2024-25 Roster…too soon?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I don't want to give up on Big Lou just yet. I know he sucks right now. He might still be waiver-exempt next season because it took him longer than his age to get drafted and signed to an ELC. Just that combo of gigantoid size and a right handed shot, while actually being able to move decently well.. says keep him around and see what happens.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Watching Kings I feel Matt Roy should be Hawks big push in offseason FA

RD
Proven Top 4
Would be good potential partner for Korchinski

Hawks have cap room that overpaying for Roy would not hurt them (I expect him to one of the most sought defenders on market)

Vlasic-Jones
Korchinski-Roy
Kaiser-Murphy

Allan and Del Mastro I assume start next season again in AHL
As much as I’d love Roy (especially since he played at Michigan tech), he’s probably going to command too much term

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Watching Kings I feel Matt Roy should be Hawks big push in offseason FA

RD
Proven Top 4
Would be good potential partner for Korchinski

Hawks have cap room that overpaying for Roy would not hurt them (I expect him to one of the most sought defenders on market)

Vlasic-Jones
Korchinski-Roy
Kaiser-Murphy

Allan and Del Mastro I assume start next season again in AHL
He’s gonna have a ton of suitors but if you can add him you do it. He’s a very good player. Kings D seem to excel elsewhere. Walker has had a big year. Martinez and Mcnabb both have been studs in Vegas

Speaking of Walker. Another suitable option. He’s looked very good with Colorado. He would add some punch offensively from our backend without being a liability

Last edited:
Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
IMG_0050.png

For your viewing. There aren’t a ton of great options tbh, and a lot of teams looking for defensive help, it’ll be ripe for being overpaid.

The way I look at it, our top 4 will be Jones, Vlasic, Korch and Murphy (health permitting). Kaiser, Allan and EDM under contract for next year. Crevier and Phillips should be re-signed, they’re RFA, youngish and cheap depth.

There’s 5 guys right there competing for that bottom pairing and maybe 7th D spot. So not expecting any big signings. Looking at depth like Aho or Chatfield.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
i was always quietly high on alex vlasic’s supply, but i can take no credit because my optimism was based solely on him being big, and so i didn’t think i should call my shot beforehand.

shame that kirby didn’t work out, but they got a pretty excellent 2019 consolation prize in vlasic.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Vlasic went from a meh prospect to one of the most underrated defensive defenseman in the league over a summer.
I've said it before but Vlasic brings the same attributes that past Blackhawk (Bill White ) brought. Bill White was considered one of the top defensive defencemen in the game and was a key to beating the Russians in 1972 for Canada .

Reactions: ray c

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I've said it before but Vlasic brings the same attributes that past Blackhawk (Bill White ) brought. Bill White was considered one of the top defensive defencemen in the game and was a key to beating the Russians in 1972 for Canada .

Damn, you're old....

View attachment 840212
Basically what we already knew, but Vlasic is being asked an impossible task this year. I still say lock him up for 8 years.

Where are you, Seth Jones??

• Haha
Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Draft Artyom Levshunov

Trade
Tampa 1st Reichel and Vancouver 2nd for Necas signed 7x7

Sign
Stephenson 3 years 7 million
Arvidsson 1 year 6 million
Edmundson 1 year 3 million
Samsonov 1 year 2.5 million

Kurashev-Bedard-Necas
Hall-Stephenson-Arvidsson
Slaggert-Dickinson-Anthansiou
Donato-Blackwell-Anderson
Raddysh

Vlasic-Jones
Korchinski-Murphy
Edmundson-Levshunov
Kaiser

Mrazek
Samsonov

Del Mastro Greene Dach Hayes Allen Ludwinski and Nazar in Rockford

Last edited:

giza

Jul 19, 2011
That's a pretty damn good lineup....love Necas and Stephenson adds....if Edmundson has anything left in the tank, that would be a a great tough d man add too.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Draft Artyom Levshunov

Trade
Tampa 1st Reichel and Vancouver 2nd for Necas signed 7x7

Sign
Stephenson 3 years 7 million
Arvidsson 1 year 6 million
Edmundson 1 year 3 million
Samsonov 1 year 2.5 million

Kurashev-Bedard-Necas
Hall-Stephenson-Arvidsson