2024-25 Roster…too soon?

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Yeah I want to avoid this.

I made fun of all of those premature signings while Sens fans were parading and throwing parties for Dorion in the streets.

Look where they are now.
Keep in mind Sens are a franchise that has lost star player after star player over the years. Having players want to stay in Ottawa was a W for them

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
They also held on to one of the worst coaches I have ever seen for about three years too long. That had a huge impact on everything.
Agreed. Expect them and Buffalo to improve a lot next year just off of new coaches

Berube or Todd McLellan would be great fits for both teams

Poorly coached teams usually have no structure and both teams did not play up to the talent they have accumulated on the backend

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019

Another reason why Anderson is probably being brought back.

What a terrible argument to make if you want to bring Anderson back.

He's a black hole offensively. You shouldn't bring up his primary assist totals to make a case for him.

He's a 4th liner at best. Make a case that he's a better shut down player than X, Y and Z and should be brought back in a depth role.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Debating over Joey Anderson

This is gonna be a long offseason...
Well it is the 2024-25 roster discussion...

Anderson had a legitimately pretty good year, established himself as an NHL player.

406 Forwards appeared in at least 40 NHL games. Anderson's 5 on 5 Scoring per 60 was 230th, while being good defensively and killing penalties, while playing for a dogsh*t team... and only 2 of his points were secondary assists (5 goals, 10 primary assists)....That's a solid 3rd liner. There's no reason to throw that away at a time when there's no real rush.

12 Blackhawk Forwards hit the 40 game threshold. 5 on 5 scoring per 60.

Bedard - 1.95
Donato - 1.64
Dickinson - 1.59
Anderson - 1.52
Kurashev - 1.42
Blackwell - 1.11
Foligno - 1.05
Reichel - 1.01
Entwistle - 0.93
T. Johnson - 0.81
R. Johnson - 0.75
Raddysh - 0.61

Reactions: ClydeLee

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Patrick Kane is not returning to the Wings…

Sprong bedard Kane <- terrible defense I know
Hall Nazar Domi <- solid
Kurashev Dickinson Athanasiou<- very solid
Reichel foligno Anderson <- Reichel left in no man’s land
Guttman

Vlasic Pesce <- scared of pesce term… but 0 goals allowed on season
korchinski Jones <- potential yikes
Kaiser Murphy <- trade Murphy at deadline to make space for Levshunov
EDM

Came out to 73 millions with 10+ mill in cap space for me in capfriendly. Traded Donato for scraps.

Team finishes 20th in NHL.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
And before the folks come for me for adding Kane… I can’t pretend it isn’t a possibility anymore. When Elliott Friedman is talking about it, and Yzerman and Kane held a joint funeral for his time in Detroit. It will be the biggest conversation on this board until July 1

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

Kane led the Wings with seven GWGs this year, nice!
Bring him home!

Realistically, where else would he go? He’s got a young family, I doubt he wants to go far. Rangers don’t want him back. The two most familiar places left for him are Buffalo and Chicago. And we happen to have a gaping hole at first line wing with a lot of cash to spend.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Bertuzzi - Bedard - Kurashev
Hall - Nazar - Foligno
Reichel - Stephenson - AA
Slaggert - Dickinson - Anderson
Donato

Vlasic - Jones
Del Mastro/Kaiser - Murphy
Korchinski - Lyubushkin
Megna

Mrazek
Stalock

Feel like this is a nice conservative approach. Needs are clear with 1-2 middle six type forwards, a depth RHD and a backup goalie. One kid on each line/pair surrounded by vets.

Maybe those are filled with Hall like trades and not UFAs.

The Kane situation is interesting because there really aren't that many options for him without the Red Wings and Rangers. Unfortunately I'm not sure KD wants him back, which is a bummer... He would be amazing for the next 2-3 years to bring us along.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Bring him home!

Realistically, where else would he go? He’s got a young family, I doubt he wants to go far. Rangers don’t want him back. The two most familiar places left for him are Buffalo and Chicago. And we happen to have a gaping hole at first line wing with a lot of cash to spend.

We also have to get to the cap floor.

I don't think any contending team is going to give him 5-7 mil per season. We could easily do that on a 2-3 year deal.

He'd be a great influence on Nazar. Swag Sr. helping Swag Jr. along.

Sign Kane and Duclair. Get a back up and maybe a 3rd paid D.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
It was too bad they didn’t have Hall, Athanasiou, Murphy and Bedard for a full season…Hall for me will be like a free agent signing next season

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Gotta imagine Kane heads to Buffalo
While I'm sure it's one of the more likelier destinations for him, the last thing that team needs is wingers.

And they've got some big extensions kicking in.

So we'll see how they use that cap space. I don't think winger is a priority.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hawks need to shop Jones, he doesn't seem like the vet you want around this team...KD should be patient with the rebuild and he's smart for the 1-2 year extensions until the kids come, Jones seems annoyed with being a Hawk based on his exit interview with media today....does he realize the rebuild was started because the team he was on after a pretty big offseason where they acquired himself, MAF and Tyler Johnson and then had like a 12 game losing streak to start a season and ultimately the new regime blew the whole thing up...the team now isn't the team he walked into, get these disgruntled vets out of here and replace them with more youth...we'll take a couple cases of red dog and a gift card to pole cats for him

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Kevin Musto, Alex Vlasic's biggest fan.
c6efa1e2dc12d6f2b58575c1fb9a9a3e.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad