Red Sox/MLB 2023 Off Season Part II - Source: Trevor Story has internal brace surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Because a player is circling the wagons to support another teammate and friend, it makes the reporting of multiple sources untrue? Again, they saw a decrease in velocity year over year over year, which indicates elbow issues. It was known before he came here that he had issues. They got worse. So to suggest this just came out of nowhere despite it being out there for years? Laughable.

Like I said before, it's completely laughable. :naughty:

This is it in a nutshell. Last year for infielders we had Devers at third, Xander at SS, Story at 2nd, and Hosmer at 1st. This year we have Devers at 3rd, Heywood Jablome at SS, Richard Cranium at 2nd, and Hugh Jorgan at first. Yet they still have one of the highest priced tickets in all of baseball. Why are people still not only supporting this ownership group, but realistically, enabling them?
Nobody is denying he had the elbow issue, people are denying that this is something they delayed surgery on. It wasn’t an injury that required surgery the last couple years. He tried to ramp up for the WBC (again, something a guy who knows he needs surgery would not do) and it became an issue that needs surgery now.

I find it strange that you think Hosmer to Casas is a downgrade. That’s at least how the post reads when you act like he was a significant part of last years team and give Casas some fake name like he’s a nothing. I don’t see that at all, both with the bat and with the glove

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Nobody is denying he had the elbow issue, people are denying that this is something they delayed surgery on. It wasn’t an injury that required surgery the last couple years. He tried to ramp up for the WBC (again, something a guy who knows he needs surgery would not do) and it became an issue that needs surgery now.

I find it strange that you think Hosmer to Casas is a downgrade. That’s at least how the post reads when you act like he was a significant part of last years team and give Casas some fake name like he’s a nothing. I don’t see that at all, both with the bat and with the glove
Casas is an unknown. Whether he belongs or doesn't is up in the air. Even if he makes it, he's still a raw rookie with a lot to learn, and no veteran playing the same spot to help him along.

As for the delay or not, look at the team's recent track record. They did the wait and see, rest and heal routine with Sale. With Lackey. With Schilling. With a lot of guys and it never works out. So hearing Story needed surgery and had opted to delay it in favor of rest despite it being most likely, simply fits with how the team has operated in the John Henry/Tom Werner era. They've done this too many times for me to give them the benefit of doubt.

1673461222513.png

• Haha
Reactions: 22Brad Park

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Crazy that Henry couldn't be bothered to show up for the biggest contract he's ever given out.

I see they did actually end up tacking on the extension to the arb agreement. Should be easy to stay under the tax threshold, if not now then at the deadline by moving some pieces.

Reactions: CDJ and LSCII

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m not happy about Bogearts but I like the way they are drafting and rummaging

I would still sign Wacha and pick up a bat like Duvall or Pollock

Big fan of Nick Ahmed- unbelievable fielder and his bat would be fine here

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
probably fans are trying to stay above water with their finances instead of carrying water for the front office who won't put a winning product on the field

Supporting your team isn’t “carrying water”. I’m sorry to those who can’t afford it but I can and will enjoy. As I have said in the past.

I will also not give into this idra that if you go to games, you’re a bad fan or something.

Reactions: CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
That’s okay. Pretty much what pink hats do. Only show up when the team is good.
No, that is not what being a pink hat means. A pink hat will go to games when team is good or bad because they don't actually know how the team is doing.

Just shelled out 330M to a player.

“Cheap ownership”

Only of HFB can you read such stupid drivel. Absolutely comical. :laugh:
Not as bad as calling Chaim Bloom a great GM when there is zero evidence of it. But keep being that self proclaimed perfect fan!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
No, that is not what being a pink hat means. A pink hat will go to games when team is good or bad because they don't actually know how the team is doing.

Not as bad as calling Chaim Bloom a great GM when there is zero evidence of it. But keep being that self proclaimed perfect fan!

Are you this easy to trigger on other things? Hahahaha

Pink Hats only care when the team is good. They fade if the team fades.

I am the perfect fan! You should take notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad