Speculation: 2023 playoffs

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
A slightly different playoff topic:

This team may be able to win with any of four different goalies. Could be Cassidy’s system, but..

Patera’s green, but he shows promise.
Quick is up there in age, but he can steal a game.
Hill gets in his zone, and he can steal a game.
Thompson may be most consistent, returning soon.

Options are nice.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
A slightly different playoff topic:

This team may be able to win with any of four different goalies. Could be Cassidy’s system, but..

Patera’s green, but he shows promise.
Quick is up there in age, but he can steal a game.
Hill gets in his zone, and he can steal a game.
Thompson may be most consistent, returning soon.

Options are nice.

Brossoit also looked the best he's ever looked in his three starts and that was during a time the team was struggling in front of him.

Apart from teams with a bona fide star starter they have complete trust in and a veteran backup to rely on just in case, we are in the next best position at goal.

Reactions: WhataKnight

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Brossoit also looked the best he's ever looked in his three starts and that was during a time the team was struggling in front of him.

Apart from teams with a bona fide star starter they have complete trust in and a veteran backup to rely on just in case, we are in the next best position at goal.
Now that you mention it, I hadn’t correlated Brossoit’s 1-0-2 with the dip of the team’s play overall..

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Courtesy of @Fixed to Ruin :laugh::laugh::laugh:

1048263.jpg

1051599.jpg

1052016.jpg

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
If we can win 2 out of the 4 in any fashion, and Oil and LAK each lose a single game (oil losing in regulation), we are good.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
If we can win 2 out of the 4 in any fashion, and Oil and LAK each lose a single game (oil losing in regulation), we are good.
Either way, what ever it takes to not play the Oilers... LA isn't quite as scary as McDavid and Drai, really the whole team since the ASG

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Either way, what ever it takes to not play the Oilers... LA isn't quite as scary as McDavid and Drai, really the whole team since the ASG
If we can get Carrier, Thompson, Theodore back for the playoffs I think we're significantly deeper, especially on defense and in goal than the Oilers. Moreover, maybe we'd have a shot at Stone back (not counting on it) if we play them in round 2.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
If we can get Carrier, Thompson, Theodore back for the playoffs I think we're significantly deeper, especially on defense and in goal than the Oilers. Moreover, maybe we'd have a shot at Stone back (not counting on it) if we play them in round 2.

None of that would matter unless we flat out just don't take any penalties. Special teams would 100% cost us the series against the Oilers.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

I don't know if i would want to play the Flames either. Sutter has a history of taking 8th place teams and making deep runs. If Markstrom starts making saves, then the Flames could cause trouble.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I don't know if i would want to play the Flames either. Sutter has a history of taking 8th place teams and making deep runs. If Markstrom starts making saves, then the Flames could cause trouble.
Frankly, unless they're changing the playoff rules and deciding we can play the Ducks in the first round, it doesn't matter who we play. We could even lose to the Jets, who we beat 3 times this year but have a goalie who can steal games.

If we get healthy and Eichel can play like the superstar he's capable of, we can win the Cup. Or we could lose in the first round.

Reactions: hn777

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Frankly, unless they're changing the playoff rules and deciding we can play the Ducks in the first round, it doesn't matter who we play. We could even lose to the Jets, who we beat 3 times this year but have a goalie who can steal games.

If we get healthy and Eichel can play like the superstar he's capable of, we can win the Cup. Or we could lose in the first round.
Also we can get first half of the season Stephenson as opposed to 2nd half

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Also we can get first half of the season Stephenson as opposed to 2nd half
He's looked much better last two games. Larger question - if we get Carrier back, who sits?? Howden, Kessel?? God forbid, Koleslaw?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
He's looked much better last two games. Larger question - if we get Carrier back, who sits?? Howden, Kessel?? God forbid, Koleslaw?

IF Carrier comes back it would be between Dorofeyev and Howden coming out.

I honestly don't understand Cassidy's love for Kolesar. He's the worst player on the roster AINEC. He doesn't do anything well and yet he just is a permanent fixture. Tonight Blueger is getting healthy scratched again.

No reason to breakup the Dorofeyev-Karlsson-Smith line unless Stone comes back. Amadio should be with Stephenson and Kessel until Carrier can play. Howden-Blueger-Roy 4th line.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Now that home ice is assured, it's confirmed that I will be at Round 1 Game 2.

I see tickets on Ticketmaster. Do we think those prices will go down or should I snag some now?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Schedule of round 1. Playoffs start 4/17. The only conflict per arena schedule in the next two weeks is 4/22.

If the playoffs began today, VGK would be facing Winnipeg. The only conflict per arena schedule is 4/20.

So the schedule is probably
Game 1 4/17
Game 2 4/19
Game 3 (4/21) away
Game 4 (4/23) away
Game 5 4/25
Game 6 4/27 away
Game 7 4/29

OR
Game 1 4/18
Game 2 4/20
Game 3 (4/22) away
Game 4 (4/24) away
Game 5 4/26
Game 6 4/28 away
Game 7 4/30

Now that home ice is assured, it's confirmed that I will be at Round 1 Game 2.

I see tickets on Ticketmaster. Do we think those prices will go down or should I snag some now?
Depends on opponent? Might be cheaper until actual schedule is announced.

Reactions: Penguins23

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
IF Carrier comes back it would be between Dorofeyev and Howden coming out.

I honestly don't understand Cassidy's love for Kolesar. He's the worst player on the roster AINEC. He doesn't do anything well and yet he just is a permanent fixture. Tonight Blueger is getting healthy scratched again.

No reason to breakup the Dorofeyev-Karlsson-Smith line unless Stone comes back. Amadio should be with Stephenson and Kessel until Carrier can play. Howden-Blueger-Roy 4th line.

Not to just blindly disagree, but I think Kolesar’s contribution is more what doesn’t happen when he’s on the ice - namely, getting overpowered by either offense or physical play.

A reliable #4RW that can slot in for better than 7/8ths of your games while sitting on the desirable side of +/- is far from the worst thing in the world. That’s a good chunk of hockey played without statistically being the weak link. Not to mention how the roster isn’t inviting operational deficiency if he’s cooling his heels for 5 on a fighting major.

Reactions: RapidKnight

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Schedule of round 1. Playoffs start 4/17. The only conflict per arena schedule in the next two weeks is 4/22.

If the playoffs began today, VGK would be facing Winnipeg. The only conflict per arena schedule is 4/20.

So the schedule is probably
Game 1 4/17
Game 2 4/19
Game 3 (4/21) away
Game 4 (4/23) away
Game 5 4/25
Game 6 4/27 away
Game 7 4/29

OR
Game 1 4/18
Game 2 4/20
Game 3 (4/22) away
Game 4 (4/24) away
Game 5 4/26
Game 6 4/28 away
Game 7 4/30

Depends on opponent? Might be cheaper until actual schedule is announced.
Is there another option other than Ticketmaster?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad