Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
That's absurd ( see what I did there :naughty: ). I want no part of Kotkaniemi who has a grand total of 70 points over the last 2 seasons combined and has a cap hit of $4.82 million for the next 6 seasons.
If the Bruins want a top 6 center not named Lindholm or Stephenson to add to this team via trade, they are going to be looking a guys like Necas or Kotkaniemi who haven't played center a lot or are still a work in progress.

Lindholm is a great player but his next contract worries me. Maybe the Bruins stand pat and see what they have in Merkulov and Poitras.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
That's absurd ( see what I did there :naughty: ). I want no part of Kotkaniemi who has a grand total of 70 points over the last 2 seasons combined and has a cap hit of $4.82 million for the next 6 seasons.

This comes down to your pro scouting staff. they stole Zacha for Huala (and even if you don't like Zacha that was a steal).

I wouldn't trade for him because he showed potential as an 18 year old, and was drafted 3rd overall. But if you could get him for a reasonable price, and the pro scouting staff believes there is still top 6 potential there, you have to consider it

it does happen occasionally that guys get burred in the wrong place, and blossom in a different situation. Up through his 22 year old season, his career was going with a nice progression towards a good payer, then this year, not so much

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Necas is an RFA right? I don't know as much about how that would work and a scenario where he could end up in Boston

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
In theory you could offer sheet him I believe, but more realistically you would have to trade for him and then sign him

Carolina has a goaltending problem. Necas for Ullmark + x fixes that. The problem is that they have Andersen, Kotchkov and Martin already signed so you probably have to take Andersen back. Maybe this would takes off the add.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Carolina has a goaltending problem. Necas for Ullmark + x fixes that. The problem is that they have Andersen, Kotchkov and Martin already signed so you probably have to take Andersen back. Maybe this would takes off the add.
Frig that .Let them work out another deal .Bruins have Bussi ready they don't need Anderson. He adds scoring but does not solve the centre hole on top line.

In theory you could offer sheet him I believe, but more realistically you would have to trade for him and then sign him
Draisaitl be an RFA too,but might be age rules though like 27 or younger to qualify.I need to read up on that

Last edited:
Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
This comes down to your pro scouting staff. they stole Zacha for Huala (and even if you don't like Zacha that was a steal).

I wouldn't trade for him because he showed potential as an 18 year old, and was drafted 3rd overall. But if you could get him for a reasonable price, and the pro scouting staff believes there is still top 6 potential there, you have to consider it

it does happen occasionally that guys get burred in the wrong place, and blossom in a different situation. Up through his 22 year old season, his career was going with a nice progression towards a good payer, then this year, not so much
Can we trade Zacha + for Necas?

goach

Jun 30, 2013
Would Boston do Pastrnak, Debrusk, Grzelcyk for Thompson, Power, Rosen and first? Over payment .But Sabres need experience.

Last edited:

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Now that it’s over, the Bruins #1 priority should be to try to trick another team into thinking that McAvoy is a #1 D. Two playoffs in a row where he looked terrible outside of one or two games. Try to trade for a young #1 center from a team looking to shake things up like the Tkachuk for Huberdeau trade.

Hughes, Aho, Peterssen, Hintz, or some other comparable #1C. You can build around something like Lohrei, Carlo, Zadorov, Lindholm, Peeke of a D core. You have absolutely no chance without acquiring an elite center.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Now that it’s over, the Bruins #1 priority should be to try to trick another team into thinking that McAvoy is a #1 D. Two playoffs in a row where he looked terrible outside of one or two games. Try to trade for a young #1 center from a team looking to shake things up like the Tkachuk for Huberdeau trade.

Hughes, Aho, Peterssen, Hintz, or some other comparable #1C. You can build around something like Lohrei, Carlo, Zadorov, Lindholm, Peeke of a D core. You have absolutely no chance without acquiring an elite center.

And who becomes the #1 defenseman then? I can't even imagine a seasn with Lindstrom and Carlo as the first pairing on D.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

I'd send him back to Long Island. McAvoy for Barzal. Barzal was once a Bruin, Burnaby Winter Club Bruin lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad