Boston Bruins 2024-25 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
People saying it was PLD for Ullmark but wasn't it conformed by a reputable. source that it was actually Matt Roy that would be the guy heading this way for Ullmark in that trade that didn't happen? Either way Ullmark needs to go, Swayman is the man now and deserves every penny he gets. I see Vezinas in his future. We've been spoiled in Boston to have great goalies to build around, some teams struggle for years and years to find solid, reliable goaltending...
Yeah, can’t really “confirm it” I guess…

Ullmark being traded is the biggest no brainer in the history of mankind. It’s a given. The only question is exactly how much money is going to go to Swayman.

Reactions: Gordoff

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Ullmark being traded is the biggest no brainer in the history of mankind. It’s a given. The only question is exactly how much money is going to go to Swayman.
The price point for Swayman contract may make it a Brainer versus a No Brainer. Personally I don't like overpriced players, especially goalies.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Stick him with Marchand and Pasta and he’d be fine. Never had the right fit.

Risk it for the biscuit. Heh
Last two seasons:

Pierre-Luc Dubios
155 games, 43 goals, 60 assists, 103 points

Pavel Zacha
160 games, 42 goals, 74 assists, 116 points

Charlie Coyle
164 games, 41 goals, 64 assists, 105 points

Dubois wouldn't move the needle much for the Bruins, IMO.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Last two seasons:

Pierre-Luc Dubios

Pavel Zacha

Charlie Coyle

It doesn't make your point any less valid, but the thing that keeps sticking out for me is that game where he bullied the entire Bruins team by himself two or three years ago.

Last edited:

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
The price point for Swayman contract may make it a Brainer versus a No Brainer. Personally I don't like overpriced players, especially goalies.
Blank check imo. It’s his first big contract so it isn’t gonna be one hundred bajillion bazillion dollars…it’s DS…it will be fine.
Last two seasons:

Pierre-Luc Dubios

Pavel Zacha

Charlie Coyle

Untapped potential. …haha.

Talk to DS.

Definitely a risky move. But there are only so many dance partners.

If the Bruins lose out on Lindholm, trade Linus for futures, and end up with a vanilla center im gonna be ripped.

When you trade Linus you gotta take a swing. I’m definitely in the camp this team can be built into a winner before Marchand hangs it up.

Rip it.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008

I don't think he'll be asking for the moon. He had a great season and playoffs but he's still relatively unproven over a long stretch and as a bonafide starter carrying a team without a #1b right there for relief... At the same time he's still earned a nice contract. My guess would be long term at 5.5 which I'd be more than happy with especially shedding Ullmarks contract.

Reactions: GloveSave1

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I want to get some big dudes who can play some hockey on this team. Someone like elias lindholm down the middle or sean monahan. On the backend id go heavy after zadorov. I want some guys who can play some hockey like them

I don't think he'll be asking for the moon. He had a great season and playoffs but he's still relatively unproven over a long stretch and as a bonafide starter carrying a team without a #1b right there for relief... At the same time he's still earned a nice contract. My guess would be long term at 5.5 which I'd be more than happy with especially shedding Ullmarks contract.

I think hes gonna want something in the 7-9m range

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Last two seasons:

Pierre-Luc Dubios

Pavel Zacha

Charlie Coyle

I disagree. Dubois to my recollection is a downhill player. He’ll make a difference in a playoff series, he does well in the playoffs

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Here's a bit of a crazy proposal you guys may bash me for.

To Bos: Tavares with 3 million retained

To Tor: Ullmark

Both players on expiring deals. Salaries evened out with retention. If we waited until July 1st I believe his signing bonus kicks in and the B's would only have to pay 900k in actual salary which would be appealing for ownership lol. The massive risk is that they'd finally have a proper goalie. How bad an idea is this lol

Reactions: bbfan419

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Here's a bit of a crazy proposal you guys may bash me for.

To Bos: Tavares with 3 million retained

To Tor: Ullmark

Both players on expiring deals. Salaries evened out with retention. If we waited until July 1st I believe his signing bonus kicks in and the B's would only have to pay 900k in actual salary which would be appealing for ownership lol. The massive risk is that they'd finally have a proper goalie. How bad an idea is this lol

Nope, Don't want to see Ullmark in Toronto for the next 6 years. i fully expect he will get an extension wherever he goes.

And while Tavarez would be the #1 Center in Boston, he is a very short term fix, and doesn't make them contenders, especially with how much better it makes Toronto

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
I want to get some big dudes who can play some hockey on this team. Someone like elias lindholm down the middle or sean monahan. On the backend id go heavy after zadorov. I want some guys who can play some hockey like them

I think hes gonna want something in the 7-9m range
I highly doubt it in my opinion.. He needs a couple of seasons with the reigns to himself and be a top tier goalie with a Vezina nomination to ask for anywhere near 9 million dollars. Shesterkin makes 5.5, Oettinger makes 4 and Demko makes 5. All comparable contracts when signed to where Swayman is now.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I’m really not seeing where we’re going to get a number one center from. I don’t think that guy is on the market, nor are any teams trading them.

But, I think we have some really good pieces that we can improve around. Much as I appreciate what Heinen, JVR, and a few others did this year. Adding higher end talent to the top of the forward lineup moves the needle, maybe enough.

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
I’m really not seeing where we’re going to get a number one center from. I don’t think that guy is on the market, nor are any teams trading them.

But, I think we have some really good pieces that we can improve around. Much as I appreciate what Heinen, JVR, and a few others did this year. Adding higher end talent to the top of the forward lineup moves the needle, maybe enough.
Moving McAvoy is the best way to get one. Not sure they have the guts to do that though.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Only way I have interest in PLD is if he gets bought out or if the kings are retaining on the majority of his upcoming extension and we barely send any assets over- get him at like 4.25 per

With that new extension kicking in you could make the argument he’s the least valuable player in the league

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Dream scenario would be to find a young center to go with pasta. I’d even “lose a trade” to solidify that. I like Lindholm but I don’t think it adds up just with his age and cost.

I know people would say well then what is available and I don’t know and that’s why I would overpay to get someone in the age range of pasta/sway/mcavoy. But they need a center and a top 6 wing on top of keeping Debrusk(at the right price).
I feel like people are really underestimating just how solid of a player Elias Lindholm is. I know it would be ideal to get a young center to play with Pasta but even at his age, he fits like a glove.

There is some recency bias because he had a down year but Calgary is rebuilding and just not very good...not to mention he then got hurt when he went to Vancouver. At the same time, people contribute a lot of his success by playing with Tkachuk and Gaudreau.

At the end of the day, he's not a 40pt player like he was this year and he's not a 80 pt player like he was with those two stars...he's more of less somewhere in the middle, which is kind of funny because since 2018, he's averaged exactly 60 pts a season

add his defense and face-off ability and you have a really valuable center.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I highly doubt it in my opinion.. He needs a couple of seasons with the reigns to himself and be a top tier goalie with a Vezina nomination to ask for anywhere near 9 million dollars. Shesterkin makes 5.5, Oettinger makes 4 and Demko makes 5. All comparable contracts when signed to where Swayman is now.
Shesterkin will be 29 at end of his contract. Rather give Swayman 7 now and carry thru 33 years old. Also why antagonize him again?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad