2023 Tour de France

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I get the skepticism.. but it should be directed at all the top riders, many who have been sustaining crazy watts for several years now.

But where was all this outcry when Pogi did basically the same thing to Roglič, on the 2nd to last day of the tour?

Jul 6, 2008
GTA
It's cycling. I don't blame anyone for being cynical about Jonas (or Tadej in years past) tbh. I understand given the sports history why people would be scratching their heads with a performance like that. And I'm certainly done sticking up for riders - as they almost all get caught at some point..

With that being said, until they're caught, I operate under the assumption that it was legitimate.. and with that being said, Jonas is an absolute alien.

Also thought some of you may be interested in this short 2 minute video from SBS sports that shows the difference in the cornering approach between Jonas and Tadej yesterday.

----

Todays stage is considered the hardest of the Tour and UAE are on the backfoot. 155km left to go today, can Tadej respond?!

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I get the skepticism.. but it should be directed at all the top riders, many who have been sustaining crazy watts for several years now.

But where was all this outcry when Pogi did basically the same thing to Roglič, on the 2nd to last day of the tour?
There was plenty of outcry.

I have said already many times, it is not comparable because this performance is much more exaggerated by any metric than that one. Also, Roglic had a "bad" ITT, didn't even finish top 3. Pogaçar beat yesterday WVA (3rd in stage) by more than a minute.

Reactions: Filppula
Oct 18, 2006
Well, probably won’t win after whatever the heck happened there with the motorbike. Crazy stuff lol

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Well, probably won’t win after whatever the heck happened there with the motorbike. Crazy stuff lol
Was not going to win anyway.

Super strong performance by Gall and Simon Yates.
A shame that Pogi crashed at the start of the stage and he was not strong enough to fight for yellow jersey. I think there's a big chance he retires tonight, UAE has the podium in place with Yates anyway.

Have not seen such big differences in GC in a very long time... surely not from 2000 onwards.

Reactions: Filppula
Jul 6, 2008
GTA
Kudos to Jonas. Still lots to race for over the last few stages but that's the yellow wrapped up barring catastrophe.

Tadej telling his team he was dead and encouraging the guys to ride for Yates was *chefs kiss* and he's still smiling on the podium. What a professional. Glad to be able to watch both riders!

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
It's cycling. I don't blame anyone for being cynical about Jonas (or Tadej in years past) tbh. I understand given the sports history why people would be scratching their heads with a performance like that. And I'm certainly done sticking up for riders - as they almost all get caught at some point..

With that being said, until they're caught, I operate under the assumption that it was legitimate.. and with that being said, Jonas is an absolute alien.

Also thought some of you may be interested in this short 2 minute video from SBS sports that shows the difference in the cornering approach between Jonas and Tadej yesterday.

----

Todays stage is considered the hardest of the Tour and UAE are on the backfoot. 155km left to go today, can Tadej respond?!

This vid has to be the most pathetic whitewashing attempt ever made.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Gotta love Mohorics emotional celebration!

Guy said he sometimes feels like he doesn’t belong in the tdf peleton, and that he felt he betrayed Asgreen - Nah bro, you deserved the shit outta that win!

Reactions: Vasilevskiy
Jul 6, 2008
GTA
Great to see Pogi take the penultimate stage.

I thought it was an exciting TdF, it may have climaxed a little early but I enjoyed it from start to (almost) finish. Unsure if I'll be able to tune in tomorrow but will catch the highlights if not, shouldn't be many fireworks on the final day anyways.

Kudos to Jonas once again

Cyall for the Vuelta :)

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Fantastic stage today and a brilliant win for Yara Kastelijn. Her first win in a professional road race, and I suspect there will be more to come.

Reactions: MAHJ71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad