Prospect Info: 2023 Top Islanders Prospect #1

Islanders TOP Prospect #1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Picked Nelson. I have doubts that Dufour's game will translate to the NHL. The little I saw of Nelson, otoh, showed me a decisive player with size who can move, has enough skill, and is no meathead. It probably hurt his draft prospects that he played behind extremely talented players (eg Cole Eiserman). And he's an August birthday, so wouldn't be surprised to see a development jump.

Maybe he'll only be a middle-6 player, but I feel more confident about that than I do about Dufour being an NHL player. Nelson just looks right.

I don't know what to expect from Maggio. Agree about adding George.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I went with Dufour, but it isn't hard to see Nelson and/or Maggio passing him in a year. However, I also like what I have seen out of Dufour and he seems like a player who has the drive to improve his skating and get to the next level. Hopefully he is the anti-MDC.

Add George. Hoping he can stay healthy and take the next step in his development this season.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Buldoc for me I think he will cement himself in as a top 4 defenseman over the next couple of years.
I feel the same (Bolduc for me) I see talent in this kid and I believe Nelson will be a player. For the add throw in Salo I still think he should oust Aho.

Reactions: WangMustGo

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Not even posted, smh
1691429553206.jpeg

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I have high hopes for Dufour. Love his size, heavy shot and the fact that he’s proven he can raise his performance when the pressure is on as he did during his team’s Memorial Cup run.

With that positivity out of the way, I have to say when I saw the beginning of the yearly top prospect polls, I immediately thought of this:

Last edited:

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Add Salo and George. I picked Maggio. I have high hopes for him. Dufour won’t be in my top 10. I saw him live 3 times. He is a terrible skater with below average hockey sense IMO.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I went with Dufour, but it isn't hard to see Nelson and/or Maggio passing him in a year. However, I also like what I have seen out of Dufour and he seems like a player who has the drive to improve his skating and get to the next level. Hopefully he is the anti-MDC.

Add George. Hoping he can stay healthy and take the next step in his development this season.
Dufour has some laziness to his game, he’s young and perhaps that will go away with maturity. That said he is pretty safe guy to play in league IMO, his size and skills should translate to a middle six role as his skating improves.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
We have a prospect?

A sincere look at the prospect bin shows us that the team doesn't have any of those so-called bluechippers. There's not one guy who you can look at and say, "Oh yes, he's going to be an impact player at the NHL level".

It does however have a wide range of players who'll do anything from take a few shifts at the NHL level to becoming regular lower line players. Furthermore, offensive roles could be in line for no less than Holmstrom, Dufour, Maggio, and Nelson when all is said and done while Bolduc, Odelius, and George have tools that could see them be #4 Dmen at some point.

The guys I think are going to one day surprise are Finley, Malinen, and Liukas. With the exception of the latter, who some here have already talked about positively (think Matt Martin mould), the other two are mentioned around here rarely, but both are on the kinds of paths that could have us very excited in 3 years' time.

Reactions: danteipp and NYI365

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I picked Weinhandl. Add Nilsson and O'Mara

If former-Leafs sh!tb@g prospect, Michal Trávníček, doesn't blind Weinhandl, I wonder what type of NHL career he might have carved out? Just another reason to loathe the Laffs.

Reactions: NYI365

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad