Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Concidently, 2011 wouldn't have happened if the best team in the East played the best in the West. (they were top of their division but 4th in Eastern conference standings)

Playoffs are fine.

Good teams win enough to get to the playoffs. Great teams figure out how to win in the playoffs.

Was the 2011 team a great or lucky team?
Timmy Thomas the end.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Here's a hypothetical - would you trade Charlie McAvoy for Elias Pettersson in a straight hockey trade, presuming Pettersson would be eager to sign long term?

The Bruins defense loses big time while the 1C position is set for a decade. Pettersson has been quoted as not being keen on staying with Vancouver if they aren't winning, which hasn't been their thing for a while now. They could really use a top RD like Charlie, and it's his final season without trade protection.

What say you, HFBruins?

Reluctant yes

24 y/o 1C is huge. Obviously Mac is a rock on this team, but I think with 37/46 off into the sunset a change like this would be a jolt of fresh air. The D group would be highly downgraded obviously, but would probably be passable

Having said that I can't really imagine a scenario where they would pull the trigger on that trade

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins had 5 of top 40 players in my Hockey News Yearbook that showed up yesterday
Pastrnak
McAvoy 20
Ullmark 21
Marchand 33
Lindholm 40

Full disclosure Point was 47 lol

He’s top 15-20

Athletic non Fluto writer said Bruins are one of most fascinating teams going forward with their foundation in place, a lot of money, great management and an organization/city players want to come to

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That 2019 loss game 7 at home against blues was the dagger and here we are today. It is what it is keep cheering.
Probably exceeds 1986 WS & 2007 SB In disappointing sports moments because I was there and with daughter

If I wasn’t - give me the SB 19-0 season

As a season ticket holder there are only 2 games I would have used a valuable Bruins 1 of 3 wishes

2011 game 7 in Vancouver
2019 game 7 here vs Blues

Only 2 times you win you are champs and no other game I’ve seen carried that much weight

I’m 1 and 1

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Probably exceeds 1986 WS & 2007 SB In disappointing sports moments because I was there and with daughter

If I wasn’t - give me the SB 19-0 season

As a season ticket holder there are only 2 games I would have used a valuable Bruins 1 of 3 wishes

2011 game 7 in Vancouver
2019 game 7 here vs Blues

Only 2 times you win you are champs and no other game I’ve seen carried that much weight

I’m 1 and 1
I was at that 19-0 Super Bowl. Felt way worse than the Bruins last year. Especially riding the shuttle bus with all Giants fans.

Reactions: bbfan419 and DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was at that 19-0 Super Bowl. Felt way worse than the Bruins last year. Especially riding the shuttle bus with all Giants fans.
I here you - my Bruins wish list was to see Cup live with daughter

If I wasn’t at game I would have been extremely bummed but since Patriots were 18-0 that’s where I land over 2019

Also John Tomasi story broke that morning and watched game not sure what would happen

I’ve never run into Tomase and wish him no ill will but if I do I will tell him his story ruined that day even going into game

I’ve never read one thing he’s wrote since

Reactions: EverettMike

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Ask Phil Esposito or anyone else on those 68-73 teams how they feel. Great regular seasons, yipeeee. Leaving at Least 1 Cup on the table, probably two and if you stretch it out to 74 the Flyers Cup was also very winnable.

I take Cups, not President Trophies, President Trophies are the NHL equivalent of a participation award.
I hope the Bruins never win another Presidents trophy.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Last 13 seasons
Most points
Most wins 635
Highest win %
Most Prez trophies
Second most Finals
Second most playoff series wins 15

But only one Cup they suck and are losers - yawn

Give me LA
2 Cups (snicker)
Not sure how anyone could look at this and not be disappointed,it’s like dating 13 really hot girls and only getting past first base with one of them,and getting to the finals and not winning is like ,well I will leave that to the imagination,sorry ladies I know pretty sexist analogy.Lol

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I asked several times for all these posters that feel Gryz is a significant part of the Bruins always using advanced stats of some level to justify there argument . What is Gryz's trade value???. I personally would be very pleased if the Bruins could get a 2nd round pick as a return .I think he would have been moved by now if they could
You’d be lucky to get a 3rd. I’d say after being scratched in the playoffs and owing him more than his cap hit is worth I’d say a 4th round pick is the going value.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Noting, “It’s the only team that I know and the team that I grew up with,” DeBrusk added, “Hopefully it goes in that direction, and we’ll see how it goes.” Not sure exactly what his future holds, especially in the midst of what looks to be big changes with the Bruins’ roster, DeBrusk explained, “That’s why I have an agent (Rick Valette), and I told him I wanted to stay out of this one and in time, it’ll be nice when it all gets done.”

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

Noting, “It’s the only team that I know and the team that I grew up with,” DeBrusk added, “Hopefully it goes in that direction, and we’ll see how it goes.” Not sure exactly what his future holds, especially in the midst of what looks to be big changes with the Bruins’ roster, DeBrusk explained, “That’s why I have an agent (Rick Valette), and I told him I wanted to stay out of this one and in time, it’ll be nice when it all gets done.”

He's setting the table. Would love to see him get wrapped up. I don't have an exact number but if it's 8 per or under, I probably won't be disappointed.

Reactions: hrdpuk

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Here's a hypothetical - would you trade Charlie McAvoy for Elias Pettersson in a straight hockey trade, presuming Pettersson would be eager to sign long term?

The Bruins defense loses big time while the 1C position is set for a decade. Pettersson has been quoted as not being keen on staying with Vancouver if they aren't winning, which hasn't been their thing for a while now. They could really use a top RD like Charlie, and it's his final season without trade protection.

What say you, HFBruins?
I’d be inclined to take that deal.

Historically, the Bruins have always had tremendous talent on defense, but have almost always been thin on offense. I have much more faith in the Bruins finding the next top defenseman than the next 1C.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
He's setting the table. Would love to see him get wrapped up. I don't have an exact number but if it's 8 per or under, I probably won't be disappointed.
Some of the media was setting the recent Brandon Hagel 8 year 52 million dollar deal ($6.5 million against the salary cap annually ) as a comparable for the next Debrusk contract.

Part of remaining competitive will be to extend their upcoming free agents starting with DeBrusk. The Edmonton, Alberta native has made it clear he wants to stay, but what will his extension look like? A lot of comparisons to Brandon Hagel have been thrown around since he signed his new deal last week. However, Hagel is almost two years younger and put up 30 goals and 34 assists this past season in 81 games. On the flip side, DeBrusk has a longer track record of success and is set to hit unrestricted free agency.

While the players aren’t a mirror image of one another, Hagel’s contract is a pretty good comparison for the Bruins and DeBrusk to utilize as a framework for an extension that both sides appear eager to sign.

Last edited:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Really, what a drag following a President's trophy winner all season long.
If the outcome was like last season yes it is a big drag ,kind of a big joke actually,literally a punchline in jokes probably forever, or atleast until another team beats their regular season record and goes out in the first round after blowing a 3-1 series lead,so yess probably forever. But enough wrong thread for this argument or difference of opinions. We’re going to get in trouble.Lol

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Bruins had 5 of top 40 players in my Hockey News Yearbook that showed up yesterday
Pastrnak
McAvoy 20
Ullmark 21
Marchand 33
Lindholm 40

Full disclosure Point was 47 lol

He’s top 15-20

Athletic non Fluto writer said Bruins are one of most fascinating teams going forward with their foundation in place, a lot of money, great management and an organization/city players want to come to
Although I agree with the bruins having some of the top players in the league, but saying the foundation is in place, I just can't agree with, when they don't have a number one or imo a true Number 2 center on the current roster.

Can they make moves and bring in such players? Yes without question but until their here, that foundation can crumble to the ground. It is here, but it needs to start from the middle down and the Bruins right now don't have that. Great players yes, but missing a key piece or two that solidifies your foundation.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Although I agree in the bruins have some of the top players in the league but saying the foundation is in place, I just can't agree with when they don't have a number one or imo a true Number 2 center on the current roster.

Can they make moves and bring in such players? Yes without question but until they’re here the foundation is there but it needs to start from the middle down and the Bruins right now aren't there. Great players but missing a key piece or two that solidifies your foundation.
They have 3 of the 4 foundational pieces

Defense - McAvoy
Goalie - Ullmark
Wing - Pastrnak

Zacha is a number 2 easy

I see him in a Fred Stanfield/David Krejci category

He plays 200 feet and has blossoming skills

Big Zacha fan here

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
They have 3 of the 4 foundational pieces

Defense - McAvoy
Goalie - Ullmark
Wing - Pastrnak

Zacha is a number 2 easy

I see him in a Fred Stanfield/David Krejci category

He plays 200 feet and has blossoming skills

Big Zacha fan here
3 of the 4 easily just missing that top tier Center. Hopefully Im wrong on Zacha. I like him as a player but I think he's more suited as a 2nd line wing, 3rd line Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway