Blue Jays GDT: 2023 v5 | Wed, June 7 | vs HOU | 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT | Blanco vs Bassitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Hahahah Blair goin nuts on Billy from Markham on the post game... hilarious.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
You'll have to refresh my memory, heh...
CuxHL13UMAA6w9_

So advanced it tells you, and i need you to stay with me on this one; if you don't score runs, you lose the game.

• Haha
Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
This shit has to stop. Top 6 teams qualify, no divisions.
That division needs to be split up with the al east. We are always hyper competitive and they have a couple years spans at best for one or two teams. Now that they don’t play predominantly in their own division it’s making it look that much more pathetic.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Non zero chance the AL Central leader is under 500 by the end of the week.

Minnesota closes out the week with one more against Tampa and they come to Toronto. Cleveland would have a chance to catch them but they get the Astros next.

I honestly thought Cleveland would run away with that division but they've been worse.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
CuxHL13UMAA6w9_

So advanced it tells you, and i need you to stay with me on this one; if you don't score runs, you lose the game.

The best part is that this is more or less a slightly tweaked version of "Runs Produced" (turning it into a rate stat with the "/GP" part) which was first coined in a 1950s issue of Sports Illustrated and pretty much dead when Bill James got a hold of it and poked holes in its value in the 1970s.

Minnesota closes out the week with one more against Tampa and they come to Toronto. Cleveland would have a chance to catch them but they get the Astros next.

I honestly thought Cleveland would run away with that division but they've been worse.

The Jays really should be in the AL Central. Better geographic rivalries with Detroit, Cleveland, and Chicago, plus regular games in Minnesota to attract fans down from the prairies to Target Field.

Put the Royals in the NL Central and the Pirates from the central to the AL East

New AL Central = Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Minnesota, Toronto
New NL Central = Chicago, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Milwaukee, St. Louis
New AL East = Baltimore, Boston, New York, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay

Yeah, sucks for the Pirates. But it lets the Royals play inter-state rival with the Cards, give the Blue Jays 3 teams that are in fairly close proximity to them (closer than the eastern seaboard. The time zone f***ery is a bit of a problem, but that would still be 3 eastern time zone teams vs 2 central ones) and puts Pittsburgh into a division where they're not the eastern-most team by a significant margin.

Reactions: shaner8989
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

Cleveland's offense has been pathetic. Seems like everyone is way worse than last year, including Ramirez and Gimenez (great start to that contract lol). Naylor has been good lately, but they need Ramirez + another player to step up at the very least.

The good news is their rotation is solid and now healthy. When they ultimately trade Bieber before the deadline, Gavin Williams will likely be his replacement. The 3 rookies and McKenzie will have to carry the team to a division title.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Cleveland's offense has been pathetic. Seems like everyone is way worse than last year, including Ramirez and Gimenez (great start to that contract lol). Naylor has been good lately, but they need Ramirez + another player to step up at the very least.

The good news is their rotation is solid and now healthy. When they ultimately trade Bieber before the deadline, Gavin Williams will likely be his replacement. The 3 rookies and McKenzie will have to carry the team to a division title.
Cleveland has no one else to blame but themselves for that Gimenez contract. There were several stats last year that said his hitting was a mirage.

They took the gamble anyways...though to be fair it's a 7 year deal so plenty of time for it to rebound.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad