Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Lacked finishers. Yes. Tough enough
No. Personally I will end "ridiculous toughness thing" when I feel they are tough enough.

Add Zadarov, Duhaime and Joshua and they will be tough enough
Yeah not sure how he thinks the Bruins were tough enough,they got bigger but not tougher,forwards aren’t afraid to go into the corners against Bruins D .

capecodder

Jan 16, 2020
I have to ask what exactly is wrong with PLD?? Got the tools, is it a mental thing that can be worked on or is he really too far gone. Seems someone should have been able to talk to him

Reactions: GloveSave1

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I have to ask what exactly is wrong with PLD?? Got the tools, is it a mental thing that can be worked on or is he really too far gone. Seems someone should have been able to talk to him

Someone can talk to him. doesn't mean he will listen. Three teams have already invested hugely in him

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What does LA have for goaltending in the pipeline?

Sounds like they were close to moving Linus there at the deadline.

Given that they have cap space this season, I’d be happy with a package including this years #1, picks and prospects, so they might have a guy or two who may be ready to contribute cheaply in 2/3 years when they probably won’t have as much cap space.
It was also reported not LA

Colorado was mentioned

Sweeney & Fitzgerald worked together havs Bruins DNA

I doubt after all that he development on Frederic they move him but you never know

I’d love to figure out a C so
Frederic - Coyle- Geekie
Can be a super big skilled third line

I thought Coyle was a beast physically in playoffs

The penalty he got for slugging Tkachuk skating by was on one hand ill timed but honestly I loved it - it looked like he broke Tkachuk watching his face

Peeke also was not taking crap from the irritating Panthers shitsturbers

Maurice acknowledged Bruins are tough and physical discussing series and Rangers a different animal

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Perhaps tough enough, certainly not talented enough, as basically you spend most of the money upgrading toughness. Leaving not enough to solve their #1 center, or second line wing needs
TSN reporting cap of 87.7, if you move Ullmark Bruins have 26M in cap space. Duhaime is 1.5-2.m, Joshua probably 3.5-4m so call it 6 for them combined. Sway is 7-8m. No Zadarov. Lindholm 8, leaves 4 for a wing with no other moves.

You get a number 1 center, number 3 LW with size grit and some scoring ability and a 4th line wing with speed and a great, gritty attitude. Can also add Sherwood or another gritty 4th liner in place of Joshua giving 6+ for a top 6 wing or center. Stephenson probably takes that.
Lindholm
Stephenson
Coyle/Fredric
Beecher
That's pretty good depth at center.

Reactions: Gordoff and Bodit9

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I won't trade him within the division, unless it is an absurd overpayment. But I am willing to send him to the other division

I'd probably do this. I like Freddy a lot, but he will get pretty expensive after next year,
Devils and Bruins a great match

And GM are likely always talking

Do you want to help NJ though

Frederic seems like the second he won a he 7th player turned it up a notch

Hard to believe one year ago Monty scratched him in the infamous game 5

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

He should have scratched him in game 6 against Florida he was terrible

Reactions: Gordoff and Yeti34

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I always said the same thing, Dubois as a top C in the Bs team will be an happy guy and probably the best forward of this group...after Pasta yes but last playoffs i ve seen Dubois played with the Jets he was by far the best player and a real horse...he was dangerous...Pasta this playoffs was not dangerous
DB was not by himself like Pasta. No comparison.

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
It was also reported not LA

Colorado was mentioned

Sweeney & Fitzgerald worked together havs Bruins DNA

I doubt after all that he development on Frederic they move him but you never know

I’d love to figure out a C so
Frederic - Coyle- Geekie
Can be a super big skilled third line

I thought Coyle was a beast physically in playoffs

The penalty he got for slugging Tkachuk skating by was on one hand ill timed but honestly I loved it - it looked like he broke Tkachuk watching his face

Peeke also was not taking crap from the irritating Panthers shitsturbers

Maurice acknowledged Bruins are tough and physical discussing series and Rangers a different animal

I’d love that third line.

Perfect world for me:

Zacha - Lindholm - Pasta
Marchand - Stephenson/Monahan - JDB
Frederic - Coyle - Geekie
Lauko/Merkulov - Beecher - Brazeau

Not likely, but not impossible.

Just gotta hope Lindholm is pulled here by the chance to play with Pasta and Zacha and one of Monahan or Stephenson will take a million or so less than they might get somewhere else for the chance at a cup.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Swayman? I heard Ty Anderson (I think it was him) say that it's going to be $8 million Xs 8 years. he said that in the next few years it won't look too bad because the Cap is projected to go up to around $100 million. Said the "league is floating in money" between advertisements and expansion.
That seems heavy for Swayman who hasn't carried a full load through a season yet.

Reactions: bbfan419

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Swayman? I heard Ty Anderson (I think it was him) say that it's going to be $8 million Xs 8 years. he said that in the next few years it won't look too bad because the Cap is projected to go up to around $100 million. Said the "league is floating in money" between advertisements and expansion.
I think we need to take this into account when we see some contracts this summer. Zadorov getting $6 would be like him getting 4.5 not that long ago.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Why?
Bertuzzi's short run last year, was very encouraging. He plays more of a B's style than Toronto.(net crashing, good board work)
I don't think he was ever a good fit for the Leafs.
Jake is a better 2 way player, but inconsistent is an understatement.

Just curious, I'm not the only one here that would take Bert back
I'd have no issue bringing Bert back for the right price but 6 per is not the right price

Reactions: bbfan419

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

If you can get someone like Mercer, I think the Bruins have to do it. The Bruins should go after Dakota Joshua in free agency before the move though to bolster that 3rd line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad