 pts on the 4th line, not a move that I can support, If you feel that way about him then trade him.
I am a defense first guy, Loheri was very good in the playoffs, and I did not see that coming not because of talent but because of being prone to mistakes, he fooled me.
Defense is something that should always be considered, but now you can look at it add depth not a must.
You believe in FT if u think you're getting Kempe for that.

Babajingo

I was bored this morning. Below is the list of the last SC champs since the Bruins won. I wanted to see if there was any correlation between having high draft picks and winning. I don't know, seems like part of success a team needs. I realize there is more (mid round drafting, trades, FA, ...). It seems the only outlier is the Bs? They had the Kessel (5th 2006) and Thorton (1st 1997) picks, but they didn't seem to contribute to their win? Had Seguin (2nd 2010) rookie year. He did contribute.
Meh
1716041379849.png

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Since when is Marchand no longer a top six forward? Dude had 67 pts in the regular season two seasons in a row, 10 pts in 11 playoff games this year, and 10 pts in 7 playoff games last year.

I would agree that he’s no longer a top-line player, but the notion that he’s some washed up 3rd liner is ridiculous.
He is still a top 6F but age is eroding him. Wi!l need to really start managing him.

Reactions: TSBruins13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad