Red Sox/MLB 2023 Regular Season II - 140-22 still possible - RIP Vida Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That's a complete headscratcher to me.
he’s one of their hottest hitters. OPS is close to 1.000 the last two weeks. Been getting unlucky too (a few HR’s knocked down by the wind, last nights screamer to right being caught by Tatis in an amazing play)

It’s only against righties while Turner is out though, I expect him back towards the bottom of the lineup when he returns

Last edited:
Reactions: sarge88

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
he’s one of their hottest hitters. OPS is close to 1.000 the last two weeks. Been getting unlucky too (a few HR’s knocked down by the wind, last nights screamer to right being caught by Tatis in an amazing play)

It’s only against righties while Turner is out though, I expect him back towards the bottom of the lineup when he returns

Just seems there might be a few better options than a .178 hitter to bat 3rd.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Just seems there might be a few better options than a .178 hitter to bat 3rd.
They’re not making their lineup decisions in late May based on an early April cold stretch to start the year. He’s been one of their better hitters for close to a month now.

They want somebody who will get on-base in front of Devers. Who better than the guy who just had a 20something game on-base streak?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
They’re not making their lineup decisions in late May based on an early April cold stretch to start the year. He’s been one of their better hitters for close to a month now.

They want somebody who will get on-base in front of Devers. Who better than the guy who just had a 20something game on-base streak?

I'd say in general, managers of major league teams don't base their lineups on the last few weeks.

I cannot ever recall a guy hitting .178 being moved into the 3 hole.

Perhaps Cora is ahead of his time. But it's certainly not close to the norm.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'd say in general, managers of major league teams don't base their lineups on the last few weeks.

I cannot ever recall a guy hitting .178 being moved into the 3 hole.

Perhaps Cora is ahead of his time. But it's certainly not close to the norm.
When they’re missing the usual guy in that spot they absolutely will. It’s temporary. And Casas has been one of their better hitters lately (even if you want to disagree). Also I highly doubt teams are making lineup decisions based on batting average these days- They look deeper than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mione134

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
didn’t agree with a bunch of stuff Chaim did but glad it’s been good and hopefully when Duval & Story return the offense can run at 5 a game

Hate the handling of Bogearts and one or both of Eovoldi of Wacha kept

Gotta be honest I hope SD implodes

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
When they’re missing the usual guy in that spot they absolutely will. It’s temporary. And Casas has been one of their better hitters lately (even if you want to disagree). Also I highly doubt teams are making lineup decisions based on batting average these days- They look deeper than that.

I do. Unless you mean one of their 6th or 7th best hitters.

And you may well be correct that lineup decisions are not based on batting average as much as they once were.

Still, I'm hard pressed to find anyone batting third in a major league lineup batting under .200.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Could of kept Eovaldi. Wacha.

But no. We wanted Kluber for years and finally got him. But he's not the guy he was 4 years ago.

I'm sorry but...he's not even getting ground outs. Just..painful watching.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah I’m done with Kluber. 3 walks and an error from him is gross

Could of kept Eovaldi. Wacha.

But no. We wanted Kluber for years and finally got him. But he's not the guy he was 4 years ago.

I'm sorry but...he's not even getting ground outs. Just..painful watching.
I have zero desire to give Wacha 4 years. They offered Eovaldi a bigger deal than he got, he just wanted to shop around and when he came back the money was gone. There was way less commitment with Kluber. Whitlock will be replacing him shortly.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Yeah I’m done with Kluber. 3 walks and an error from him is gross

I have zero desire to give Wacha 4 years. They offered Eovaldi a bigger deal than he got, he just wanted to shop around and when he came back the money was gone. There was way less commitment with Kluber

I agree about Wacha. I think they should of paid Nathan. It wasn't even a lot of money or term.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I agree about Wacha. I think they should of paid Nathan. It wasn't even a lot of money or term.
He had 1 healthy year in 4 years- I get cutting bait and collecting the pick, especially with him being 33. There’s logic there.

Kluber is new smoltz unfortunately. Command disappeared this year.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad