2024-25 Roster…too soon?

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Pretty sure he just said last week he may play until he is 40.

My guess is that it was Faulkner and Danny that decided Kane was leaving, not Kyle. But who knows.

I'm hoping whoever decided it has changed their mind and they make it happen. This team needs Kaner. The fanbase needs Kaner. And more than anything, Bedard needs Kaner.
Just like Kane and Panarin shouldn’t have, Kane and Bedard should not be together 5 on 5.

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
If Hawks desired to bring him back I would offer 2 x 7M with full NMC and is named captain

Kane will have several contenders interested in him though or Sabres if he desires to go play for his hometown
Enough with the Sabres already, that organization is a trainwreck. I understand he is from there, but hell to the no with playing there at this point of his career. His parents and family can fly to any game they want

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
After Vlasic’s signing, the Hawks have 53.86 million on the cap next year. Reichel and Anderson need extensions, as well as two or three D spots, which may very well be taken by Kaiser, EDM or Allan who are all dirt cheap.

Let’s say we go young on the D, and Reichel and Anderson both get 1.5 million short term extensions. That would put us at about 60 million, cap floor is 67 million. So definitely have to go spend money in free agency or find a trade.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
After Vlasic’s signing, the Hawks have 53.86 million on the cap next year. Reichel and Anderson need extensions, as well as two or three D spots, which may very well be taken by Kaiser, EDM or Allan who are all dirt cheap.

Let’s say we go young on the D, and Reichel and Anderson both get 1.5 million short term extensions. That would put us at about 60 million, cap floor is 67 million. So definitely have to go spend money in free agency or find a trade.
Two of
Tyler Bertuzzi
Anthony Duclair
Jordan Martinook
Daniel Sprong
would work

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
How about
Patrick Kane or Steven Stamkos

two of Tyler Bertuzzi, Daniel Sprong, Anthony Duclair or Jordan Matinook

Chris Driedger or Laurent Brossoit

Brendan Dillon and or Dylan DeMelo

Five UFAs to make this team competitive

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Bah gawd that's Patrick Kane money!

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Just talking about the rebuild.

Hawks have made lots of high picks this past 2-3 years.
We've already seen Reichel, Kaiser, Slaggert and Vlasic in the NHL. They can keep up in different roles.
There are still some player expected to make the jump like Allen, Dach and Del Mastro while recent 1st rounders Nazar and Korchinski started to play in the NHL. We still don't know about 2 1st rounders (Moore, Rinzel) and 5 2nd rounders in the past 2 Drafts.

That's a good base when considering there is another Top 5 Pick coming, another 1st rounder and 3 2nd round picks.

this is a good base with lots of high picks and talented players. Not all will make it but we haven't talked about later round picks that might make it.

and then there is that #1 guy that will be the cornerstone we already have. Getting Bedard helped this team to save 1 year of the rebuild.

Just looking at all the young talent and the picks that are still to be made I expect them to trade some of it if there is a player (24 or younger) that will help this rebuild to end faster. There won't be enough room for all the prospects and we will see some guys getting moved.
Signing big money UFAs won't happen this or next offseason, but moving prospects for proven young NHL talent is possible.

Hawks should be a PO Team in 2 years and then need to get better. Guys like Farabee would be 26/27 yo and there is nothing wrong with it.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
looks like P kane just posted on his twitter a sort of good by to Detroit. 3-4 year deal at $5-6mil? if he tells DET he does not want to resign I wonder if you could see DET trading his rights to Chicago? for a late pick or mid prospect. my Guess is if chcago is a option for both him and KD it could happen pretty quick. IE Im sure he does not want to move back to CHI to just move again in july or AUG
I believe Kane wants to stay in Detroit and Yzerman wants to keep him but Raymond and Seider need new contracts and had they 4 (or even 6) ufas and they can't keep them all.

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
Considering they played a chunk of this season without Perry, Hall, AA, and Murphy and with an additional $8M in dead cap, they were playing most nights with $7M below the cap FLOOR! Plus another $9.5m of that was for Tyler Johnson and Nikita Zaitsev who also spend a good amount of time on IR and aren't necessarily worth that money.

As of right now for next season, with the 8 forwards, 4 defensemen, and 2 goalies signed for next year plus the $3M or whatever in dead cap, the hawks still have to spend about $13M just to get to the FLOOR.

They could easily bring up Kaiser, EDM, Allan all on ELCs less than $1M to fill in the defense roster gap and Reichel probably gets $1.5M but either they could overpay to bring back guys like Anderson, Blackwell, Entwistle, etc. I really hope they don't do that and somehow convince some real NHL players to come here with all that money.

I could see bringing in guys to fit in the ~4-6M range like Debrusk or Marchessault or even Joshua. I like the idea of bringing in Tanev too so KK has someone competent to play with. But I also like the idea of asking Toronto about Tavares. He still has some game with 1 year of $11M left and they have some cap issues. They'd probably have to convince him to come here but he just might and only cost them like a 3rd or something

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Considering they played a chunk of this season without Perry, Hall, AA, and Murphy and with an additional $8M in dead cap, they were playing most nights with $7M below the cap FLOOR! Plus another $9.5m of that was for Tyler Johnson and Nikita Zaitsev who also spend a good amount of time on IR and aren't necessarily worth that money.

As of right now for next season, with the 8 forwards, 4 defensemen, and 2 goalies signed for next year plus the $3M or whatever in dead cap, the hawks still have to spend about $13M just to get to the FLOOR.

They could easily bring up Kaiser, EDM, Allan all on ELCs less than $1M to fill in the defense roster gap and Reichel probably gets $1.5M but either they could overpay to bring back guys like Anderson, Blackwell, Entwistle, etc. I really hope they don't do that and somehow convince some real NHL players to come here with all that money.

I could see bringing in guys to fit in the ~4-6M range like Debrusk or Marchessault or even Joshua. I like the idea of bringing in Tanev too so KK has someone competent to play with. But I also like the idea of asking Toronto about Tavares. He still has some game with 1 year of $11M left and they have some cap issues. They'd probably have to convince him to come here but he just might and only cost them like a 3rd or something
Overpay and Anderson, Blackwell and especially Entwhistle should not be in the same sentence.

Reactions: Pez68

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
(To me) they need a real top line talent who plays the type of game that fits well alongside Bedard. Kane is not it. He’s too much like Bedard.
I could see Kane on a different line (with Nazar?)
Then add a winger who is top 6 material and capable at both ends to play with Bedard.
Kurashev and another filler round out the top 6.
Adding 3 guys (Nazar all year and 2 UFA/trade guys) bumps 3 guys who saw top 6 ice down the lineup. And 3 guys go bye-bye.
I feel that team has playoff potential but isn’t yet a contender.
I don’t add anything on D. Play the kids with Jones and Murphy. Our D prospects are of a very high level.
Play them! They need play time to improve.
Mrazek (looking at numbers) had an outstanding year consider The team in front of him. I also likely start the year with Soda as the backup. Give him 25/30/35 starts depending on how he responds

feichter33

Mar 25, 2013
I know we have Mrazek, but do you think we should talk to NYI about Sorokin? Clearly Roy favours Varly.

As for others, Debrusk, Pacioretty? Mantha cheap enough?? How would Duclair pair with Nazar or C2? I like Wennberg down the middle. I also don't hate Alex Martinez on d, but it would be short term. Just looking for lower cost options.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
I know but they gotta get to the floor somehow
Go into free agency and sign a top 6 winger, a middle 6 center and decent bottomish pair (I would prefer someone more in the #4/5 range than a #6/7 type) RHD and you are easily over the cap floor. Plenty of contracts like Hall, Dickinson, Zaitsev, Bailey that teams will gladly give you both the needed cap hit and an asset for the trouble. Getting to the cap floor is an absolute and utter myth.

Reactions: Muffinalt

OTC

Jul 11, 2018

Joshua will add some grit. Reinhardt if he doesn't resign with Florida. Like to see one or two of Domi//Teravaiinen/ Pesce

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Signing Kane and Stamkos to 3 year deals would be a dream come true. It'll be real interesting seeing what KD does this offseason regarding bolstering the forward unit. He's gotta recognize we have 2-3 seasons of cap space without consequence so hopefully he uses that to cushion all these kids coming up. I'm fine picking in the 7-12 range from here on out while these kids get better. Enough of this always being the worst team on the ice nonsense. That time has come and gone.

Also don't think it makes sense to trade our 1st for a Farabee type. Maybe our 2nd rounders but that 1st still has a lot of value at 19 or 20 so we should overpay in free agency to fill the squad out IMHO

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I just want to say

No Domi!

Do not revist Domi as FA this offseason

He is a moron

Nice of him to gift B's PP just now that Marchand cashes in on to make it 2-0 B's

And now he is trying to get another penalty called on him

Signing Kane and Stamkos to 3 year deals would be a dream come true. It'll be real interesting seeing what KD does this offseason regarding bolstering the forward unit. He's gotta recognize we have 2-3 seasons of cap space without consequence so hopefully he uses that to cushion all these kids coming up. I'm fine picking in the 7-12 range from here on out while these kids get better. Enough of this always being the worst team on the ice nonsense. That time has come and gone.

Also don't think it makes sense to trade our 1st for a Farabee type. Maybe our 2nd rounders but that 1st still has a lot of value at 19 or 20 so we should overpay in free agency to fill the squad out IMHO

Trading for a 24 yr old top 6 LW locked in at $5M for next 4 years >>>>> Mystery box of a late mid round 1st

This team needs to improve now which Farabee would do and he can be part of core

And Stamkos is already showing signs of decline. Away from TB he is going to fall off cliff IMO so no thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad