Rumor: 2024-2025 Trade Rumors and Free Agency - Offseason Edition

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Nemec is the piece you target in New Jersey if Rantanen is going the other way.

Truthfully you could make the argument the trade would make sense. They have Hamilton + Marino on the Right side already.

Either that or Marino + 10th overall + a prospect. But I'd stand firm on Nemec.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Nemec is the piece you target in New Jersey if Rantanen is going the other way.

Truthfully you could make the argument the trade would make sense. They have Hamilton + Marino on the Right side already.

Either that or Marino + 10th overall + a prospect. But I'd stand firm on Nemec.
Marino and the rest of that would be an insane haul. I just don’t see them targeting a big scoring winger when they’ve already gone all in on Meier.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
After sleeping on it I think we are over-reacting after being eliminated.

Nichushkin will be traded this off-season. We will get pieces back in the trade.
Think of his value normally. It is a perfect contract for a legit 1st liner. GM's would kill to have him.
The value is certainly lowered by his personal problems and the suspension, but not as much as we currently fear.
There are a ton of asshole human beings and addicts playing hockey.
We will get back at least a 1st rounder in value (could be a player or a prospect).
Why he's bad for the Avs specifically is because of the loss of trust between him and our players.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Devils closed the door to any potential Rantanen trade when they signed Timo Meirs to that terrible contract

Reactions: The Moops

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Marino and the rest of that would be an insane haul. I just don’t see them targeting a big scoring winger when they’ve already gone all in on Meier.

I dunno. IMO they could still use another elite offensive winger to pair with the two Centers they have, honestly I think I'd put Mikko with Hischier, who would easily make up for Mikkos defensive shortcomings. Meier is alright but not exactly Mikko Rantanen either.

Bratt - Hughes - Meier
Palat - Hischier - Rantanen

An absolutely ridiculous Top 6, and still having Hughes/Hamilton/Siegenthaler/Nemec as your Top 4 Defense with Casey likely on the 3rd pairing if I were to guess.

And, a boat load of cap space to work with. They'd definitely need to do something with the goaltending though.

Nichushkin will be traded this off-season. We will get pieces back in the trade.
Think of his value normally. It is a perfect contract for a legit 1st liner. GM's would kill to have him.
The value is certainly lowered by his personal problems and the suspension, but not as much as we currently fear.
We will get back at least a 1st rounder in value (could be a player or a prospect).
Why he's bad for the Avs specifically is because of the loss of trust between him and our players.
Literally no chance of this lol

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The UFAs available this summer is actually pretty insane honestly. Best class in a long time it feels like. It could hurt a Mikko trade slightly, but he's also still clearly better then all of those wingers. I'd bet if the Avs made a 100+ point winger available teams would still be lining up for him.

But ya in terms of UFAs this summer, you've got:

- Reinhart coming off a 50+ goal 90+ point season.
- Stamkos
- Guentzel
- Marchessault
- DeBrusk
- Kane
- Teravainen
- Bertuzzi
- Tarasenko
- Lindholm
- Drouin
- Toffoli
- Stephenson
- Duchene

A lot of really solid Top 6 options.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
The UFAs available this summer is actually pretty insane honestly. Best class in a long time it feels like. It could hurt a Mikko trade slightly, but he's also still clearly better then all of those wingers. I'd bet if the Avs made a 100+ point winger available teams would still be lining up for him.

But ya in terms of UFAs this summer, you've got:

- Reinhart coming off a 50+ goal 90+ point season.
- Stamkos
- Guentzel
- Marchessault
- DeBrusk
- Kane
- Teravainen
- Bertuzzi
- Tarasenko
- Lindholm
- Drouin
- Toffoli
- Stephenson
- Duchene

A lot of really solid Top 6 options.

If only the Avs had some clarity before July 1st on Nuke (maybe he fails to meet the Class 3 requirements and gets his contract terminated?) and Landeskog (out until playoffs again?), they could sign a top winger, plus bring back Drouin. Say 4.2m to fill out the 4th line and bottom pairing, leaves about 11m for 2 top6 wingers. I'm not holding my breath though on Nuke/Landeskog resolutions until at least November.

88888888.jpg

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I dunno. IMO they could still use another elite offensive winger to pair with the two Centers they have, honestly I think I'd put Mikko with Hischier, who would easily make up for Mikkos defensive shortcomings. Meier is alright but not exactly Mikko Rantanen either.
I’m not a Meier fan at all, I just don’t see them paying one big winger $8.8 million long term and then set themselves up to pay another big winger what could be roughly a third more at least when he hits UFA.

Yes I do think they need a little more scoring depth, especially since they have the most fragile center tandem in hockey.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

GM Chris MacFarland is expected to speak in the near future, and there’s no doubt that these two players will be the hottest topic of conversation. The Avalanche can’t really plan their offseason until they get some clarity with what is going on.

Is there no post mortem presser already planned? Why does it take so long? @The Mars Volchenkov

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Lmao we’d have to pay to get rid of Nuke. Why would anyone pay anything of value for a guy who’s got an addiction problem so bad he’s been to the PAP 3 times in 13 months and has f***ed his team in back to back playoffs?

Reactions: The Moops

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

If the Avs do find a sucker to take Nichushkin, it'll be for pennies on the dollar.

No GM is giving up premium assets for a guy with a drug problem and has gotten caught 3 times in the last 12 months while f***ing his teammates over in B2B playoffs. Come on, now.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
I made a roster on CF trading Mikko for Jiricek and Marchenko.
Then I basically split Mikko current contract on Drouin and Marchenko.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
They would do that? Lol. I would do it in a heartbeat. Idk why Anaheim does that.

Yup. Draft Levshunov 3rd overall and there is your long term RD fix.

Well, Ducks have enough prospects and might be ready to take the next step. I wouldn't do that in their position, I'd play the longer game with youth personally. But Mikko would be an awesome get for them, and they have the cap to pay him.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Some Ducks fans would do McTavish and 3rd overall for Rantanen. Sounds pretty fair to me as a base for a deal.
Their GM wouldn't do that though. That's a crazy return.

According to Pronman Hawks at #2 are going with the top RD so 3rd overall would be Demidov, who's in the same tier as Celebrini and pretty much a guaranteed superstar.

Avs would basically get Panarin on ELC.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Their GM wouldn't do that though. That's a crazy return.

According to Pronman Hawks at #2 are going with the top RD so 3rd overall would be Demidov, who's in the same tier as Celebrini and pretty much a guaranteed superstar.

Avs would basically get Panarin on ELC.
Mikko is a proven 100+pt player though. Of course return is crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad