Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It’s a slim chance of happening but….Guentzel?

He's the closest to what is available in free agency to that forward play driver. Very underrated player.

Personally I'd target him long before I'd go after Lindholm. He'll also cost more though IMO. Both are in the decline to a certain degree but that's true of almost any notable UFA.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I can't see Reinhart coming here.
FLA has 19.7 million in cap space and will figure out a way to keep him.
Lindholm will command 8M a year I think, too much for my liking.
I would try to get Monahan signed to a deal. He is coming off a 26 goal season and did not miss a game this season. He might come for a 4 year deal worth 6.5 a year max?
He is not a #1 but is a really good #2.
Move Zacha to LW.
I would use Ullmark and perhaps Carlo, who is a good dee, but still plays too soft for my liking and get a #1 Center or a young Center that has the potential to be a number one.
We can replace Carlo with one of Tanev or Pesce and not miss much.
Save the money and wait till u can get a top C.Do not need to be locking yourselves into longer deals for less .WAIT..who knows maybe Draisaitl's agent takes notice and says we are going to test Market

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I would try to get Monahan signed to a deal. He is coming off a 26 goal season and did not miss a game this season. He might come for a 4 year deal worth 6.5 a year max?
Move Zacha to LW.
I would use Ullmark and perhaps Carlo, who is a good dee, but still plays too soft for my liking and get a #1 Center or a young Center that has the potential to be a number one.

Monahan did not miss a game this year, but he has a bad injury history that made him borderline unplayable the previous 3 years, Not someone I want to lock up semi long term for a big price

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Lindholm
Necas
Coyle
Zacha (move to wing)
Freddy
Poitras
Beecher
Merkulov (move to wing / trade)

That's a lot of centres. Obviously landing Lindholm and Necas is a dream. This is more about the bottom 4. I really feel like Freddy excels at centre and the Poitras and Beecher also need to play centre and grow in that position. Unless you also trade Poitras.
Necas and Lindholm would be great adds considering what's available. At the moment
We currently have 6 bottom 6 centres and I'd even say 6 bottom 4 centres on a deep team. Something has to give.

Necas isn't a center.

Over the last 3 seasons Necas has taken 640 draws. That ranks 174th among all forwards during that time frame. Of those 640 he only won 42.7% of them.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Move Zacha to LW.
I'm open to moving Carlo too for the right center, I just don't know who that would be. Maybe if Edmonton is willing to trade Draisaitl, we'd obviously have to add to Carlo. Him+Ullmark+Lysell is a good return for a team looking to remain competitive. Throw in the rights to DeBrusk is the trade is before free agency starts.

Reactions: Bodit9

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
I'd move out Zacha to keep DeBrusk. Zacha has proven 2 post seasons in a row for us ( and 1 for NJ) that he isn't a playoff player. He's a good regular season player but he isn't good enough in the playoffs . Move him for picks, Ullmark for picks. Pick up Lindholm Bertuzzi Guentzel/Reinhart this off season.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I definitely hear you but I think Zacha or a guy like Bertuzzi to dig pucks out for Pasta with Lindholm in the middle would work

At the same time, Pasta is their only true 1st line play driving forward on the team at this point. If they want another it’s going to cost.

It’s a slim chance of happening but….Guentzel?
Don't want Guentzl and definite no on Bertuzzi.

After EDM gets eliminated they clearly need a goalie. Send Ulmark and some D for Drai instead of letting him go into his final year before UFA. A boy can dream 🛌
Ullmark will be going into his final year also.............

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Don't want Guentzl and definite no on Bertuzzi.

Ullmark will be going into his final year also.............
Yes, what I meant is if you let Drai walk you are wasting an asset FAR larger than if we let ullmark walk. I think this a pipe dream, but that is what i meant. We have goalie and D, they need that and have centers to spare. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I'd move out Zacha to keep DeBrusk. Zacha has proven 2 post seasons in a row for us ( and 1 for NJ) that he isn't a playoff player. He's a good regular season player but he isn't good enough in the playoffs . Move him for picks, Ullmark for picks. Pick up Lindholm Bertuzzi Guentzel/Reinhart this off season.
I don't want Lindholm, Guentzel/ Reinhart to rich for my blood and I am sure for Jeremy's also , would rather keep the guy that plays both ends of the ice than Bertuzzi, fake tough guy had me fooled too be honest.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I don't want Lindholm, Guentzel/ Reinhart to rich for my blood and I am sure for Jeremy's also , would rather keep the guy that plays both ends of the ice than Bertuzzi, fake tough guy had me fooled too be honest.
Who would you like to add. Jacobs knows he has to spend to the cap, especially after two early playoff exits

Reactions: Gordoff and HustleB

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
After EDM gets eliminated they clearly need a goalie. Send Ulmark and some D for Drai instead of letting him go into his final year before UFA. A boy can dream 🛌
Send McAvoy and Poitras to Edm for Draisaitl and Ullmark and Zacha to Ottawa for Chychrun. Best I can come up with based on extensions with both.

Reactions: bbfan419

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Stay away from Lindholm, Hertl etc. I rather speculate in Draisatl or even better McDavid becoming free agents. If they will they better have a cap space avaiable but knowing Sweeney he probably can not wait in investing and overpaying the cap space in mediocore talent.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Stay away from Lindholm, Hertl etc. I rather speculate in Draisatl or even better McDavid becoming free agents. If they will they better have a cap space avaiable but knowing Sweeney he probably can not wait in investing and overpaying the cap space in mediocore talent.

I get that to a degree. But take Trochek for instance…the same was said about him, but if here were here right now centering Pasta and Zacha, maybe it’s 2-2 or even 3-1 the other way?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Who would you like to add. Jacobs knows he has to spend to the cap, especially after two early playoff exits
Locking lesser players up does not fix top line centre hole, it just creates long term problems.Sit it out till one comes available would be the smart move.

Send McAvoy and Poitras to Edm for Draisaitl and Ullmark and Zacha to Ottawa for Chychrun. Best I can come up with based on extensions with both.
U would need to add Ullmark in Edm deal for sure maybe a pick too.

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yeah a good GM would wait for one of those guys to hit UFA you’re right.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I get that to a degree. But take Trochek for instance…the same was said about him, but if here were here right now centering Pasta and Zacha, maybe it’s 2-2 or even 3-1 the other way?

Possibly but you will never know. With a little luck and Edmonton failing again in the playoffs the Bruins luck out like in 2006 when Savard and Chara fell into their lap. Bruins had cap space back then. Would be great if they would have again.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Locking lesser players up does not fix top line centre hole, it just creates long term problems.Sit it out till one comes available would be the smart move.

U would need to add Ullmark in Edm deal for sure maybe a pick too.

You could be waiting for many years waiting for a pair of top 6 C's that you feel fix the problem to become available.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
What we need.....

Obviously a top line center
More Scoring
Nastiness - we have way too many 3rd-4th liners that are meh

Ideally the scoring and nastiness can come in the same player....

give Merkulov a real shot on 3rd line.....if nothing after 25 games....move on

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

A lot of people here bashed trochek too and said they wanted nothing to do with him.

Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad