Blue Jays GDT: 2023 v13 | **WILDCARD SERIES GAME 2** Wed, Oct 4 | @ Min | 4:30pm ET/1:30pm PT | Berrios vs Gray

Who you got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Moreno with another HR For the D-Backs

But…….But…., But….., “wE nEeDeD VaRsHo’s DeFeNsE aNd LeFtY bAt!!!!!!!”

LMFAO

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
If the Phillies dust off Atlanta, I'd say outside of Houston, those other three teams are unexpected participants in the championship series.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Trading Moreno was so f***ing stupid from the beginning.
Definitely not looking great at this point, but let’s pull the reins in a little. People think Varsho is completely worthless or something. I’m guessing most people bashing the trade also flipped their lids when they made the Berrios trade. If they whine about every prospect that’s gets traded, eventually they may get one right.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Definitely not looking great at this point, but let’s pull the reins in a little. People think Varsho is completely worthless or something. I’m guessing most people bashing the trade also flipped their lids when they made the Berrios trade. If they whine about every prospect that’s gets traded, eventually they may get one right.
The issue with trading Moreno then and now was the timing. We traded him AFTER we signed Kiermeier, when a center fielder was not a need.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
It always should have been Kirk that was moved. I still like Varsho, but I would have preferred moving Kirk for the best return possible for him. I would have taken Moreno+Kirk trade return over Kirk+Varsho.

Also before someone responds with what I know you're thinking, no the DBacks DID NOT want Kirk. I wish they did, could have had Moreno and Varsho.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I liked the Berrios trade. You get a proven arm at a good age for a guy who wasn't developing well and another uncertain arm developing. Been burned enough on Pearson etc to not trust a hyped Blue Jays pitching prospect.

Moreno just obviously had the highest ceiling of the 3 catchers. Had the prospect ranking attached to him for high value and they got the expendable guy from AZ.

If you can't find a way to make it work around Jansen or Kirk then you don't do it.

Reactions: klmdg and Kurtz

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
If the Phillies dust off Atlanta, I'd say outside of Houston, those other three teams are unexpected participants in the championship series.

Phillies are very very good - I expected Houston to come out of AL and the winner of the ATL/Philly to come out of the NL. I think we're headed for a rematch of last year's WS, but this time Philly will take it.

Arizona and Texas were surprises though...especially Arizona.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Anybody know when Shapiro’s press conference is supposed to be? I heard earlier in the week Thursday morning but I never heard a time.

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009
Reactions: rboomercat90

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
So i don't really think much of susbtance was said by Shapiro. He's obviously a much better speaker than Atkins. But Atkins will return, and aside from "Ross needs to do better" and "communicate better with players & staff", nothing was said about the failure to acquire better hitters thruout the season once it was clearly evident that this team wasn't performing.

Someone asked him about "Ross' failures thruout the season" and he just deflected into something like everyone isnt perfect or something like that.

He didnt take much accountability either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad