Blue Jays GDT: 2023 v8 | Tue, Aug 8 | @ CLE | 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT | Kikuchi vs Bibee

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I’m curious, how do you show passion while playing baseball and how can fans tell?

Orioles have 'it'...the right mix, and they know the can beat anybody. It's called swagger. You can see 'it'.

The Jays just don't. It's a rotten mix on the field and a very subdued clubhouse compared to the previous few seasons.. They never felt out of a game - they were explosive, but this year when they give up a run or 2 early, it seems like they can't respond.

Maybe Baltimore just has better players and the Jays can try harder all they want and it won’t matter.
Or maybe they have all the talent in the world, but not the will? Outside of Bo, KK, Whit.....no one is living up to career norms, and I see no urgency in any of them to change that.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Did Chapman and KK really text the GM between innings saying it’s ok to trade them tonight.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what it looks like when you pop your knee. I know because that is exactly what I looked like when it happened to me.

Don't worry, it's very unlikely to be a long term thing. I doubt it was a dislocation pop, more of strain. More of a 1 to 2 week thing, but it feels absolutely funky and painful as heck and it happens. You're terrified to so much as bend your knee because it feels like you can't bend it without the knob of the knee feeling like it wants to pierce your skin.

Hoping for the best but it could still be a tear. Maybe not as bad as a fully blown knee but a meniscus tear would take him out for a month minimum.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Definitely and that’s their problem with the bats, RISP
It’s not the only problem. They don’t hit with power consistently enough and definitely not enough with RISP (and runners on base period).

Reactions: kb

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Orioles have 'it'...the right mix, and they know the can beat anybody. It's called swagger. You can see 'it'.

The Jays just don't. It's a rotten mix on the field.

Or maybe they have all the talent in the world, but not the will? Outside of Bo, KK, Whit.....no one is living up to career norms, and I see no urgency to change that.
Springer is getting older and hasn’t had a month off this season to rest and Flop is doing what he does.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Springer is getting older and hasn’t had a month off this season to rest and Flop is doing what he does.
Why do you answer me?

I have no use for your shit takes while trolling the Leafs board as a fan of another team.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

The Jays just don't. It's a rotten mix on the field.

Or maybe they have all the talent in the world, but not the will? Outside of Bo, KK, Whit.....no one is living up to career norms, and I see no urgency to change that.

What the O’s (and Red Sox) have done to the Jays so far this season isn’t really indicative of their overall performance though. They have a similar run differential as the Jays. Offensively they might put up more runs but their starting pitching is still a red flag. And in Kyle Gibson’s case, he isn’t just beating us because he’s got this newfound Orioles aura. He was soft tossing 0s ever since he came into the league with the Twins.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
What the O’s (and Red Sox) have done to the Jays so far this season isn’t really indicative of their overall performance though. They have a similar run differential as the Jays. Offensively they might put up more runs but their starting pitching is still a red flag. And in Kyle Gibson’s case, he isn’t just beating us because he’s got this newfound Orioles aura. He was soft tossing 0s ever since he came into the league with the Twins.
The O's are in first. What they are doing is working.

What the Jays are doing is not. Bottom line.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Looked up ISO team stats and the Jays are lower than I thought so power is definitely an issue.

Just down for power. Jays have guys with a good track record of hitting dingers, just for some reason not hitting them this year.

Right knee discomfort, so far doesn't sound serious but it is early. They won't be giving us any details till after the deadline

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
OPS is alright, thye are getting on base, the average is good, but for some reason they can't hit with RISP. I don't know, seems kinda random and not ability related. Next year, same lineup could be hitting amazing with RISP. It's random

Reactions: canucksfan and kb

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The O's are in first. What they are doing is working.

What the Jays are doing is not. Bottom line.

Yes it’s easy to say that knowing the Jays have shot themselves in the foot playing the O’s and Red Sox this year.

The O’s are the most clutch team in the league, and the Jays have been one of the least clutch teams. Sooner or later the inverse will happen

Reactions: canucksfan

kb

Aug 28, 2009
OPS is alright, thye are getting on base, the average is good, but for some reason they can't hit with RISP. I don't know, seems kinda random and not ability related. Next year, same lineup could be hitting amazing with RISP. It's random
Yeah, I have never before expressed frustration about this team on here, but I can pretty much predict whether or not they will show up by team played, or by pitcher faced. It's definitely random, but after 4 months of random, one begins to wonder if it's not random anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad