Blue Jays GDT: 2023 v8 | Tue, Aug 8 | @ CLE | 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT | Kikuchi vs Bibee

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I was just about to say this and I just realized it. That's 750 Ops is a very flawed stat because a large chunk of that number has come with no Runners on base. They are definitely bottom five with risp.

And that kind of supports my theory that they're one of the worst offensive teams in the league right now. Because you don't get runs by hitting with nobody on base unless it's a home run.

The very good metrics combined with the bad RISP stats has middled out to 16th of 30 teams in runs scored. They aren’t one of the worst offensive teams in baseball, or anywhere close.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I mean, it’s almost like there are 3 parts to baseball (pitching, defense, hitting) and a team that is elite at 2 of those 3 things and average at the other might deserve to be in the playoffs.
I mean it's almost like if the Yankees and Red Sox had a normally good team we would be in last place. We are fortunate only in the fact that age appears to have finally caught up to the yanks and the Red Sox are tweeners just like us

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I mean it's almost like if the Yankees and Red Sox had a normally good team we would be in last place. We are fortunate only in the fact that age appears to have finally caught up to the yanks and the Red Sox are tweeners just like us

And all of this is because the Jays had a ludicrous 1-15 or whatever record against the Os/Red Sox at one point. The O’s being one of the “luckiest” teams in the league while the Jays have been insanely unlucky with RISP situations. If we’re going to use what ifs then the Jays would be competing for the division, which frankly is about as close to striking distance as the Red Sox are to the Jays.

Reactions: Suntouchable13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad