2024-25 Roster…too soon?

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Personally I have no interest in Marner. His next deal is going to be 12 mil+

We aren't in win now mode. Maybe in 2 years we can look for our Hossa type to add to our young core.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Why do you assume he wouldn't know?

You tell him you have no interest in re-signing him and ask him which playoff teams he'd be interested in joining.
Would actually be kind of perfect for Marner. He can play his game without media pressure and decide where he wants to go.

Chicago is the perfect balance of a big market team’s resources with very forgiving media. Even Mark Lazarus (probably our “toughest” reporter) would seem very tame compared to the heat he got from Toronto’s hockey media.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

You tell him you have no interest in re-signing him and ask him which playoff teams he'd be interested in joining.
Which playoff teams have room to take on 11 million in Marner without significantly altering their roster?

Marner probably gives the Leafs a couple teams he’ll accept a trade to and that’s it. He's not ending up in Columbus or some other small market team either.

Reactions: Pez68

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Which playoff teams have room to take on 11 million in Marner without significantly altering their roster?

Marner probably gives the Leafs a couple teams he’ll accept a trade to and that’s it. He's not ending up in Columbus or some other small market team either.
Just about any playoff would gladly take Marner at 50% retention

• Haha
Reactions: Pez68

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Toronto isn’t retaining 50% on him, they believe they’re a cup team, that would be punting on the season for them.
Toronto doesn’t have a window with Marner and Tavares at their current cap hits. Next year is probably a wash for them anyways

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Toronto isn’t retaining 50% on him, they believe they’re a cup team, that would be punting on the season for them.
I don't think you're following the conversation here.

We were discussing Marner coming to Chicago, and Chicago flipping him at the deadline.

Reactions: Drumman44

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

Ahh like Patrick Kane. And when Mitch Marner gives the Hawks that one team he will accept a trade to, and they lowball the Hawks like the Rangers did (yay we got Martin Misiak for Patrick Kane!!) - then what?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Ahh like Patrick Kane. And when Mitch Marner gives the Hawks that one team he will accept a trade to, and they lowball the Hawks like the Rangers did (yay we got Martin Misiak for Patrick Kane!!) - then what?
Literally the entire point of this is getting rid of Seth Jones.

If Mitch Marner fetches a 2nd round pick at the deadline, I couldn't care less.

The amount of dense replies...

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
A few predictions based on the game behind the game.

Newport Sports is Bedard’s agency. Who else is represented by Newport? I’m glad you asked. The two players who just got signed to multi year “overpays” for their leadership. None other than Nick Foligno and Jason Dickinson.

Anyone else repped by Newport? Jarred Tinordi and Wyatt Kaiser.

Hot take jump to conclusion? Jarred Tinordi will be resigned and Wyatt Kaiser will be with the big club.

Any other connections? Well. Josh Bailey is a Newport client. Corey Perry is a client. That stuff went away quietly and all worked out great for Mr. Perry.

Yea, but Newport is huge. Every team must have tons of their clients. Granted this is true they have 116 clients. But if you want to find out FA or trade acquisitions a great place to start would be on the Newport player page.

TLDR: the Tkachuks are coming to the Hawks.

Attachments

• IMG_2942.jpeg
    IMG_2942.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 2

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
For example, Christian Fisher is a Newport client AND a Chicago kid. He will be a Hawk this offseason guaranteed.

Paul Ludwinski is also a client. Based on 116 players at Newport and roughly 800 players in the NHL. This implies 4.6 players per team.

Bedard Ludwinski Kaiser
Foligno Perry Bailey Dickinson Tinordi.

Brady Skjei and Steven Stamkos are clients. I’m deep down this rabbit hole.

Reactions: Malaka

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
For example, Christian Fisher is a Newport client AND a Chicago kid. He will be a Hawk this offseason guaranteed.

Paul Ludwinski is also a client. Based on 116 players at Newport and roughly 800 players in the NHL. This implies 4.6 players per team.

Bedard Ludwinski Kaiser

I could see Christian Fischer getting signed to an inexpensive cheap contract.

He's a 4th liner, but in Chicago he'd probably get to play up the lineup in addition to being in his hometown.

Reactions: Malaka

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I have no interest in Marner. However, I would love to be the 3rd party that moves Marner. From a poster on the Leafs bor:
“The Marner and Tavares deals don't have to be difficult.

Marner:
To DAL: Marner (50% retained) (+2.25M)
To CHI: Liljegren, DAL 24 1st, Faksa, 50% of Marner's salary (+4.25M)
To TOR: Stankoven, Murphy (-6.5M)”
Good deal for CHI and TOR but not for DAL, Stankoven if he had played the whole season could have been a rookie of the year candidate…

Reactions: Muffinalt

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I have no interest in Marner. However, I would love to be the 3rd party that moves Marner. From a poster on the Leafs bor:
“The Marner and Tavares deals don't have to be difficult.

Marner:
To DAL: Marner (50% retained) (+2.25M)
To CHI: Liljegren, DAL 24 1st, Faksa, 50% of Marner's salary (+4.25M)
To TOR: Stankoven, Murphy (-6.5M)”

Dallas hangs up phone

Marner 1 year away from UFA, Full NMC, nearly 11M salary and teams knowing Leafs are against wall the value Leafs will get won't be what they would have gotten a year ago

I can't see Marner back in Toronto at this point let alone extended after this latest playoff failure. A culture/Lockeroom shock trade is what is best for Leafs even if value will be less

For Leafs gaining cap room to address other needs also must be considered as result from any Marner deal

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Bedard Ludwinski Kaiser

I was really high on Fischer his draft year and with the Coyotes. I'd be fine with him in a depth role that can play up the lineup.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009

Marner is not going to waive to be traded to Chicago because he would have no idea which, if any, Stanley Cup contenders would be interested in and able to acquire him from Chicago at the deadline.

In other words, Toronto would be asking him to waive without giving him any kind of guarantee that he would be joining a contender of any merit.

Why would he do that?

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Marner is not going to waive to be traded to Chicago because he would have no idea which, if any, Stanley Cup contenders would be interested in and able to acquire him from Chicago at the deadline.

In other words, Toronto would be asking him to waive without giving him any kind of guarantee that he would be joining a contender of any merit.

Why would he do that?
It does feel unlikely. But at the same time, playing with Connor Bedard in your 'going in to free agency' season isn't the worst thing in the world.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

Why would he do that?
So you’re saying it’s going to be three way deal then, which also makes a lot of sense.

We’d be the broker of 5.5 million (50% retained) and get a really nice asset out of it.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
If by some miracle Chicago brought back Kane I'd also love to see them bring back Domi so both could be Bedard's wingers. I think Domi-Bedard-Kane could look sick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad