Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Lindholm definitely did not look like a player worth 8+mil tonight. I’d rather they don’t blow all the cap space in one season to fill a hole with the wrong piece. Snag Stephenson and ride it out again in the C department unless a trade for a legit #1 can be made.
With all the cap money out there teams are going to overpay bigtime. I can see most people getting 20-30% higher that expected. Could really be a bidding war.

OK you don't want to give Lindholm 8. What are you willing to give Stephenson, because as DaStinger says the market is likely to dictate salaries are likely to go crazy. Are you willing to go 6.5 million over 6/7 years for a guy who is a middle 6 C.

Reactions: DaStinger

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Stamkos hasn't really played C in an age. He doesn't for Tampa.
Well them Lindholm is the only decent option at C via free agency and he’s a 2C.

Good luck getting under the Cap.
If Ullmark is fully moved out, then we’re sitting at 26 m in cap room. Swaynan likely around ~7m, so 19m in space to fill.
We’ll be fine.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Damned if you do...........

Can see both sides, so do you do a potentially "safer" route like Monahan and Bertuzzi?

Or even Bertuzzi and Domi?

Can't see both leaving anyway.
Domi is a perfect fit for Boston. Marchand had positive comments regarding his good play after the TO series. Bertuzzi doesn't do it for me. The more I think about it, it's time to move on from Debrusk (unless good deal). Perhaps bruins finally move on from first round 2015 f up.

BTW bring back Cehlarik. He's having a good IIHF tourney thus far.

No more sideshows - Lucic, Maroon, Backes etc...

Reactions: HustleB

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Domi is a perfect fit for Boston. Marchand had positive comments regarding his good play after the TO series. Bertuzzi doesn't do it for me. The more I think about it, it's time to move on from Debrusk (unless good deal). Perhaps bruins finally move on from first round 2015 f up.

I hate Max Domi (In a sports sense lol, I don't know the man personally), but could live with him here and he might even be a good fit. He's skilled and was probably TO's best player game in-game out that series. Maybe that makes more sense for the Bruins than Elias Lindholm where you might see a bidding war.

And you had to sneak Cehlarik in there haha, good on you- never say die :laugh:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

I really liked Domi as well. I agree that he would fit nicely and add what we are missing. Skill that can bring physicality in the playoffs.

Reactions: Blowfish and Zillah

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

How much are you willing to commit to a guy who has been on 5 teams in 3 seasons, largely because no one wants to keep him, and he's is a 3rd liner

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
And 7 teams in 9 years. Many of us want avoid PLD because he's been through so many franchise in such a short time....not sure why people don't feel the same way about Domi.

Yeah, he is the guy you give 4 million for a year if all the better options turn you down. Absolutely don't want multi year. Overpay him a bit for one, but only as a last resort

Reactions: ON3M4N

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Well them Lindholm is the only decent option at C via free agency and he’s a 2C.

If Ullmark is fully moved out, then we’re sitting at 26 m in cap room. Swaynan likely around ~7m, so 19m in space to fill.
We’ll be fine.

How much do you think Draisaitl will be getting after next season?

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
How much do you think Draisaitl will be getting after next season?

Whatever the max allowed contract is, I thinks it's over 13 mil

edit: Looked it up Max contract is 16.7 million for 24/25. Will be even higher next year. So 13 million is likely low, and he will get offers approaching the max (but maybe from someone like Utah. So maybe he goes a bit below that , but my 13 million guess seems very low now

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

We’ll be fine.
Bruins could have a goalie, Lohrei, Wotherspoon, Poitras, Brazzeau, Beecher, Lysell,
Lauko and probably another 1 or or 2 players under or at 1M. They can overpay a bit for FA.

Reactions: ranold26

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
With what Don gave Pasta and what he's about to give to Sway, I dunno where the "bargain bin" comes from.

Cap is the cap. We spend to it. Heck last year we kinda spent over it, lol. That's why this past season was tough.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
With what Don gave Pasta and what he's about to give to Sway, I dunno where the "bargain bin" comes from.

Cap is the cap. We spend to it. Heck last year we kinda spent over it, lol. That's why this past season was tough.

And if you view him as bargain bin. He killed it at the bargain bin this season.

His biggest FA problem has come around the 4-5 million dollar type of players.

Reactions: goldenblack

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
And if you view him as bargain bin. He killed it at the bargain bin this season.

His biggest FA problem has come around the 4-5 million dollar type of players.

Think it's more the Gryz, Reilly ranges of late, but your point is still well taken.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Think it's more the Gryz, Reilly ranges of late, but your point is still well taken.

Gryz was never a FA, and honestly was probably underpaid for half his contract, as much as he frustrated me.

I was of course thinking the Belesky, Backes and arguably Foligno (although he probably played close to value his second year). Not sure what we learn from these, Belesky certainly calls out the concern of overpaying for that one year wonder . Backes and Foligno bring concerns around overpaying for character/heavy game in older players

Reactions: bbfan419

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Thank you for the graph, it is informative. It also has Grizz making 3.2M so I would be interested to know how they came up with that number.

I would assume this is a largely mathematical calculation based on stats, and probably not just 23/24 stats. Look at over 2 years Gryz is at +59 . I wouldn't be shocked if someone gives him that. Especially if they give him somewhat of a pass for this year due to injuries

Reactions: bob77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad