Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
X - Poitras - Pastrnak
DeBrusk?/X - Merkulov - Frederic/Lysell
Marchand - Coyle - Lysell/Frederic
X - Beecher - Brazeau

Heinen and Lauko maybe are back. I think the Bruins should move on from Zacha and sell high on Geekie.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
He is paid like an elite number one defenseman for 8 years. 8 years of an elite number one dman is pretty damn close to HOF. I like Mac; but if he was half as good as Bourque he would be better than he is today,
We have been spoiled. Orr , Park , Bourque , Z . everybody wanted so badly for Mac to be the next one, but he isn’t even in the same mention as those other guys. Sad but true.

Reactions: Bodit9

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I just want Draisaitl to center Pasternak can live with how the rest of the roster shakes out. Hope Vancouver wins this series and we can work out a deal with Edmonton.

I’m pretty content with our top 6 d men locked in for next year. Just try and find a couple more Wotherspoons on the minimum.

We have been spoiled. Orr , Park , Bourque , Z . everybody wanted so badly for Mac to be the next one, but he isn’t even in the same mention as those other guys. Sad but true.
He’s still only 26. I’m not sure there’s anyone in the NHL that’s the levels of Orr Bourque and Park Z was a late bloomer to some extent.

Reactions: BBruins and zaYG

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
X - Poitras - Pastrnak
X - Beecher - Brazeau

Heinen and Lauko maybe are back. I think the Bruins should move on from Zacha and sell high on Geekie.
I think we're locked in to Zacha, for better or worse. Moving him back to wing would help his game.

Reactions: sarge88

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
X - Poitras - Pastrnak
X - Beecher - Brazeau

Is that Providences roster, it sure looks like it. They will 27m in cap space and you are adding Merkulov, Lysell and Poitras. I will give you Poitras may be a decent NHL center at so.e point but the other two I doubt play 50 games combined for the Bruins.

Where is all the cap money and why are you bringing back DeBrusk?

With 27 million 8m to Swayman, 9 million to Lindholm, 1.5m to Duhaime, 5m for Marchesault, 3m to Joshua. Move Coyle ideally for picks, that's another 5m in cap Stamkos 5m,

Joshua-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Stamkos-Marchesault
Joshua-Frederic-Geekie
Duhaime-Beecher-Brazeau
Lohrei-Mac
Lindholm-Carlo
Wotherspoon-Peeke

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I’m expecting a very similar roster next season. Gonna be so much fun

You are gonna see some changes up front.

Debrusk, JVR, Maroon, Heinen (and Lucic) are all UFA. They may all be gone. I could see them moving Zacha out (won't be hard to do).

They have essentially 9 forwards on the books for next year (I'll include Boqvist as he's RFA) not including Zacha. They have the cap space and rosters space to make fairly significant changes. After these playoffs hopefully they can see they cannot run it back with this forward group by extending Heinen and Debrusk and also retaining Zacha. JVR and Maroon might be playing their final NHL games on Wednesday night. Heck, one of them might be scratched for Marchand and already played their final NHL game.

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
The guy is a machine and he’s only 28. He’s big, shoots the puck well and you can use him in any situation. He’d be a perfect fit here.

I don’t see why not (other than the salary cap, of course.)
Over payment for a Player that had a great year in his last year of a contract.
Please see Martin Lapointe, Ryan Smith and Scott Gomez

LetsGoBruins97

May 17, 2022
Arlington, VA
Over payment for a Player that had a great year in his last year of a contract.
Please see Martin Lapointe, Ryan Smith and Scott Gomez
Wow really going out on a limb here. How much of him have you even watched this year? It is hard to argue that he hasn’t been trending in the right direction over the past couple of years before his breakout season this year. He also has had a great playoffs. I’ll take him on this team over Elias Lindholm. If we can get this guy we should do it.
FWIW, he said on the Spittin Chiclets podcast this year that playing in Boston is one of his favorite places to play in the league. So I think there’s a good chance he’d be interested in coming here if we can fit him under the salary cap, which admittedly seems pretty doubtful.

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
Wow really going out on a limb here. How much of him have you even watched this year? It is hard to argue that he hasn’t been trending in the right direction over the past couple of years before his breakout season this year. He also has had a great playoffs. I’ll take him on this team over Elias Lindholm. If we can get this guy we should do it.
FWIW, he said on the Spittin Chiclets podcast this year that playing in Boston is one of his favorite places to play in the league. So I think there’s a good chance he’d be interested in coming here if we can fit him under the salary cap, which admittedly seems pretty doubtful.
His been on average a 27 goal scorer playing on the wing with Barkov. A consistent minus player except for this year and the President trophy year. Don't think he is want the Bruins need as a center. Averages around 44% at the dot

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
More than ready to move on from the 1A/1B goalie tandem.

I’ve said it multiple times before but too many fans love the goalie hug it seems.

You pick a goalie and run with him in the playoffs. You can’t tie up significant cap in a guy to ride a bench in a winner take all best of 7.

Series comes down to game 7 and you have 6-7 million tied up in a guy opening the bench door all night while the other team has an impact player out there skating a regular shift.

It just doesn’t make sense. No doubt this rotation helps pick up pts in the regular season, but we are seemingly trying to reinvent the wheel to make it work in the playoffs

Reactions: BTO and Gordoff

LetsGoBruins97

May 17, 2022
Arlington, VA
His been on average a 27 goal scorer playing on the wing with Barkov. A consistent minus player except for this year and the President trophy year. Don't think he is want the Bruins need as a center. Averages around 44% at the dot
I’m not convinced Lindholm is the guy, but I am fearful we are going to throw a lot of money at him. He’s better on the draws than Reinhart but from what I’ve seen from him in Vancouver in the regular season, his game looked very disappointing. To me, Reinhart is the only high level option we have for a long term solution at the #1C spot, unless you want to take a chance on Drai being available in a couple of years when his contract is up.

Reactions: Gordoff

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I think we're locked in to Zacha, for better or worse. Moving him back to wing would help his game.
I hope not. He has a modified 10-team no trade clause. Hopefully the Bruins can do better in the top 6.

Is that Providences roster, it sure looks like it. They will 27m in cap space and you are adding Merkulov, Lysell and Poitras. I will give you Poitras may be a decent NHL center at so.e point but the other two I doubt play 50 games combined for the Bruins.

Where is all the cap money and why are you bringing back DeBrusk?

With 27 million 8m to Swayman, 9 million to Lindholm, 1.5m to Duhaime, 5m for Marchesault, 3m to Joshua. Move Coyle ideally for picks, that's another 5m in cap Stamkos 5m,

Joshua-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchand-Stamkos-Marchesault
Joshua-Frederic-Geekie
Duhaime-Beecher-Brazeau
Lohrei-Mac
Lindholm-Carlo
Wotherspoon-Peeke
Poitras, Merkulov, and Lysell are NHL-ready. The only question is, will the Bruins keep some/all of them or move some/all of them for immediate help? Reason DeBrusk is back is because of his playoff performance, and I think he and Merkulov would work well together. Is he a must-sign, no.

Unless they move McAvoy for whatever reason, I think the defense is locked in. Maybe they look to add a 3rd-pairing or 7th D. I think Ullmark is most likely dealt.

Regarding your lineup, I don't think it's possible to sign 6 UFA forwards. Not because the cap you posted above won't work, but because teams aren't built through free agency. I think the Bruins if need be could act as facilitator's in trades for teams that need cap space or need to free up a contract.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad