Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
Wotherspoon needs to get the boot.

My controversial take is they need to strip McAvoy of the A. he was by far the worst defenseman on our team for many games this series, making seriously embarrassing mistakes and penalties. Not to mention he seems to just not be able to reign himself in when it really matters.

We need to get TOUGH bigger D-men, not the giant teddy bears that we currently have.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Well color me flabbergasted that you want to keep Jake DeBrusk around. :laugh: Never would have thought you, DeBrusk’s biggest fan on these boards, would be arguing for keeping him around.

Where does DeBrusk rank in points per game for forwards over that time? If we’re going to debate honestly about it.

EDIT: I want to clarify - I don’t write this with mean spirit. I appreciate your opinion of DeBrusk and I know I’ve had my share of similar opinions in the past. One could argue Montgomery is my latest.

I just think the arguments you state here are flimsy. That’s all. I don’t begrudge your bias though in making them. I get it.

It might not have been written with a mean spirit, but the first half of your post was very clearly petty, just admit it. No harm no foul. I'm not mad about it. There's no animosity here between me and you. We have a good rapport.

I don't have a bias. This argument has been going on since 2020. My favorite player has always been Sergei Samsonov. My favorite Bruins player was Rask. I like Jake. I think the stuff said about him for the last 4 years has been annoying. You and others don't have to want him back. It's all good.

But I think he deserves to be back. He shows up in the playoffs. And he's a very good 200ft player now. His stats are good. Great speed. He's your draft pick that you developed. You keep guys like this. He stepped up.

Last edited:
Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Some thoughts:

1) Imo, they will go all in on Zadorov
2) I can't see they getting Draisaitl: not enough assets, so our best bet in free agency (and I'd be ok with) is Lindholm
3) I appreciate playoff Debrusk, but it's time to move on. Same about Heinen, good soldier in this transition year, but we need more agression
4) They need a more agressive forecheck, urgently
5) I like Freddy, I just think he is gonna be overpaid with so much money around the league this time

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Parker and Andrew are a good bottom Group. I think Mason will move into the top 4 pairing. Jake only comes back for a decent rate. Sway gets paid and have to think Linus gets moved. I hope Danton comes back and think Justin has a role on the 4th line.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It might not have been written with a mean spirit, but the first half of your post was very clearly petty, just admit it. No harm no foul. I'm not mad about it. There's no animosity here between me and you. We have a good rapport.

I don't have a bias. This argument has been going on since 2020. My favorite player has always been Sergei Samsonov. My favorite Bruins player was Rask. I like Jake. I think the stuff said about him for the last 4 years has been annoying. You and others don't have to want him back. It's all good.

But I think he deserves to be back. He shows up in the playoffs. And he's a very good 200ft player now. His stats are good. Great speed. He's your draft pick that you developed. You keep guys like this. He stepped up.
He’s 1 of however many guys are on the roster, minus 1, that I couldn’t care less if he’s gone. If he re-signs, and it’s fairly cheap, cool. If he walks, also cool. I’m ready and willing to part ways with every single member of this organization, aside from Swayman.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Played around with Capfriendly GM, here are the results, let me know if it seems realistic and how it looks:
Trade: Ullmark and Merkulov for Kempe
Debrusk signed for 6 x 6.
Sway signed for 6.5 x 8
Elias Lindholm signed for 7 x 6

Lines end up as:
Debrusk-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Zacha-Kempe
Poitras-Coyle-Geekie
Frederic-Beecher-Braz/Lauko

Lindholm-Mcavoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Free agent-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Leaves nearly 3 mil for whatever depth moves get made and to fill that bottom pairing spot. Would like Heinen back, but not sure where he really fits into the roster now.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Some thoughts:

1) Imo, they will go all in on Zadorov
2) I can't see they getting Draisaitl: not enough assets, so our best bet in free agency (and I'd be ok with) is Lindholm
3) I appreciate playoff Debrusk, but it's time to move on. Same about Heinen, good soldier in this transition year, but we need more agression
4) They need a more agressive forecheck, urgently
5) I like Freddy, I just think he is gonna be overpaid with so much money around the league this time

If you let Debrusk go that is another gamping hole in the lineup you create. And the replacement will likely cost just as much or more than Jake

I still don't see Zadarov, but if so, that probably makes Lohrei moveable,

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Played around with Capfriendly GM, here are the results, let me know if it seems realistic and how it looks:
Sway signed for 6.5 x 8

Lines end up as:
Marchand-Zacha-Kempe
Poitras-Coyle-Geekie

Lindholm-Mcavoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Free agent-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Leaves nearly 3 mil for whatever depth moves get made and to fill that bottom pairing spot. Would like Heinen back, but not sure where he really fits into the roster now.
Kempe is great but a lot of kings fans hold him in high regard, I don’t think Ullmark + Merk get it done

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
The only LW left on this team in the top 6 should be the 2nd line LW Zacha (who is NOT a C) and the 3rd line LW Marchand for his final year.

XXX - XXX - Pastrnak
Zacha - XXX - XXX
Marchand - Coyle - Geekie
XXX - Beecher - Brazeau

Lots of space and lot of missing top 6 talent to find.
Sway signed for 6.5 x 8

Lines end up as:
Marchand-Zacha-Kempe
Poitras-Coyle-Geekie

Lindholm-Mcavoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Free agent-Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Playoff DNQ.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010

JOHN HENRY WANTS TO SEND HIM TO NESN BABY LETS GOOOO

1716004332557.gif

Reactions: CDJ and McGarnagle

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Not petty at all! Hell, I’ve been on your side for much of this debate. I’m not salty that you like him - I like that you do. I like him too.

I think there’s a payday waiting for DeBrusk that I’m personally not comfortable with. And frankly a big part of that is that I’m not sure what a “guy like this” actually is. It’s different from day-to-day, week-to-week, year-to-year. What would I expect him to score next season? :dunno: Is it fair to expect him to step up in the playoffs? :dunno: He does sometimes.

That’s a player you take a gamble on short-to-medium term at short-to-medium money. If that’s what he signs in Boston for? Okey doke. But I suspect there’s a long-term deal at pretty good dollars out there for Jake.

Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Not petty at all! Hell, I’ve been on your side for much of this debate. I’m not salty that you like him - I like that you do. I like him too.

I think there’s a payday waiting for DeBrusk that I’m personally not comfortable with. And frankly a big part of that is that I’m not sure what a “guy like this” actually is. It’s different from day-to-day, week-to-week, year-to-year. What would I expect him to score next season? :dunno: Is it fair to expect him to step up in the playoffs? :dunno: He does sometimes.

That’s a player you take a gamble on short-to-medium term at short-to-medium money. If that’s what he signs in Boston for? Okey doke. But I suspect there’s a long-term deal at pretty good dollars out there for Jake.
Fair enough. You know I respect you and your opinions. Hard to know who is messing with me on here sometimes, as I'm sure you're aware.

Either way, we'll find out about JDB's future one way or another.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
We don't have nor giving up the assets for Draisaitl. Have to wait a year and get him for $

Sure we do. A top pairing #1 9.5 million dollar D locked up for 7 years for the Oilers to put out there. Oh, and a Vezina' goalie coming as well. Don't forget a RW prospect ready to play with as depth and a LW UFA they can sign so his Dad can travel with him while covering the team.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
The only LW left on this team in the top 6 should be the 2nd line LW Zacha (who is NOT a C) and the 3rd line LW Marchand for his final year.

XXX - XXX - Pastrnak
Zacha - XXX - XXX
Marchand - Coyle - Geekie
XXX - Beecher - Brazeau

Lots of space and lot of missing top 6 talent to find.

Playoff DNQ.

Marchand probably has one or two more good years in him but after hip surgery on both sides you see the decline very much compared to his last years on superstar level. As it was expected. Zacha is very much a lw and he is best suited over there. The Bruins really need him to be but he just isn't a top 6 line center come playoff time. So if the Bruins extend DeBrusk longterm you look at Zacha, DeBrusk and Marchand as your lws for the next few season. Can they win you the cup? Are they gamebreaking talent? You have to ask yourself the question in regards to extending Jake.

Reactions: CDJ

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
If you let Debrusk go that is another gamping hole in the lineup you create. And the replacement will likely cost just as much or more than Jake

I still don't see Zadarov, but if so, that probably makes Lohrei moveable,

Disagree about Lohrei: imo, he is not ready for top 4 minutes. They add Zadorov, they get a nasty dman capable to eat minutes. I don't think he is a top 2 dman, still I see him a better partner for McAvoy:

Zadorov - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlos
Lohrei - Peeke

About DeBrusk. He is looking for big money and for that price I want a more consistent player. So yeah, time to move on.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I try to see if Ottawa would be interested in Ullmark. They clearly need a goalie who can stop a puck. He wants to stay on the east coast, could work. Something around Pinto would be really nice but if not Chychrun would be a solid add to run a PP.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad